Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal556

Oops-I forgot; my email address is bobc0926@hotmail.com

Must be all that Canadian bacon I keep eating lol

Maltjik

Hi all!
After a little time of lurking, I thought a presentation was in order.

The name is Stefan. I'm an unemployed, uneducated and unmotivated Swede (swarm of 83) of male brand, with nothing better to do than slack and wallow in the infamous nordic angst.
To make it easy:
I draw, I write, I write music and build scrap instruments, I sculpt, I like cheese, I am genderly confused, I make up too many plans, I drink my whisky lukewarm, I like movies ( Tarkovskijs STALKER to mention one of the favourites) and will hopefully work with them in the not-too-far-away future. I would like to be a juggler, I think magpies are adorable, I suffer from t3h mighty fear of spiders, I am an excellent cook, I enjoy drinking games- especially in the green and sun, I have no understanding whatsoever of programming, I have trouble sleeping at night, I have steady company (a girl) and I consider Tom Waits to be Lord of All Creation.

I've had ideas for years concerning new games made in old style. The last six years I've actually been searching for someone able to programme my ideas. Then I stumbled upon AGS and my creative flow got a new direction. AGS is the best (within related topics) that's happened to me since I discovered photoshop. Hail mighty CJ!

So uhm... 

Hope I'll become your all time favourite princess!
I hate signatures. Signatures are stupid.

OtakupunkX

Yo.

My name is Rex III. I'm currently working on my first game with AGS (for an art competition, too... when I can get around to scanning some concept art and stuff I'll make a thread in the announcements section). I do a lot of writing, I play guitar, and that's about it.

Mathan

Well, I haven't done a game yet, but I would like to. It's just that I'm not very good in drawing pictures and animations. I could probably give ideas and help with story etc. if someone joined with me in making games.

I've played many AGS games (and yes, I have completed most without use of walktrough).

If anyone is interested, contact me. Kiesimies@luukku.com

Mathan is not my real name, but please use it. It's like an artist name.

Also, I don't provide info about myself in here, 'cause if somebody wants to get to know me, I want to discuss with them personally. But, I enjoy writing  ;).

Tyreal85

hey
my names Chris i've just recently found AGS and i am really looking forward to using this. Am glad this newbie area is here it means i have somewhere productive to write a couple of first posts. I do a multimedia computing course at university so i have more than a basic grasp of several multimedia applications. I have recently been looking over the tutorials and generally playing with the program trying to get a feel for it then am going to start work on a first game.

Stevie

Ello ello....

Completely new to AGS and to this community... Thought I would just make a very small introduction..

My real name is Mikael, but I'm usual know online as Stephen/Stevie, or Steph for short... I have some programming experience but nothing serious.. I hope I can find some time soon to get really into AGS and begin contributing to the community..

Well, told ya it would be a small intro.

Thank you for reading. And to the developers and staff: Thank you for an awesome program and website..

- Steph

Boney

greetings!
I'm Daniel 24 yrs old and from Denmark.
I've been playing around with AGS for some time now and lurking a bit on the forum.
i'm currently working on a game with a friend of mine and will post some info on it when we have enough material.

Cheers.

scottdallas

Hello everyone. I'm guilty of what I read a lot of people doing here. I too have been playing with AGS for a long time now and never took the time to join the forum! I don't know what I was thinking. I'm also an active web designer and if it wasn't for certain forums I frequent, I wouldn't have acquired the amazing skills I've been taking for granted so long. This is what drove me to be a part of this community as well. I've made quite a few (what I thought were to be) very nice projects over the years and I'd love to have shared them thinking about it now. My 40 gig hard drive bit the dust and I lost everything I've been saving since I first got into computers when I was about 10. Not so good. I had a really cool SpongeBob game I was making a few years back and I had it almost perfect. That's mostly what I was upset about. I don't think I'll try a SpongeBob theme again though  ;D. I'd just really like to get involved in some new unique ideas. AGS is so incredibly powerful. I can't wait to get involved and see what happens.

I too grew up on the (what I call) classic Sierra and LucasArts point and click style games. I did everything I could to find every single game they both made. I even found enjoyment in making boot disks. Glad this program takes care of all those awful issues of long ago. Anyway, I did get em all.. at least I'm pretty sure I did. No biggie, I had plenty. I still have them. I feel it's a prized collection. Most I still have all the boxes and booklets for. Oh and actual floppies. That feels good. They're probably all bad by now.

Oh well.. so that's me. A computer enthusiast with creative ideas to remake my own ideas of my favorite game era.

You have no idea how glad I am that this program, forum, and all of you exist :)

Tyreal85

I definatly agree there i think we all were overcame by that feeling of joy and nostalgia when we all came accross AGS. Still some of the best games were the good old point and click adventures, am sure sure i still have all my monkey islands kicking about :) .  Just sitting with AGS and making backgrounds and such just fire off the ideas.

Thanks again for the great program.

FunnyStuff

Hello to all!

Just joined that forum and answered this 14 questions!

Later I will introduce myself.

radiowaves

Hello to all from me too!

My name is Taavi, I am currently 18 years old and I live in Estonia.

I have been interested in game making since childhood. Last summer I did graphics for my first adventure game that was started by a friend I found. He used AGS and so that led me here... Project got almost finished but then the leader left for a year and the project is on hold.

Mostly I make graphics, pixelart usually. I got a little example gallery up at: http://www.hot.ee/tindiplekk

But I am quite experienced in music making also, some long years behind.

Anyway, I am hoping to improve myself in every aspect.

All the best,
radiowaves.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Joel

Hi everyone, my name is Joel, i'm 21 and from Australia. I've been a fan of old style point and click adventures since I first got into computers (around ten years old) and I miss them bitterly. I stumbled accross your website and was stoked to learn that there are a community of players out there that love this sort of gaming.

I've recently downloaded the AGS software and i'm following the tutorials. The learning process has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward to see what I can come up with. Just to let you all know, I am willing to assist in productions with things like voice acting, story writing, script writing (script as in spoken dialogue, not computer script like C+++), beta testing or even some basic hotspot-ing in AGS. I'm fairly new to this but I am looking for some experience.

Anyway, that's enough about me. to conclude, here are some of my favourite games of all time:

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis
Blade Runner
Sam and Max
The Last Express
Full Throttle
Day of the Tentacle
Broken Sword 2 (I also liked the first one but this is the best, didn't really fancy number three)
Tex Murphy series (all 3 FMV games)
Deus Ex
The Godfather
Half Life 2
James Bond: Everything or nothing
Quake 2
Command and Conquer: Red Alert

Snowflake

Hey all!

My name is Evelyn and I've lived in Greece since I was a fetus - that is, 21 years ago. I'm now studying to become a Veterinarian away from home *makes sounds of joy*. It's pretty nice, since I got the house to myself and I can do anything I can anytime of the day without someone whinning, like being stuck in fron of my screen for > 10 hours playing games. Let's see. I love to sing, play the piano, dance and go biscycling. On the other side of the moon, reading fantasy books, listening to all kinds of music and watching movies or anime is something I do at least a few hours every day. Most of the games I play are adventure and RPGs. Simply love them. :)

I can't remember myself not playing adventure games, really. I started with text-based ones, they are a real pain in *coughs a few times*, then moved on to point n click ones which I simply adore. My all time favourites are Gabriel Knight, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Broken Sword and Quest For Glory. I recently joined this site as I was looking for something small to play since I'm in the middle of exams..and here I am! I intend to read the various tutorials since I have a lot of ideas and, more importanly, energy to put into being.

That's all for now, enough with the lenglthy introduction. If you need me to help you with any of your projects, be it my extraordinary opinion, marvelous voice or superb testing skills, don't hesitate to PM. Tada!  8)

ptoing

Name's Sven, spawned some 26 years ago in Germany, living in London atm.
Got here through Helm, who is a good friend of mine.

I knew about AGS form some time now, but i never felt like doing something with it (mainly due to timeconstraints, but now I want to get into making something with it. So yeh, that's why i am here.

MrColossal

greetings ptoing, long time fan of your work, however I'd hate to see your first post  leave a parenthesis open like that which would encapsulate every one of your posts hereafter into a sort of footnote realm.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Nabeel

Look. I'm a newbie and just can't make good enough graphics. :-\
please help me by providing me with some awesome graphics generator.

Nabeel

Oh yeah, and my e-mail is nabeel@zaeem.org
It'd be better if anyone of you post the software to this address.

insanity prophecy

heyz every1, im insanity prophecy, n this place is so kewl...

Haha, I'm kidding, I'm from Tasmania, Australia and I'm a musician and I make games purely for fun, even though most of my games aren't finished because I have the patience of a 12 year old. I produce dance music (also for fun) and I play guitar and have a bash on the drums.

This place is a great community and hopefully I'll become familiarised with this site, and maybe make a couple more games.

Cheers, Insanity Prophecy

Xtiph

Hi everybody,

I discovered this forum 2 weeks or so ago when I was looking for old adventuregames. I read a bit about AGS and got intrested in making my on game and tadaaa  here i am freshly recruited to your forum :-)

I won't be writing much about myself here, i prefer you to get to know me via the many post i will hopefully post in your forums. I'm 28 and even though I stated Uk as my home I am actually from Germany (you 'll have to excuse my poor english sometimes :-)  living in the Uk though at the moment.
I use Xtiph as my alt here but you can call my Chris or Christoph as well if you like.

I mainly got intrested  in this forum because i want to create my own game now as well. I already started on writing a story and the first few pictures are ready as  well....so if it all goes as planned i hope to be able to introduce my game soon in the forum  (knock on wood).

I dont really have any expertise (or even beginners experience ) in scripting, painting or writing  but i'm sure i'll manage somehow...in the end it's all about having fun: me making the game and hopefully u playing in soon :-)

See you around
Cheers
Xtiph

Deloria

I've been around AGS for a while, but so far, have only posted in the Hints And Tips section, I still don't consider myself a newbie. I also have yet to be a team member of a project that works with AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk