"Arranger" Keyboards

Started by PsychicHeart, Sun 17/09/2006 03:23:05

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychicHeart

Howdy.
So I've been thinking about getting a new keyboard(er, of the musical variety) and have stumbled across a neat little one that isn't too expensive.
However, i notice it is referred to as an "arranger" keyboard.
Anyone know what this means?
Cheers,
Fluke.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Gregjazz

It means you can create record on it. You can make backing tracks on it, or it has pre-made backing tracks.

"Neat little one that isn't too expensive" -- as a side note, no offense, but that sounds like a Casio or low-end Yamaha. That's fine if you like the way it sounds and it works for you, but for a decent arranger/workstation keyboard, expect to pay no less than around $1,000 USD.

The only reason I can think of for getting an arranger/workstation keyboard is that it's portable. Otherwise, a PC would win hands down in terms of sequencing power and samples.

Las Naranjas

The Casio sound is like pixel art.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

LimpingFish

You'd be better off buying something like this, and using a VST host program like Cubase (which I got bundled free when I bought the above item).

Since you'd be running the keyboard through your PC anyway, you wouldn't really need a hard synth.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Gregjazz

Good advice LimpingFish. There are free VST hosts out there, too, like this one:

http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

PsychicHeart

Quote from: Geoffkhan on Sun 17/09/2006 04:53:33
It means you can create record on it. You can make backing tracks on it, or it has pre-made backing tracks.
But I can still play it like a normal keyboard can't I?Ã,  ???

modgeulator

Quote from: Flukezy on Mon 18/09/2006 06:36:04
But I can still play it like a normal keyboard can't I?  ???

The Photon controller produces no sounds, you will need to have it hooked up to a computer or another MIDI device when you want to play.

PsychicHeart

Oh okay. Well, thanks everyone, big help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk