2n Contest, Sep 12th - 19th

Started by BunnyMilk, Tue 12/09/2006 13:21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

BunnyMilk

Alright! Last round went pretty well. Let's try and do something cool this time round.

A Torture Scene / Sequence

Picture any torture sequence from any game or movie whether it be the electric shock treatment from MGS or Hooks in the back of Ichi the Killer. I want you to come up with an atmospheric piece that portrays the mood of the sequence. You can describe what is happening in the sequence if you want or you can leave it up to our imagination.

Also you will get bonus points for effective and creative use of a duck sound but it's not necessary at all.

Good luck everyone, Have fun and hopefully my first tune contest doesn't fail.

EDIT: Making an edit, I worded this badly. I'm not saying MAKE  PIECE OF MUSIC TO GO WITH THE SCENE YOU CHOSE. I'm saying think up your own scene....yeah.

Love x

Erenan

Here's my entry...

Torture-Escape

Darkness. Pure virgin darkness fills the Mind. Then, a small faint spark appears somewhere in the distance. It grows. Painfully it grows until it fills the universe. Madness, tormenting the Mind with sounds of creaking and clinking chains, with images of demented laughing ducks, with the resounding toll of its own death's bell, with bees surrounding it until they have utterly banished all vestige of air, becoming a plenary bath of torment. The bell again. Is this doom?

The Mind finds within itself that last morsel of its will before the insanity can consume it. It breaks through into hopefulness. This need not be the end! Determination and resolve well up, steeling the foundation of the Mind's frame, returning it to its former stalwart condition. At last, it breaks through...

...and the Man opens his eyes, bringing them to rest upon the image of the devious computer system to which he is attached. It was the computer that had been turning his own mind against him. It is so fragile and plain, now that his coma has ended. The madness has left him. The only sound is that of the computer's beeping.

:) I wanted to end on a positive note this time. :)
The Bunker

BunnyMilk

Nice one Erenan, Not only is it really atmospheric, not only is it a really nice tune...but you managed to use the duck.

Also man, damn this is really cool! I wish I could make music like this!
Love x

Erenan

:)

You can. I believe in you.

Seriously, I really liked the Machinist in the last one. I know you said you didn't like it that much, but I felt that it could easily have been used in a professional production.
The Bunker

LGM

My inspiration for this is the new Saw III trailier. I envision some man trapped in darkness, and he slowly awakes to find himself tied to some leather contraption. Near the end, it is too late, and he screams in pain as it finishes him... And the room slowly goes silent again.

http://www.aedmark.com/temp/tortured.mp3

I am not a composer in any respect, but I like to mash sounds together to see what I come up with. This is what happened. It's a clash of a bunch of static sounds and a reversed version of the Mario Underwater theme slowed down and pitch-dropped to oblivion. Why I did that, I don't know. Maybe because I had no idea this contest existed and it just happened to fit what I was messing around with.

Anyway, I put the duck in there too, but it's not obvious at all because it's very soft and unobtrusive.
You. Me. Denny's.

i k a r i

I always thought the sound of a duck was funny until I heard Erenan music.

You really know how to create an atmosphere, congratulations, really.
Is the only one I heard so far, I'll post other comments later =P
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

BunnyMilk

Well that's the end. And I'm going to have to say congratulations to Erenan. Both pieces were really good and they both really captured the atmosphere so well done both of you.
Love x

Erenan

Just to be absolutely clear... Does that "congratulations" mean that I won? ???
The Bunker

BunnyMilk

Love x

Erenan

Okay.

*dance*

Sorry, I was a little unsure. Anyway, I'll start a new competition soon.
The Bunker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk