Suggestion: idleview_event

Started by , Thu 28/09/2006 16:51:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Would it be hard to implement something like a process that's run when "idle view" takes place?

In my mind it would be an own "event" that takes place instead of playing the "idle view". So instead of having the ability to specify one idle animation users could run a bit of code each time this takes place. The most obvious use would, of course, be to implement different idle views, running them at random, but there could be other stuff too- maybe linking random animations to progress in the story, or allowing idle animations only if there's a specific item in the player's inventory (it was a puzzle on that lines that made me post this  ;) )

And yes, I know one could easily achieve the above by writing code in repeatedly_execute, but I think an own event would be useful- especially for newcomers who havn't yet mastered scripting.

SSH

Pretty much anything that "can be done in scripting" would probably be better as a module than as an add-in to AGS itself.

Ghost

SSH: That may be true, but I thought that the idle views are so much part of any adventure game that this would justify the suggestion.

But since it's SSH posting, do you have something up your sleeve  ;D

SSH

As I suggested a long time ago..

Quote from: SSH on Tue 20/09/2005 10:44:42
[li]A module for setting up intermittent incidental animations[/li]

but maybe I'll think about the best way to go about it.... which can now be found in this thread for the Idle module :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk