PLUGIN: Razorblade 3D - full-blown, modern 3D within AGS!!

Started by DoorKnobHandle, Sun 08/08/2010 16:55:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ig299

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 26/02/2012 23:52:21
You'd have to roll your own. Please realise that dkh has provided a super-awesome 3D graphics engine with a tech demo showing off models, lights and shaders, not a full blown FPS engine.

As described earlier in this thread, the plugin replaces rooms and characters, but all the other AGS functionality exists: you can easily put together a health bar using a GUI (as you would expect).

I knocked up something pretty quick just by reading the manual and a couple of searches in the forums. It may not be the best way - I haven't really done anything with AGS before - but I:

• Made graphics to represent the different levels of health: full, 75%, 50%, and 25%
  • Made a GUI for the health bar and assigned my full health image as its' backgroundGraphic
  • Created a Global Variable to store the player's health (playerHeath)
  • In the game_start() function I set the initial value of the player's health (100)
  • In the repeatedly_execute() function I had an IF statement set the backgroundGraphic of my health bar GUI based on the current value of playerHealth. I ended that statement with an ELSE setting the graphic to zero, making the graphic invisible (no health)
  • So long as playerHealth was above zero, I subtracted from it whenever a condition was met, otherwise I set playerHealth to zero. I chose to subtract health whenever I left-clicked on anything but the lightbulb, but obviously you could use any condition

To keep this thread clean, if you have questions unrelated to the plugin itself, i'd recommend you search the forums and start a new topic if necessary. Good luck!

thanks

Monsieur OUXX

Hi dhk.

I want to mention that the last plugin update is the one that was compiled in Debug, hence causing the errors described by Kweepa on page one of this thread (d3d9d dlls missing).

It would be really appreciated if you could recompile in Release, and if you could re-upload.
Also, please update the very first post of the thread, so that the download link is easily found :-)

Dualnames

I've temporarily edited the first post to include a working download link. Ideally, if dkh is up for it, straydogstrut's post should be included either in its entirety or referenced to with a link.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DoorKnobHandle

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 14/05/2012 10:08:39
I've temporarily edited the first post to include a working download link.

Dualnames, you didn't read my post properly, and dkh, you didn't double-check ;-)

It's still the Debug version, and we need the Release version.

If I may be so bold, I'd recommend removing ALL posts referring to the debug version from this conversation thread. It's a real mess.
Also dkh you should put a big download link in the first post. the "video" link is hiding the small download link below.

EDIT: My mistake, it's now the release DLL, but I'm still missing it.

Tip: If you get the "missing d3dx9_41.dll is missing" error, you can either download the whole DirectX 9.0c package from Microsofot's website, or, if it's already installed (but old and missingrecent  files), then you can use this useful site: http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

Monsieur OUXX

So if I'm not mistaken the exporter has yet to be released.
Can you at least upload the exporter from Max, even if you think it's not perfect?

Is it a script that HAS to be run from Max, or is it standalone? I hope it's standalone,as I don't have Max but plan to export my mesh as a Max file from Blender.

Also, do you think it's possible to render a simple textured rectangle with the primitives you provided, or would it necessarily have to be a loaded mesh?

DoorKnobHandle

The exporter was never released iirc. It's a 3DS MAX plug-in (these are not standalone, you need 3DS MAX). I was having problems implementing skeletal (bone-based) animation, that's what was holding that up. Unfortunately I won't have time to sort this out in the near future at all, I'm just too busy... Wasn't a very good idea to go with a custom model file format anyways, should've stuck with .x files (which are easy to load and support skeletal animation anyways). Something for Razorblade 2...

Sorry!

Razorblade 3D doesn't support primitive rendering, it only works with models. You could just make a quad/plane mesh and bring it into the game, of course, but the exporter isn't released yet...

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: dkh on Tue 22/05/2012 19:00:54
Razorblade 3D doesn't support primitive rendering, it only works with models, but the exporter isn't released...

Don't you have an unfinished version of the exporter?
As it is atm, this plugin is of absolutely no use, since it uses models but the game designer cannot import any models :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk