MODULE: Idle v1.02 - Multiple Idle animations for any character

Started by SSH, Mon 02/10/2006 17:13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Requires AGS 2.71 or above (not actually checked with 2.71 yet)

In response to Ghost's idea in this thread I have made a module that makes it easy to have multiple Idle animations for any character. I've not extensively tested it, so bug reports here, please, but it seemed to work OK!

v1.01: Removed that darned silly debug code
v1.02: Fixed some problems and put in better error reporting

Full documentation at http://ssh.me.uk/parsemodzip.php?modfile=Idle.zip

Download Idle module here

Ghost

I hereby kneel down and lower my head. That mean really IS faster than a speedin haggis!

I'll defenitely try this one. Reporting later.

EDIT:

It works very well, and is a treat to set up. I just had to remove
the "goDebug" lines from the script, but I think that's safe; they just write to a label if something goes wrong?
Tested it with cutscenes too, encountered no trouble.

In my opinion this is a must-have. Thanks for writing this!

SSH

Ooops, sory abou tthe debug stuff, I'll take it out the download soon.

Barbarian

Seems like it could be quite useful in some cases. I'll soon give it a looksee.
Is the newest version (with the "debug" lines removed) up yet?
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

SSH

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I NOW[/i] have  :-[

Akril15

I'm really sorry about dredging up this old thread, but I've encountered some minor problems with this module that I felt needed to be asked here.

I got this module to work in AGS 3.1 be replacing all appearances of "AGS_MAX_CHARACTERS" with a number, but when I was experimenting with the module, I noticed that when one of the main character's idle animations was playing and I clicked the Walk icon anywhere, the character would remain stuck in the idle animation's view, gliding rather than walking to her destination. I was able to fix this problem by inserting this bit of code under function on_mouse_click(int button)...

Code: ags
if ((player.View==IDLE1_SM) || (player.View==IDLE2_SM) || (player.View==BLINK1_SM) || (player.View==BLINK2_SM)) {
    player.ChangeView(36); //change to default view on mouse click if idle animation is playing
  }

This does fix the "stuck in an idle view" problem, but if I try to make the character walk anywhere now, she won't walk the first time I click the Walk icon anywhere -- she appears in the first frame of her walk cycle for a split second, then just stands there. She will walk if I click a second time without letting her idle animations to start playing again, but it's still an irritating little problem.

Also, if the character's idle animation is playing and I do something that makes them turning to face a different location (e.g., turning to look at an object and commenting on it), once that action is over, she will turn back to the direction she was originally in while her idle animation was playing.

Is there anything I can do to get around these problems? I've really grown fond of this module, and the prospect of resorting to the old way of implementing multiple idle animations isn't very appealing.

Again, I apologize for this thread necromancy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk