Loom Sequel: Forge

Started by Da_Duke2000, Wed 18/10/2006 18:31:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Duke2000

Well, a lot of people have requested one, so i thought I'd take my hand at it. Now there are a LOT of tricks and tips I'll need to learn about AGS (hint to anyone who'd like to help) but for now, I have a few screen shots to show, as well as a quick demo with a few interactions and animations I'm quite satisfied with. So, please let me know either in a reply, or on MSN at Da_Duke2000@hotmail.com.

Story board is coming together very nicely and I have some great idea's which I think will do the Loom series justice.

Quill O' The Wisp - Forge Homepage
http://forge.freeiz.com/

Darth Mandarb

A lot of people need to read the Forum Rules ... ;)

Thanks for the update!

Please put a plot/game description (in the first post - hit modify) so we know what the story is about (you don't have to give away secrets, but give us something).  Check this Example Thread for an idea on what to include.

Good luck with the production.

Loom is a staple of the adventure game world ... do it justice :)

Da_Duke2000

Oh thats the plan. I work till the evening tonight, but I'm going to be working on a simple website for the game as well. To stay updated with at least weekly progress and updates. I'd also like to welcome anyone who may have any suggestions, things theyve always wanted to see done in a Loom style game to e-mail me or post.

Before I get too indepth into the story (and write myself into a corner) I'm working on a Loom Compendium, hopefully going to create some maps, including cities and Guild locations, just to make things go a lot smoother. The Loom universe is quite enriched (anyone who has read the full Book of Patterns would agree) and I'd like to be 'historially' acurate.

Thanks for the good luck.

thewalrus

Well the screen shots look really nice. Although I don't think I ever played loom. I hope that, that won't leave me clueless about the plot..... Good luck!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

iSTVAN

Yeah, the screen shots look pretty amazing. The palette choices look very prehistoric.

Da_Duke2000

Well those screen shots are for the Valley of the Forge, the surrounding area's of the Forge (which was transformed from a castle into a floating castle of darkness of Chaos).

Now, known Guilds, are as follows.

IN LOOM:
Guild of Glassmakers - Crystalgard - Led by Master Goodmold the Thirsty-first
Guild of Weavers - The Island of Loom - Led by the Three Great Elders - Athropos, Clothos, and Lachesis
Guild of Clerics - The Clerics Cathedral - Led by Bishop Mandible
Guild of Blacksmiths - The Forge - Led by Unknown, but maintained by the father of Rusty Nailbender, Foreman of Forge
Guild of Shepherds - Led by Fleece Firmflanks, First Chosen

Confirmed in the Loom continuity:
Guild of Florists
Guild of Undertakers
Guild of Seismologists
Guild of Career Politicians
Guild of Assassins
Guild of Embalmers
Guild of Miners
Guild of Dancers
Guild of Psychotherapists
Guild of Nannies
Guild of Organists
Guild of Conductors
Guild of Firefighters
Guild of Anesthesiologists
Guild of Umbrella Openers

EDITED:
Compiled this list at about 2am, apoligiest for its incompleteness
Just curious (almost a poll) if there are any Guild people would die to see brought  to life. (EDITED)
Barebones Site:
http://www.geocities.com/loom2theforge/index.html

Anym

I have to admit that I'm not too fond of fan-made sequels or games with ripped graphics, so I'm a bit sceptical, but I'm also very fond of Loom, so I wish you luck and hope you don't screw it up.

As for your list of Guilds, it is missing the Guild of Umbrella Openers and the Guild of Anesthesiologists and (agruably) the Order of Statisticians. Also, I can't recall any mention of a Guild of Chemists, so I'm not to sure whether they should be on the list at all and the Guild of Assasins should be the Guild of Assassins. ;)
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Da_Duke2000

Well a few familiar places and scenes to be true to the original game must be ripped. Beyond that, many, many new scenes will have to be brand new.  And you're correct, somehow I saw a Capital C on chemists, but that was an error.

As for the Order of Statisticians, I'm thinking of making an agency, the financeers of the Guilds, cause each Guild does have a Treasurer. Makes sense all Treasurers have to converse in one way or another.

RAY-O STUDIOS

WOW!
i've played LOOM and wondering about the story....(Bobbin goes to swan , chaos says "this is not the end blah... blah... " cygna says about weaving new threads...)
HOPE THIS WILL RELEASED SOON!!!!!!!!!!

MrColossal

This is about a year old, don't dig up old threads.

Eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk