Sprite Jam 11 - 17 September: Costumes

Started by buloght, Mon 11/09/2006 12:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

buloght

Topic: Costume Shop

Rules
- Create a sprite in a costume, the gal/guy must be visible somehow :) (even if it's only eyes).
- max 24 colours
- max 150x150

note Ignore the names on the background, it's the only one I could find from the web without playing the game.

ninepug

I choose you! Lizard/Crocodile/Dinosaur costume thingie.
70x86, 8 colours including bg  :)

and if it's allowed to have more than one entry
45x69, 6 colours including bg.

ps. is that from Family Treasure 2? :D (the sprite, not the background  ;))

buloght

Those are great entries. I'll count both, though I like the lizard more  :), so he is the one to beat.

The sprite was done for a sprite jam a long time ago, and (MI2 spoiler)
Spoiler

it's supposed to be guybrush's brother in lechuck disguise.
[close]

vict0r

Tocsik

It's Richard Nixon dressed up like Captain Jack Sparrow or it's Jack Sparrow dressed up like Richard Nixon.  ::)

rmullen

Sir B dressed as Commander Jordie Laforge.Ã,  12 + 1 colors.Ã,  Wear that uniform with pride!

3x
A huggamatron trophy!

Oneway

I'm not sure if it's allowed to enter an old sprite to a competition. If it isn't allowed, this is not an entry.

Actually i'm pretty sure it isn't allowed, i'm just glad i got a chance to use this cheesy guy again.

120 x 120 pixels
9 colors, including background
Almost intentionally left blank.

Hollister Man

Heh, that Geordi costume is pretty cool, but his visor and uniform are gold, not green.  :D

That Nixon one is good too. :)
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Clip

Hello!

Now you can see what happened if Guybrush couldn't prove himself to old pirates that he is ready to become a real pirate. So he had to find another job.
Lucky for him he was able to go to Disneyland and work there. And his work is to hand out booklets.

17 Colours
2X

lilemX

SinSin

Guybrushes dad in the purple tentacle costume
2X
Currently working on a project!

Lad

ok this is my character, he is a little man in a some sort of cat costume. I used 16 different colours(do you think it was too much for such a small picture?)

BTW, I am planning to use him in my game, but I don`t really know do I make it.

Afflict

I made a character of Fernando from Prison Break. (Scofields cell mate)

2x

Role: Fernando Sucre in Prison Beak

After escaping fromt FoxRiver Fernando decided that no one will take notice of a running mario.
Sadly after numerous requests for autographs and forgetting to put on the fake moustach the
desquise didnt work that well... I guess Luigi costume would of drawn less attention ;)

Shade

i present: the 3 headed monkey as Dr. John "The Bee" Rambo!

Esterlin

Rincewind decided to put on death's mask after all.

2x

calacver

Esterlin, is that a Rincewind paintover? Progzmax is the best artist because he does his own work. You'll see, you will improve quicker that way.

Tocsik

looks like he redrew it to me but I'm not getting into a petty argument here. besides its sir b's call.

Tomas

I guess I will be disqualified for using an old sprite but this one just fits so perfectly here, I had to post it.

Gary Coleman in diguise.

calacver

Quote from: Tocsik on Sat 16/09/2006 21:57:51
Quote from: calacver on Sat 16/09/2006 19:52:38
Esterlin, is that a Rincewind paintover? Progzmax is the best artist because he does his own work. You'll see, you will improve quicker that way.

It says right in his post that it is, Plus the competition is costumes the the point is the costume not the person in it.

The point is drawing original sprites (not original characters). You can easily draw rincewind in your own style with a costume. The competition never said paint overs. Sprite jams never recommend that.  He didn't say he did a paint over, he just said he did rincewind.

Mr_Frisby

This comp reminded me of some stuff I drewd!

Dig the crappy color job - I is ace!

This is not an entry as it is two sprites in twice the size  :P
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk