MODULE: Credits v1.19

Started by SSH, Thu 22/09/2005 16:22:54

Previous topic - Next topic

paolo

Hm, I'm not sure whether this should go here or in the modules forum, or whether I should just contact SSH directly, but anyhow...

So, I'm using SSH's credits module, and two things aren't working as I want them to.

1. The first thing in the credits is an image, and I'd like this to stay fixed in position for a second or two before scrolling up to show the rest of the credits. Is it possible to do this within the credits module, or do I need to script this separately (which shouldn't be too hard to do). If I have to do it myself, then how do I get the credits to pause for a certain time before starting?

2. When my credits come up, all of the text appears in boxes of solid colour. It looks like these boxes are the GUI I am using for the text displayed when I use the "Think" command, but if I set the game not to use this GUI for Think before displaying the credits, the boxes still appear.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

SSH

Module problems are usually best in the module thread, I think, then anyone else with the same problem can find it easily. But anyway:

1. I think is probably easier done separately.

2. Can you upload an example game, or ideally your who game dir (you can send it to me in PM if you prefer)

paolo

I found out what the problem was in the end - the credits use the speech GUI (GUI number 3) and I had modified this. I changed it to use an invisible sprite, and now everything works fine.

DCS78

Using Credits Module v1.19 with AGS 3.2 Beta 2 and had to make a few changes to "credits.asc" to get it to work:

changed
this.fontimage[ln]

to
eFontNormal

Not sure if this is proper or if I changes the intent of the code but it compiles without error.

The problem I am having is that each title/credit has a white bar under the text.

Any idea how to make it transparent?

Joe

Broken link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded it from your website
Copinstar © Oficial Site

pcj

With CreditStyle eCreditStatic and eCreditCentered, the credit text doesn't appear to be centered properly in the x-axis.  The game's resolution is 800x600. Is this related to the use of GetTextWidth, which apparently returns the width in 320-resolution pixels, or some other problem?  Is there a fix?  Thanks.
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

MyEakinBack

Hi all, I guess I'm bringing up an old topic, but that's what us newbies do. I was looking for a way to easily add credits at the end of a game. This module seemed like the answer, but the link is broken. Maybe somebody has this laying around. :-D
completed: Beyond Eternity

abstauber

Julius Dangerous

Akril15

Sorry for digging up this topic, but is there a way of displaying credits in more than one column? I tried something like this:
Code: ags
Credits[0].AddCredit("line 1",30);
Credits[0].AddCredit("line 2",300);

This makes the two lines appear at the same time, but "line 2" one line lower than "line 1", not on the same level like I want it to.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... I was going to use this module for my MAGS game, but all the links to it seem to be broken. :~(

Anyone has a new & working link to it?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cassiebsg

Thank you! (nod)

EDIT: Crap! How do I remove the background from the text?!
I'm using Sierra With Background style and have a background text gui, and it's using that one. :(
I just want a transparent BG and the text scrolling, with the color I wish (it's also using the color of the Speech text gui).

I can't find anything setting in the module that is referring to speech or gui (even just searching for the gui number doesn't help) that is relevant. :/

EDIT 2:
Okay! For others that may have the same problem:
I created a new Text Window GUI, made the BG color 0 and all the 8 borders to a dummy invisible sprite.
Then added the following line just before running the credits:
Code: ags

game.speech_text_gui=x; // replace the x with your new dummy GUI. 

Problem solved. :-D Remember to change it back to your normal GUI after the credits are over.

PS - The PlaySound gives an error (using 3.4.07) I just commented the 4 lines out.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 27/05/2016 20:27:05
PS - The PlaySound gives an error (using 3.4.07) I just commented the 4 lines out.
What error?

Cassiebsg

Okay, had to create a new project and import the module, to be sure... (roll)

Undefined token 'PlaySound'

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 27/05/2016 22:30:11
Okay, had to create a new project and import the module, to be sure... (roll)

Undefined token 'PlaySound'

This is because PlaySound is a deprecated function. To enable it you need to turn "Enforce new Audio scripting" off in the Backwards-compatibility settings of your project.

Cassiebsg

Okay, thanks for the info CW, will be handy if I decide to use it.

Cassiebsg

Okay, me again with a new old problem...

I need to add the credits more than once! 8-0 Is there a way to clear the array(?), so I can then add them again?

Reason for this, is that I decided to add an option to let the player change translations in game, not just via winsetup, and since the Credits are being loaded at Game_Startup, this is not working desirable. :-\ So ideally, I would like to reset/clear them and then add them again in the the proper language, so that they display correctly.

Is this possible?

EDIT: I solved my "problem" without needing to clear the credits, but there's still a problem when using a translation. Which might have been solved with a clear command. (wtf)

Anyway, right now the problem only happens when I load the game with a translation selected and I then wish to return to the default (english) language. If I change it from the games settings GUI (not winsetup), the credits are still displayed in the original translated language. ???
This problem does not happen when I  start the game with the default language selected, I then have no problem changing the text in game from one language to the other and back and the credits will be displayed in the current "selected language".

Any idea why it might be messing up when I start the game in another language? ???

Nishuthan

I cant download the plugin Help

Cassiebsg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk