Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMarco

Another Dutch guy here (really? ;) ), I stumbled upon the Indy game sites (FoA and FoY) and found my way through to BBC.com. Got very excited an dalready played a few rather nice games, looking forward to playing more! I've experimented a bit with AGS, it seems very nice but my drawing, animation, story writing and puzzle making skills may need upgrading before I make my own game :'( knowing how overambitious I can get when I get excited...

This place really brings me back down memory lane to the times I wasted playing MI1 and Indy 4 as a teen, and now I'll probably be wasting even more time playing your games and perhaps even trying my hand at one of my own!

Anyway I hope to stay around here, learn some and maybe even be helpful to the community.

If only I had a tablet...

Jerry

It's me Jerry again, with results from the spelling bee. I lost the written spelling bee, so did Jerry but Shandi made it (because her teacher helped her cheat I know it). Can you belive she messed up on the word stupor? My god I was ROTFLMAO! HAHA! Stupor! Anyway the guy that won last year won again. BBFN!

Scorpio_Phoenix

Hello, yes...obviously im a newbie  ;D looking forward 2 hanging out on the site!.

MashPotato

Hi!Ã,  I have a slight idea for a game, but who knows if it will ever come to anything ^_^.Ã,  I'm mostly here to improve my spriting (for fun), and maybe if I improve enough, I can eventually help with someone else's game... So if you see me floating around, you know who I am now! ^_^

Since I'm already posting, I will shamelessly plug my art website: http://crabshack.bythegoddess.com

tassieboy

Hey all.
I'm Adam from Australia.

Just started using AGS this weekend, working on a story/character driven fantasy/sci fi adventure that's been percolating in my brain for a year or two.

I have to say that I'm impressed so far. This is a powerful but simple adventure game engine and the documentation is also impressive. Well done to all involved. You must be very passionate about Adventure Games.

Bethrezen

Hello, my name is Jacob Matte. I am a 13 year old male and I take much interest in game design - the prime reason I have taken interest in this website and it's editor. My hobbies include cultural studies, game design (first thing mentioned at top of page), mythology, history, literature, video game playtesting, hiking, bike riding, jogging, and other physical activites, comedy, movies, travelling, and spending time with my family. I live in British Columbia, Canada.

Ahh yes, and I wanted to tell you all that my initials are JAM. I am planning to change my last name (Matte), as are my parents, to Regan - what makes this funny is that my name changes to JAR - JAM into the JAR, hah.

Anyway I am more than happy to help anyone with anything. I know I may only be 13 but I can be mature at the same time.

I hope to fit in just fine and have fun at the same time!

Pseudopod

Hello, everyone. I'm 18 years old, from the Midwestern United States. This is kind of a bit nostalgiac - when I was an immature 12 year old, I was involved in the RoBOT project and started some flameways, but I'm a lot more mature now - at least I think I am.

Anyway, I kind of quit adventure games after I ran out of old Sierra and Lucasarts material to play, but now I'd like to make some of my own. I have no art skills, so anything I make is likely to be pathetic (I hope to eventually befriend an artist, but I know begging for them on the 'net usually doesn't work) but I'm going to try anyway.

I'm less interested in game design than in game writing - I'm going to college next year as a double-major in English and Spanish, and I intend to focus on literature. Influences on my work include philosophy, literature, Joss Whedon, Star Wars, and the Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. I've got a big ambitious game idea with many of these influences that may or may not go anywhere.

Anyway, I am very impressed at how far the amateur adventure game community has come since last I was here.

Mad-Hatter

The name's Mad-Hatter, and I'm 16 (the minimal age... Is it suspicious I said that unprovoked?)

The name should say all you need to know about my personality, but for those of you who haven't read Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", here's a bit about me:

I live in Arkansas (okay, so the book doesn't mention that...)
I'm a newbie (or that...)
My favorite color is green (hmmm.... lots of things the book hasn't mentioned!)
My favorite flavor is red...

Okay, being slightly serious (though not entirely):

I've not made any games on AGS yet, but I'm currently working on one. my friend advises me to keep it to myself til it's finished, though.
I'm a very good writer. I entered my first writing contest February 18, and I won first place. I enjoy writing and plan to become a famous author one day. And when I do, I'm gonna be a millionaire. And when I'm a millionaire, I'm gonna have a pool of Jell-O which I will most likely drown in at the young age of 85.
I've a very good sense of humor, too! Or at least, I think it's good. I don't really care what you think. Maybe that's why my friends are all losers? Well, at least I'M cool! Or at least, I think I'm cool. (that then leads into the 'I don't really care what you think' line, which then creates a vicious cycle... Like a washing machine.)

I intend on going to a college that I've got my eyes on, and am focusing on a Phd in Literature.
Professor Hatter has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? Well, I do. (and once again we have that washing machine-like vicious cycle)

So, if there's anything else you'd like to know about me, just PM me and ask!
"I have books on philosophy, religion, and politics, therefore everything I say is precise and accurate. That being said, the fact that I've never read so much as the first page of any of these books should not only be ignored, but disregarded entirely."

Psych0F0x

Hi everybody, I'm Ravi, and i'm an adventuraholic..

I'm just here to get my fix. I need adventures everyday, or i'll go nuts.. nah I'm not that far gone yet ^_^
I'm 17(nearly 18 but I feel like a 12 yo, damn I'm underage!) and i'm another dutch person.
My interests are music, drawing , gaming, some other less important things.
I sing and play guitar in my band Namus (http://www.namusrock.com/)
I've been gaming on the pc since I was about 5, my first adventure game was monkey island 1. I was playing on this old 286 and I only played games that were in the game folder(whoopdeedoo, but that's not the point) until I had the crazy idea of looking into other locations, hmm a map called monkey? The first time I turned it on I was immediately hooked on the adventure game genre (like so many other people ^_^ )

I'm amazed how cool the community here is so I thought I should join in. I'm planning to create a game in ags and with planning I'm not just saying I want to make a game("I'm Ravi and I'm a mighty programmer/artist/musician!"), I'm still in the designing phase.

Thank you for your time, nice to meet you, goodafternoon!
Project currently in development: "The Outhouse"
Namus (my band) http://www.namusrock.com/

Slava

Hello Comrades! Greetings from Russia.
My name is Svyatoslav Fedorov, 'Slava' for short. I'm a 30 year old paramedic, who enjoys to play adventure games in my spare time. I live in Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, but I have travelled to many places and have a good grasp on life. I have my darling wife and a great son I hope he shall follow in my footsteps and aspire to be a great man.

I have been using AGS for a several weeks now and feel it is time I join the Adventure Game Studio community. :)

Greyarea

Hi my name is Greyarea and like everybody else I'm a total adventure addict! I'm twenty-something and still can't stop drooling when I replay the Lucas Arts classics, Simon the Sorcerer and BAS. I hope to contribute to this great community once I've got enough skill not to make a complete fool out of myself in terms of art and music  ;D

celestialroad

Hello, AGS Community,

My name is Ryan. I'm 14 years old and I hail from California. I've been lurking around the AGS 'scene,' playing games, tinkering with AGS itself, and things such as that for a little while now, coming and going now and then, and I've as of late been overcome with an urge to...reinsert, I suppose, myself into playing AGS-made games, and attempt to make one myself using the engine. I think of myself to be an excellent writer for my age, and that I have a great imagination, although drawing and such don't seem to be one of my strong points, especially when it comes to making games, unfortunately. I'm trying to improve, however, and I hope that being here could help me with that problem.

I'll try to contribute as much as I can to the community, and you can count on me to be mature. Don't let my age fool you.  ;D

Anyway...hello.

Dan+Andrew+Sasha

Good day to everyone. I'm Dan. I'm from Ukraine, a beautiful country in the Eastern Europe.

I hope we'll get on with each other rather soon!

duu

Hello to all! Im a 18-year-old man from Finland. I like to play AGS games and adventure games. AGS games are great, keep em comin'!

karelimur

Kare here,
from Ct, USA
Love the games and this forum!

charliechuck

Hello to all

My names Charlie, I made a demo game in AGS about 3 years ago, but gave up when my computer crashed and lost all my files. Back again now, going to try and finish a game...

cheeba

Hi there. My name's Joe, but most people just call me cheebs or cheeba, use whatever suits ya. Toyed around with AGS on occasion over the last couple of years, but never got much going beyond a rubbish first room with big purple mask-lines everywhere :P. That's set to change now though, as I'm heavily into development on my new game StarTrippers, and hope to have the first episode ready within the next few weeks (or I could be a realist and change that to within a month or two).

Hi all, look forward to seeing you all on the boards!
ST Episode One Production thread (WARNING: Adult content)

enkerro

Hey all, the nick's Enkerro and uhm.. yeah.
I've always been into adventure games and of course developing them. The only thing is that my projects always stop when it comes to animating and drawing in general. And maybe that my ideas are sometimes too grand for me to handle:P
Anyways, good to meet you all.

eternal_renegade

Howdy, I am Devon, just stick with the username though. It doesn't matter where I am from or how old I am but I am a composer and am willing to compose for people (first I need to see person's skill levels. I will compose for Decent Quality in terms of graphics and has to have a decent story)
But anyways, Hello!

Animal556

Greetings!

My name is Robert but my friends call me Bob-I am 26 years old and recently discovered AGS.  I've been studying the tutorials and practicing the basics-I must say: It is more of a challenge then I thought it would be.

I grew up playing classic games as well Kara; I used to buy like 3 or 4 Sierra adventure games per month.  I have been playing video games since the age of two and I still play them today, although not as much as I used to.

I'm really glad to see this newbie section here and I'm glad I found this site and this community.

I've wanted to work on a develppment tean for awhile now.  Email me or PM (whatever you call it) I would be happy to lend out my story writing skills, as well as do some creative brain storming-or you can just leave me a "hello" and talk tp me about video games in general

Take care of yourselves-peace!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk