Dragonslash, the adventure-mystery cross breed game with paint images!

Started by neelhound, Mon 23/10/2006 20:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

petaglair

To Manicmatt:

Oh god! my english broken!

how could i go on now?

thanx to point this out, i should now fix it before posting again....Otherwise i will get scolded.

I got kinda busted on the forum some years ago for being a faker, some said that my english was too perfect for a french person, and consequently i would have lied about everything i had been saying.

Now, you know i'm french for real. And this is not today when it will change!

But about the whatever thing. Even with my broken english, i got the feeling Neelhound's "whatever" is not misused and not to be upset about.

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

ManicMatt

Don't take offence when i said that, your english is good, but it was just that the words weren't in a natural order, which confused Skyfire. (I don't know how though)

I used to be able to order drinks and meals in french, from learning it at school, but I've been to France about twice since then and have lost the words.. I think some of it is still in my head somewhere.. whenever I hear french things ring a bell but they're distant.

Babar

umm....what an odd branch of off-topic discussion.

I was under the impression that skyfire was just continuing petaglair's "joke"
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

ManicMatt

Yeah, but I post this message and Neelhound's game has had more posts than Mordelles' latest! (But for all the wrong reasons)

skyfire2

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Fri 27/10/2006 13:34:55
Well, AGS *is* famous for its ease of use.
Something tells me AGS is a little too easy to use. CJ should probably make it a little harder to use so 11 year olds will think twice before pimping "paint images."

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

And thus discouraging all those people that need to muck around before they go on to making great games? People need to learn the ropes, skyfire.

I haven't said anything about this game so far because it's so obviously a first game. I don't think much of neelhound's behaviour on this thread, especially the first page, but as a game maker I can't judge him by his very first game. Everyone has made crappy first games. Some people get excited and post them and get criticism that helps them move on to greatness. Some just squirrel it away and learn for themselves. Either way is good.

I have no qualm at all with "11 year old pimping paint images", as you put it, regardless of whether that is the case here or not. Let's face this, this whole board and this whole site is like a big artist's studio. People come in, people try things out, people finish their works. Some are great, some are crappy, some people give up soon and some keep on going until they achieve greatness, some come with greatness and leave with nothing... it's just the way it is. And first games, like first paintings and first novels and first sculptures and whatever, are bound not to be as good. But HEAVEN FORBID the artist be daunted by the tools. Heaven forbid.

Anyway, neelhound said he's made the player character walk faster. See? He's already learned something important. That's the whole point of first games.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

petaglair

to manicmatt:

no offense taken. It was just funny to read "broken english" as if my english got actually broken by accident at this particular moment. Small things can make ma laugh as a non-english-speaking person.

Anyway i fixed my english with glue and now it should be ok for some days hopefully.

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

sura

Owl Stretcher

Wanted to download, but there's nothing at the site. Looks like its gone.

lo_res_man

Its like ed the feel good rabbit all over again :P
Anyone else remember that "gane"?
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

vict0r

voh

I don't have to enjoy a game to know it's important that somebody spent the time on it and probably learnt from it. Skyfire's comment is typical, since he'll say anything to see another flame war come to fruition, but it inherently wrong.

Congrats on your first game, neelhound! May you make more and may they improve with each and every single one of them :)
Still here.

Nikolas

Last time I hear,d skyfire was "banned" (although I know that CJ is against banning and all that... dunno what's true...). Either way skyfire hasn't shown up for days! Let's try to forget about this "kid"...

I'm pretty sure that I posted inthis thread about the game... :)

lo_res_man

Well I congratulate him on making a game, and hope his work improves. :D
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk