meh

Started by Dan_N, Wed 06/09/2006 16:17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ciborium

Umm... I don't remember if Win98 supports it, but did you try to run Microsoft Update from their website?  And make sure you have all the service packs installed?

I had to do that today to get one of the computers at work today to run a program properly.  It had Win2k.

Like was said before, it may be a .dll problem, and it may be corrected in a service pack or an update.

Dan_N

Thank you ciborium, but I'd rather not, 'cause I don't think that anything can be squeezed out of Microsoft without paying anything, so sorry, but thanks.

Alrighty then, that's all folks!

Yep, ladies and gents, I'm killin' the thread. It's done, kaput, lying unconscios waiting for one last slash. I'm givin' up. Thank you all for the input, but let's face it, there's only one thing that can truely be done to solve this situation: get a newer and better computer, for heaven's sake. So, that's all she wrote. But thank you anyway, and remember: input is good.

Kudos!

Ionias

Sorry just now seen this thread. I have the orginal file I can upload you. I need somewhere to host it to.

Dan_N

Oh, my god!

Maybe there is still hope. I'll google for some free filehosting...
Oh, and could you please zip it for dos?

PS: I clicked on your fatman link in your signature just out of curiosity... and noticed that it took me to the original ISO. Now I hope you're not offering me the iso, are you?

Ionias

No. I have the orginial .dll file. I have no idea what you mean when you ask to .zip it for DOS. The only thing I have is WinZip. The file is only 145k so it shouldn't be a big deal. Just need  a spot to upload it to, maybe your email inbox?

Dan_N

What exactly do you mean, by "upload to my emails box"? The only email I have is Yahoo.com's free email for when you register of the Messenger. Is that any good?

m0ds

Dan, PM him your working email address and it will save us all pages and pages of replies.

Ionias

We can always try it. Privte msg me here with your email address so I can email you. When you get the email look for the File as an attachment. You'll download the file from there.

lemmy101

Have you tried getting a dog to chase him? These people sometimes just need to proper motivation...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I struggled against it but couldn't resist :D hope you get it sorted...

EDIT: Whoops, just reread your post on page one. Sorry :-S I'd delete if AGS would let me...

Dan_N

HUZZAH!!!

Finally, with the help of Ionias' original dll, it managed to start. So there all you people who told me to get a new computer, it worked without getting a new computer  :P!

Now, finally, this thread can die... hopefully, if a moderator sees it...

Thanks to all those who helped!

PS: lemmy, don't worry, at least you didn't say that this thread is stupid and you didn't tell me to get a new PC, so no foul... ;) in fact, I found your post quite funny...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk