Mittens 2007: Ontario, Canada (Update: Mar 21, 2007)

Started by Quintaros, Tue 10/10/2006 18:54:51

Previous topic - Next topic

jetxl

So, phone numbers. PM them to me and I'll PM them to everybody Thursday.

Matt Goble

I'm still trying to get 'in the zone' for Mittens, but work is manic at present.

Sorry to hear Dave is not going to be able to make it - could someone just kidnap him anyway?

So, in terms of costs:

$130 CAN for the Lodge
$125 CAN for the Van

And then about $50 CAN / day roughly for food, drink, entertainment??

Anything else I need to know?

AGA

That's pretty much exactly what I've converted, Matt - $600.

Pumaman

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 15/07/2007 11:30:37
In terms of pickup, since Radiant isn't arriving until 8pm, I guess the easiest thing is for the rest of us at the airport to wait around / do some of our own sightseeing, and then for you to pick us up at about 9pm?

BaRoN, could you clarify this please so that we know when to be in the airport. What sort of time are you planning to pick us up?

jetxl

Keep sending me mobile numbers. I've only got 4 phone numbers so far.

Baron

I'm thinking -just throwing this out there -that you might be squandering an opportunity to see a bit of Toronto by sitting around the airport all evening.  So my proposal is this: I swing by Terminal 3 at approx. 5pm on Friday July 20th, pick up anyone who wants to see the town, and then head in to Yorkdale to meet up with the local Torontonians and the early arrivals.  It's no extra hassle, since the airport is on my way into town anyway.  We'd then conceivably have an hour or two to maybe do some quick sight-seeing or eat dinner, and then head back to the airport (on the way to Bayfield anyway) to pick up Radiant and anyone else who might still be lingering there.  So there will be two airport stops:  one at 5pm ish and one at 8pm ish.

Oh, and so far the only terminal I've seen people arriving at is terminal 3.  I think Quintaros & Radiant will be at different terminals since they are coming from Canada & the States: let me know guys!  I think there's a shuttle between terminals, but it's just extra hassle and (I seem to remember) expense.

Quintaros

Quote from: BaRoN on Thu 19/07/2007 00:42:38
Oh, and so far the only terminal I've seen people arriving at is terminal 3.  I think Quintaros & Radiant will be at different terminals since they are coming from Canada & the States: let me know guys! 

I'll be arriving at Terminal 3 as well.

The Ivy

All right, so the AGS bus is coming to Yorkdale at around 5:30pm?

Matt Goble

Quote from: AGA on Tue 17/07/2007 23:36:49
That's pretty much exactly what I've converted, Matt - $600.

Thanks AGA, got the money sorted.  Just need to do the washing and start packing!!

Baron

Let's be honest about the traffic situation on a summer Friday afternoon:  Let's say 6:30 for sure at Yorkdale.

So:   5pm -  arrivals deck at Terminal 3 (i.e. the front doors)
        6:30pm - Yorkdale Mall -let's meet just outside the Rainforest Cafe.
        8:30pm - arrivals deck at..... a terminal to find Radiant.
        12:00 (roughly) arrive in Bayfield.

I'll be driving a white rental van with "BRISTOL" painted on the side (I think in orange) and I will try to affix a blue cup with AGS on it somewhere to the passenger side.

MrColossal

And Mittens '07 is off to a great start with 2 cancelled planes in a row! Maybe Godzilla will strike our car on the road tomorrow! STAY TUNED?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Scummbuddy

I'm totally psyched for this trip. Can't wait to see you all there. I need this vacation and I hope we all have a blast!
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scummbuddy

Wish you all we're here. Our cabin has a now fully stocked fridge (for 21 and over) and has plenty of mysteries to solve, like what is so cool behind that locked door? And why does CJ keep getting strange bruises when AGA is around?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

edmundito

The legal drinking age in Canada is 19, BY THE WAY ;)

(woo spring break! pulls up shirt)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

m0ds

Scummbuddy

Is there a jacuzzi? There were already people in it when we arrived. (because Eric, Jess, Pesty, and Grundislav got here first.)
-Hoagie from DOTT

jetxl

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Domino

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk