Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwalker

Hey people,

My names Craig from the UK, I really got into adventure games not long ago actually (playing things like Gray matter, gemeni rue, the cat lady etc) and decided to develop some for myself :-D I actually started writing a 2D engine by modding Irrlicht 3D in C++ but then came across AGS - what a great development kit. I've been playing with it for a few hours, and gone through most tutorials getting a basic game concept done and now getting more confident with it and will finally be able to get making the game I've been looking forward to.

For some of my previous games see my IndieDB page page or just my website

Anyway nice to meet you all, and hope we can laugh, love, share and learn :=

Janos Biro

Hey Dreamwalker!

So, another one who still believes in love, hum? Wait until they crush you and make a hole in your spirit that is bigger than the universe, then we can share our infinite sorrows... Just kidding, welcome!

Hey, I'm very interested in playing Keyboard Cowboys!
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Dreamwalker

Hey, love is everything!

Anyway thanks nice to meet you, Keyboard Cowboys is something I'm really eager to do - but really depends on the popularity to crowd funding as to whether it gets made, but I really hope so. In the meantime go and have a play with "Cursing Vikings" it's only an experimental short (using Irrlicht 3D engine) but you may get a laugh out of it.

Janos Biro

I will try it. Good luck with your game. See you around.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Nightfable

Hi. My name is Audrey, I'm 32 and I have two kids and a husband. I like to play most video games, but I'm especially fond of old adventure games. I like to draw and eat poutines. I don't like rainy days and I'm really excited getting sunny weather. I log on here and then suddenly disappear for months or years. I've got tons of ideas in my head, and usually end up with too many projects on the go. I have three old cats and two birds. I love watching funny videos on Youtube.

I've been a member of the AGS community for 11 years, but I still feel like a noob.

Dualnames

Nightfable, i can tell you that you are totally not a noob. You were a lot active when i first joined the forum, so it's always nice to see you, even though you are on and off these past 7-8 years.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Giraffadon

Hey everybody.

My name is Dom.
I'm 27 years old.
I have a degree in animation and am currently
doing low end graphic design and illustration work.
I'm here to gain knowledge of the program and hopefully
build my own game in the not too distant future.
I'm also willing to join projects and contribute artwork/music.
I have 5 years experience in making electronic music as my hobby.
My favorite adventure games are Broken sword(1&2), Discworld, grim fandango and monkey island, although
there are so many more i have played and adored.
I am in love with the medium and wish to be involved in future projects if someone will
give me a chance.

I look forward to conversing with many of you.

Dom

Ghost

Welcome aboard, Giraffadon! Hope you enjoy your stay, and here's to many fun games!

miguel

Welcome Giraffadon, may your stay be long and prosperous.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Domino

Welcome to all the new members. I might as well be a new member since I don't post much here anymore.

coolcon2000

Newbie here!

Names Conner and last May I finished my uni course. For the past 4 or 5 years I have been studying 3D Animation. Recently I have been wanting to try and start making my own games for fun (For now anyway, until I get better at it). I recently played Gemini Rue and that games atmosphere grabbed hold of me and refuses to let go. I am actually playing through the Blade Runner game currently, which is amazing and is the quality of art assets I hope to aim for soon :).

I actually installed AGS a few months back and managed to get my sprite to walk around and look at button, and was surprisingly pleased with myself for making it do that. Recently I have slowed down however, with lack of motivation and skill to do more :(. (Moving also didn't help).

Anyway guys, I hope you are all well and I hope to see you all around the forums to help me out and just to chit chat! Thanks :)

Alzas

Hello all.

My name is Takis and i am a 34 years old gamer from Greece. I am a programmer working full time in a telecomunications company. When i discovered AGS i thought to myself "i can finally make my own game"! But when i saw that it's been around for more than 10 years, i said to myself "how could you be so dumb and never found out about it, up until now?". Then myself told me "oh, gimme a break, it's not that you was any better". I totally got angry with myself for talking back to me. So i warned me to behave better to me and.... ok, this can go on, but because i don't want you to think i am mad or something, i am just saying hello to everyone and good luck with all your endeavors.

Stupot

Hello Alzas.  Welcome... to both of you :P

And you too CoolCon, if you're still lurking.  It seems nobody saw you pop your head in. :)

Eastwing

Hi everybody!

It looks like I miss this thread earlier :)

My Name is Mikhail, I'm  29 years old russian (without beard). I periodically works with AGS for 10 years and recently finally starts my own REAL project. So I come here :)
I have skills in programming, story-writing and composing (a bit). I have no skills in English, so I can sometimes write funny things thinking it's serious.

Na zdorovie!

Seventeen Uncles

Hi everyone! After planning an adventure game for a while and originally planning on coding it myself I came across AGS on an article about "Time Gentlemen, please!" very recently. Im quite surprised that AGS flew under my radar for so long as im very familar with the different languages / game making programs that are out there.

im in the final stages of planning my first adventure game called "A Pug's Life" and I look forward to sharing more details of it with you in the months ahead.

CaptainD

Greeting's to all our new members!

@Seventeen Uncles - "Pug" as in the breed of dog?  Or something else?

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 21/06/2014 12:41:29
Greeting's to all our new members!

@Seventeen Uncles - "Pug" as in the breed of dog?  Or something else?

Thanks CaptainD, yea Pug as in the dog. My protagonist is a pug called Kirk.

Cassiebsg

Sounds interesting! And Welcome Seventeen Uncles. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Sat 21/06/2014 13:59:54
My protagonist is a pug called Kirk.

You realise that you have me hoping for multiple cheesy Star Trek jokes in your game now?!?! :P

Seventeen Uncles

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 21/06/2014 18:12:00
Quote from: Seventeen Uncles on Sat 21/06/2014 13:59:54
My protagonist is a pug called Kirk.

You realise that you have me hoping for multiple cheesy Star Trek jokes in your game now?!?! :P

Haha not quite! There might be a reference here and there but its not really that kind of game. I am a massive ST fan tho, so I wouldnt be surprised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk