Darren and James: The Fast Food Chase (Put on ice)

Started by fentongames, Thu 17/08/2006 22:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

fentongames

Fenton Film Games Presents
Darren and James: The Fast Food Chase

Darren and James is a game about two teenagers who live a normal life, in a normal house, in a normal town. And a brand new cafe called "Daddy Over There Cafe" (don't ask how we came up with that name), has been opened by Mr Grovebury, an ape (it's true) with a Jamaican accent who cooks fantastic food for anybody at anytime. Until today that is. His cafe later that night, had been robbed by two evil creatures, one called Boglin (a purple sloppy thing) and Ictornas (a dinosaur that survived the asteroid) robbing the cafe of all of Mr Grovebury's food and possesions. Boglin and Ictornas are the two villains of the game. After the cafe is robbed, Mr Grovebury disappeared, He was a great friend to Darren and James and he made great food. So it's up to Darren and James to save the day, find Mr Grovebury, catch Boglin and Ictornas, re-open the cafe and save the world. But that isn't all, the story has only just begun here! Literally!

This adventure will take these two teenagers deep into the caribbean, into the entire country of spain and 100 foot into a dungeon. So in Spring 2007, enjoy the craziest, funniest and biggest adventure game of all time. With the two funniest characters of course.

Darren and James in their house getting ready to begin the adventure!

Darren and James looking around the mountains of spain (rough image)

Image of the opening credits sequence.

Latest and most time consuming image made by me.

More up to date images coming soon.

Features of the Game:
.Two playable characters
.Original story, music, characters and hi-res cartoon graphics
.Full voice acting
.Logical and illogical puzzles
.Five parts, some longer and harder than others
.Fully animated cutscenes

Progress Report (PART ONE ONLY)
Graphics: 0%
Music: 8%
Story: 100%
Scripting: 60%
Programming: 0%

Part One will be released as a demo so that you can see what the game is like.

In around Summer 2007, expect to see this game on the Long Game category on this site and mine.
www.fentonfilms.co.uk
I'm currently working on a new site though, entirely devoted to Darren and James. It'll be great. I want to eventually turn this into the best game ever!

See you around.
fentonfilms

btw, sorry about my HP games, I stopped working on them a while ago. But I might return to them one day, after everything else. I probably won't though.

Anyway, see you around again.
fentonfilms
Time Kid, coming this summer.

RedBlob

Great story! You obviously put a lot of work into it. This looks it will be a lot of fun to play.

Petra

This sounds as if a great game is forthcoming ;D

The story seems to be funny and the screenshots look awesome!

Hope to play this soon!!!

fentongames

I've just re-written Part Ones script to make it tie into the story a lot more. I'm also redrawing a few of the backgrounds too. I'm first drawing them by hand, then tracing them onto the computer and adding extra little bits to turn it into something I think is good. (See the screenshot below for an example).

I'm also using a One Cursor system now too, like in Da New Guys. This lets the player character do the most obvious thing, but without having to create a new and confusing interface.Ã,  :)

I need some people to join me with this project. First I need a music composer, and second I need an animator. I'm starting to get good at these things, but it's nowhere near good enough to turn it into the best game ever.

I'd like the music composer to be someone that can do many different moods and has had experience with it before. Anyone interested, please send me a PM and I'll tell you what to do next. I had mOds or Geoffkhan in mind, but I don't know what they're doing at the moment.

Another thing I need is an animator that can do hi-res, has had experience and can make the animations look believable and professional.

I'm starting my two GCSE school years tomorrow, so production will have to slow down a little, but it will still carry on of course. So here's another screen to keep you entertained until the demo arrives.

(Image now out of date)

Ubel

Haha, this looks so very great! I want to play this. I agree with the others that the story sounds really interesting. :D It's a pity though that you didn't finish your HP game. I was looking forward to that one too. Good luck with this though, I hope you'll do better with this one! :)

IceMan

Nice work, Fenton!  And thanks for emulating the DNG interface  :)

I'd be happy to chip in some anims once DNG2 is out the way.

CosmoQueen

I love games like this!!! Please get it finished soon!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

calacver

Good job fenton! I liked how your HP game looked too :)

fentongames

Hi everyone!

I have bumped this thread by accident when I was trying to edit the first post, so I'll give a little update on progress and replies to the replies in this thread.

Quote from: IceMan on Sat 02/09/2006 09:44:37
Nice work, Fenton! And thanks for emulating the DNG interface :)

I'd be happy to chip in some anims once DNG2 is out the way.
Thanks Iceman, but I think I can do it by myself now.Ã,  :)

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Mon 18/09/2006 06:24:41
I love games like this!!! Please get it finished soon!
Thanks! It will be finished in 2007. Well, that's what I'm aiming for. I'm rubbish with deadlines!

Quote from: Pablo on Fri 01/09/2006 21:01:32
Haha, this looks so very great! I want to play this. I agree with the others that the story sounds really interesting. :D It's a pity though that you didn't finish your HP game. I was looking forward to that one too. Good luck with this though, I hope you'll do better with this one!
Quote from: calacver on Mon 18/09/2006 22:36:05
Good job fenton! I liked how your HP game looked too :)
Thanks you two! I may return to my HP game if I want to, but not yet. This game is more important and original. And I guarentee I will do better!

And now the progress.

I have changed the games name to "Darren and James: The Fast Food Chase" so that it will hopefully attract more attention and explain basically what the game is about.

I am no longer looking for composers or animators since I am much better than what I was now. I will be posting some samples in the critiques lounge a few times though.

The new site is almost ready and will be made public when completely finished.

The demo isn't far away now and I promise you will have fun playing it and the full game.

fentonfilms

Erwin_Br

Why is your "website" (http://www.fentonfilms.co.uk/) a collection of banners ads and spam?

--Erwin

fentongames

:o AHHH! I didn't see that! I'll have to get that fixed. I don't know how that happened!

fentongames

Hello, everybody.

I have fixed my site, Erwin, but it is on a different subject now, another game. Let me just be clear that this game is ABSOLUTELY NOT cancelled. I am just going to work on some smaller games at the moment that will take less time to complete. After I release one of them, I'll follow the criticism I get and make the next game better. And the same with the next one. And so forth.
I just want to make this game as good as it can get. And I would like to release a game quite soon because I want to take it with me to my Work Experience place. You will hear about this game soon. So you probably won't hear anything from this thread for a few months, although I haven't had a lot of replies so far...

So, not cancelled, put on ice, shorter game coming soon.Ã,  :)

Bye!

fentonfilms.

EDIT: By the way. All of the artwork in the screenshots is OLD now.

Bye again!

IceMan

Sorry to hear this is going to be a while, fenty - I was really looking forward to it!

Then again, getting a few smaller projects under your belt is a real sensible idea.  Get that experience, improve your skills, and wait until you can make the game exactly how you envisioned!  Kudos to you (and when I think back to my earlier, unreleased projects, I'm glad I made them before trying Da New Guys!)  :P

Good luck with your new proj in the meantime, then!

Darth Mandarb

Let me know when/if you begin production again ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk