Monkey Island 2 like you've never seen it before

Started by cosmicr, Tue 22/09/2009 02:27:29

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmicr

Stee

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Buckethead

Looks very nice. But CryEngine is way too heavy for this if you ask me. Still Monkey Island next gen would be cool.

Andail

It's a cool project to build the MI world in 3D, but as stills, I'd prefer the 2d backgrounds any day

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The voodoo lady's hut looked incredibly atmospheric but the dock and boat area looked lifeless compared to the original 2d image.  I loved the drowned Guybrush sprite at the end :D.  I really wouldn't mind the person that did this making a full on remake that included some actual swashbuckling combat (non-bloody) with the pirates on Melee, where you can stop whenever your meter is full and pick an insult to throw them off guard or give you some kind of advantage (like a power attack?).  Now that would be taking insult swordfighting up a notch!

Stupot

Woo, pretty!  I'm loving Paper Guybrush.  He so funny. :)

Eggie

This makes me really excited about where adventure games could go. What if you controlled a character in third person then switched to first person to click on stuff? It would be so beautifully versatile, like an old text adventure only with the text replaced with BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK.

You could crouch and LOOK UNDER BEDS!!
For some reason I am really caught up on beds when it comes to this technology.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk