Mittens 2007: Ontario, Canada (Update: Mar 21, 2007)

Started by Quintaros, Tue 10/10/2006 18:54:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvr

Haha, I'm a veritable idiot. Why would it be $2000/person. Oh man. Yeah, I'm all of 1.5 hours out from Niagra Falls... As soon as we confirm approximate $ and days that would be jolly. Just so I know if I can go. Even if I haven't been around for that long.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Scummbuddy

"Splitting" the 2000 cost over 12+ people.... 150 - 200 dollars each person to visit for the whole week.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Quintaros

I've compiled a spreadsheet of 150+ rental cottages in Ontario.Ã,  Take a look and we can discuss what best suits our needs.

http://www.4shared.com/file/4508629/5b904fc/potential_mittens_cottages.html

m0ds

QuoteI plan on attending, and also to be there when the first day is, not this "I'll show up five days late" thing again.

Hahaha! Awesome - you better be! :)

Matt Goble

The Ivy

I am so in on this.  Yay, this is already sounding exciting! 

P.S. I live in Ontario, so feel free to consult me about things to do in the area (there are many). 

Dave Gilbert

Well if Matt's going, I'm going. 

Unilin

Yeah, as an Ontario native I would be remiss if I didn't at least try to make it this time.  Barring being shipped out to Alberta and forced to work for the entire summer, I should be there.  And even then, if it's held in later August I could probably get away in time even if I were.
"He is the deadliest man alive and I want him dead."  -- The Boss, Ett Buttert Utter

Nothing in the universe is certain, probably.

Erenan

I really want to go, but I suspect I won't be able to because I'll have to spend my vacation time on a honeymoon or something like that. Work, work, work... :P ;D
The Bunker

Matt Goble

thewalrus

Umm, I have a stupid question..... I'm not a noob..... But..... Why is it called Mittens???
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Gilbert

Quote from: thewalrus on Fri 13/10/2006 06:15:50
I'm not a noob.....

If you're asking this then you are. :=

Anyway, you can always do some quick research.

thewalrus

Actually, I did know that.... Just forgot.... I read it here somewhere before....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Renegade Implementor

I plan on attending as well.  Living in Ontario certainly simplifies travel plans.  :)

Disco

Right. I checked further into those properties I suggested. Forget I said anything ;) they won't work.

After looking through a good deal of the spreasheet, I'm starting to gather that we have merely a handful of option. Quintaros' pick seems to be the best-suited for us, in both capacity and location. The property may not win any beauty pageants, but the inside looks quite good and there are plenty of facilities. I think it is worthy of Mittens.

Otherwise I have looked at two other promising cottages. Kennisis Lake and Moose Lake. Both are severely gorgeous and a bit cheaper than Montrose, but I have no idea where they are in Ontario :/. They both are on large[r] bodies of water have either a canoe or paddle boat with which scotch and I to get up to all sorts of shenanigans. I am a bit worried that the owners won't be happy with going over the 16 person, but who knows, a few more people can sleep on the floor by the looks of it. While one would expect that a North American Mittens this time around may get to 30 people, I personally doubt it and expect it to top out at around the lower 20s again. You never know though.

Baron

Quote from: Disco on Fri 13/10/2006 17:32:04
Otherwise I have looked at two other promising cottages. Kennisis Lake and Moose Lake. Both are severely gorgeous and a bit cheaper than Montrose, but I have no idea where they are in Ontario :/.

Both of these cottages appear to be in Haliburton County, roughly two-three hours NNE of Toronto, depending on which end of the county these cottages are located.  Haliburton is on the picturesque Canadian Sheild, reputed to be the oldest exposed bedrock in the world.  Being rock it is mostly forested, with many lakes.  It is primarily a tourist area, but as it is more off the beaten path than the more famous Muskoka and Kawartha areas it isn't "overrun" by tourists like those areas.  Both of the facilities identified by Disco are more typical Ontario cottages, so if you are in favour of experiencing our indigenous (anglo-canadian) culture I would recommend one of these options.  For more information on the Haliburton area you can visit their website or do your own search.

edmundito

I'm in. Niagara falls is like 5 hours away from here. Unless I'm not in town or something... depends on the date. The closest to the end of august, the better.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Creed Malay

Yeah, I'm definite in for this. To the Land of Mounties we go!
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

m0ds

It'd be hard not to enjoy a place called Moose Lake! AND you get a rowing boat! Hehehe..

Sorry, I'm cluttering this thread up with crap! I won't now :p But I know what I WILL do!

magintz

I can safely say that I shall be attending... although I may need a few months to think clearly about it all. Anytime would be good for me, September preferably to lower costs.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk