BarOne game series

Started by , Fri 27/10/2006 13:10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

llien

Hi everyone.

We're an animation company in South Africa(www.bugbox.co.za) and we're making freely downloadable games using the uber amazing AGS ! It's a 5 part game and we have completed part 1, available at www.live25.co.za. The next one will be available for download after the 1st of nov. Play it and PLEASE let us know what you think...

Thanks for all the cheese.  ;D

Hi

Sorry for not posting any screenshots, will do as soon as i get a chance(hopefully 2morrow). just finished the second one today, moving on to the third one next week...

about posting a direct link to the game: we can't  :( sorry. it's part of a market research strategy of  the company we're doing it for... they want to know the average age of persons who'd still play adventure games(notice the lovely product placement...). just thought i'd let the ags comunity know. if you don't feel like filling in the ENDless questions, bugger it.

please keep in mind that i am still learning the software, and there are countless mistakes and situations i didn't think of that you could find yourself in that might break the game. i tried to catch all of them. the games themselves are quite short, the puzzles quite simple, but in places (i think) quite funny. 

wanted to thank all the active members on the forums for all the questions and answers, they helped alot! i also used some scripts and plugins written by guys on this forum, and credited them at the end of the games in the credits (who'dve thought...  :D )  THANK YOU!!! they worked lovely. oh, i think AGS is quite a solid piece of software!

later.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

What's up with all the information required? There's no way I'm gonna fill it out for a freeware game I know nothing about, of which I have no screenies, or anything. Give us a direct link.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nikolas

actually, Rui, you can register as Mr. No, with an e-mail called "no" as well, who lives in gautenberg (or however it is called.)

I'll give the game a try adn see how it goes. BUT, do what Rui suggests i nthe meantime. IT may get you more hits than you would expect ;)

EDIT: Nice little game indeed. Lovely graphics, nice animation and dialogues (even if it is by himself actually).

Do go on adn download it... It's worth it. But of corse I won't be doing the creators job. The first poster needs to put a couple of screennies and "sell us" the game ;)

CosmoQueen

Ok I'll gove it a try Nikolas thanks for being to brave to try it first lol.

But I still wanna see some screenies. Sheesh why don't people follow the rules before posting a game!!! ::)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Gilbert

It's recommended but not required to post screenshots in Completed games forum, though it certainly would be nice if there're screenshots and info. here.
I think there's one or two shots in the linked site though.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

thewalrus

Game looks pretty cool..... I don't have time to play now but I will edit when I get a chance!

Edit: Started playing the game, looks really good. Nice graphics, smooth animation. I have hardly went through any puzzles though.....

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Afflict

(took out link)

this works.

However just slam an email in there and they send you info when the next one comes out. Or so they say.
I put in a name and a email and bam sownload ink, 15 seconds max.

// Edit : Ok I played its well done graphicly but the storyline makes no sense, and picking up crappy bars all over the place sucks. IMO. Congrats on a visually not to bad a game. I really like the Car and the Water!

ManicMatt

I for one shall not be playing this. I'm afraid I boycotted all Nestle products because they are complete scum. So I refuse to give them any kind of information or have anything to do with them, but please feel free to tell them one user wishes Nestle would go into liquidation.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, have a read of the wiki I found for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestl%C3%A9_boycott

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

The charming makers of the game apparently don't want anyone to know that they've released part 2.

http://www.live25.co.za/play_live_25/BarOne_02.zip

Plus, they've neglected to put their website in their readme. In an episodic series. Tsk tsk.

Kneel. Now.

sholson

Is no one playing this game?  where are the hints?   Crabby dad has  shut me down  25 times.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

You want hints? I don't see a relevant thread in the hints and tips forum...

Kneel. Now.

Afflict

Well they tried the approach of all that are interested please enter your email and download. And well update you part two is out via e-mail.

I haven't given the game a chance of passing my worthy banner ;) I should give it a shot again. Maybe well post up the hint & tips thread.

I honestly was really annoyed at picking up a zillion little candy bars.

marlamoe

The whole candy bar thing completely turned me off and I have no desire to give it another shot.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

No one seems to care much about it one way or the other, but because I'm a complete freak for getting every AGS game out there and I may not be alone in this pathology, seems #3 has come out too.

http://www.live25.co.za/play_live_25/BarOne_03.zip

And about the "update being informed by e-mail"... no go. I didn't get informed, I just got curious and visited the page. These guys really do want their game to be played. :P Here's how NOT to advertise a series.

Kneel. Now.

Afflict

ROFL strangely i did get the email...

Not for the third edition though :p

Yeah I don't know, and the guys don't even post here either. They really don't care about the series.

//Update : I got the email yesterday ROFL a whopping 4 days later...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

http://www.live25.co.za/play_live_25/BarOne04.zip

Part 4 is up. Again, I didn't get any notification.

BTW, is anyone actually playing these? It's hardly extraordinary, but it *is* a decent way to waste time.

EDIT - *11* days later I *finally* was notified. Sheesh, what a shoddy system.

Kneel. Now.

Organic Fusion

Hello Everyone

Sorry for the delay in notification on the release of level 4.
We decided to wait untill early Jan to announce the release.
Reasons for late announcement, with most users being on leave over this time of year & arriving back at work in Jan to 200 smap mails that just get deleted, we decided to wait a bit to prevent the mail being deleted with all the junk.

We are currently working on a new web system to house the downloads.

Have a great day.

Snake

I rarely write a responce to someone's game release, which is an incredibly bad habbit - maybe just laziness - but this one takes the cake. I also never write a responce if I really didn't like it, since who wants to hear a bad review? But I've got to speak up on this one.

If all you're looking for are pretty backgrounds, then go ahead and download, they really are good and are the only good thing about this game.
What I could get out of the whole purpose of the game (besides advertising the candy bar of course) was finding the bars and watching the main character eat them a hundred frickin times.

Graphics:
The first thing that turned me off was that first, you see these amazingly drawn BGs and then all of a sudden this CG car comes bouncing down the road and the main character which is also CG gets out. I can't stand CG characters on top of beautiful cartoony BGs. BLARGH! The animations were good, no doubt, but - meh!

Interactions:
There is nothing that indicates, whether it's text or a cursor change, that anything can be interacted with. So it's a big guessing game - not to mention the pixel hunting. There are seldom any descriptions when you look at something.

Puzzles?
I guess this game reminds me too much of an arcade game. I knocked over one of the cats, got game over, tried again and soon wondered what the hell I'm even playing for, knocked over another cat on purpose and quit. Just couldn't get into it, I tried, but I couldn't. I don't know, I'm sorry for being an ass ;) I just have a stinking suspicion that the creator has no prior experience with adventure games and had no idea what the hell he was making.
From what I've seen so far, and I don't plan on continuing any further, there aren't any puzzly puzzles...nothing that forces you to explore, think and give you a sence of achievement when you've finally progressed - unless you call jumping up and grabbing the front door key from the light a puzzle. It's right there in plain sight - you can turn off the light to help you see it better, but you can grab it either way.

To make matters worse, I have that fucking song stuck in my head.

You sure you wanna bounce?
Yes. Enough with the goddamn slang already, just let me fuckin quit.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

As regards puzzles, they keep on the very simplistic vein, but the later games have a bit more emphasis on them. The 3rd episode is mostly a couple of "big" puzzles, for instance.

Still, they're "light" puzzles, and not even always fun.

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk