Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Takkar Tekekak

woohoo! i'm reply 100! *self congratz*

Hello, i'm Daniel. most people on the internet call me TAK, cause it takes ages to write takkartekekak. i'm working on a game that will emphasise my insanity right now it's called "takkars world." although it shouldn't seem too you shall advance into a plot. etc.

anyway, this is me!
I may not be sane, but at least i'm not a penguin!

bubble n tweek

Everyone knows 101 beats 100, right?

Hello, I'm new here. I like adventure games....

Ok joking, this is the stuff you didn't know:

I live in the sunny town of Devizes, England, survive on pot noodles and music, and when not mooching play guitar until shouted at to stop. I don't have a name.

I'm 17, staying in education until forced to work for real, and one day hope to own the best VW Camper in the world.

Right, that's enough about me, where's the soy sauce?

Bingo182

Hi. Me name's John. I'm 13. I guess I'm an ameteur game designer... maybe not even that... i haven't made a single game yetÃ,  :-[ I'm working on one now, but i'm still learning the ropes. I would like someone to speak to during manufacture, but don't take that as a desperate plea, more like a ... well i dont knowÃ,  :-\

Well that's all 'bout me. Thx for your time.

munkie

hey whats happening everyone.. im brand new here dont know much about AGS ..im reading the manual learning day by day .... 

anyone got any help they could give me i would appreciate it..

Ize

Hey everyone!
I'm Ize, been visiting this place without posting a thing for 4 months, but anyway, I'm gonna spend this year designing characters for an upcoming adventure (long, so maybe late 2005), won't talk about it yet.
The intergalactic gypsy grog-loving monkey is here, so watch out!
Feel the Ize!

rich316

hi i just started didnt really want to make a game but six day assasin(sorry about spelling)
opened my eyes i have just finished reading the tutorials and am going to start tommorow on my birthday 8)

Ize

Well, first of all happy b-day for tomorrow!
And what's the game about, I could help.
Feel the Ize!

Darkizar

Hi, new here. From Denmark and 18 is my age (I already feel old, gah!  :-\)

Going to try to make a adventure game thingie for a school project thingie.. so I might need some help at some point or another.

Indie Boy

Hi I'm a newbe just started with AGS a month ago. I'm called Potter (cos i hate harry potter) everyone knows me by that name so it has kinda stuck with me. I'm very into adventure games so AGS is perfect for me. Ive just started working on a game and dunno how it is going to turn out and i hope some people could help me out. Anyway i just wanted my name to be known.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Synthetique

Hello all.. I started using ags way back in the dark times.. I still count myself as a n00b tho..

So.. what's new in being noobish?

Will

Hi, I found this site a when I was 14 or 15 and I had always been a fan of the point and click adventure games since I first played The Secret of Monkey Island. So, as you can imagine, I was very excited about the prospect of making similar games when I found this website. I made a few backgrounds for my games which I stored on some website for safe keeping. But when my comp got a virus I had to resort to the back up copies, but for some reason, the website I stored them on made the backrounds a lot smaller so I couldn't use them.

I was a member here about a year ago but I can't remember my username and I only made one post so it doesn't really matter.

So im working on a new game and hopefully I'll pick up some pointers along the way.  :)

fpkk

Hi. I'm new.

I'm a concept/script dude who will be looking for a primarily art/animation development dude who doesn't mind bickering as a means to getting things done.

Check me out at www.leostableford.com my *official* website  ;)

assclownery

Hi,

I came across this site a while ago, but for some reason i never bothered to sign up for the forums, or if i did, i forgot about it. My first 'game love' as such was a click and point adventure, way back on the Commodore 64. I was absolutely addicted to Maniac Mansion, i still love it to this day, i didn't get half the jokes but i was about 6. Even though the game has a huge element of humour, it used to also scare me a little, like when you go into the kitchen and Nurse Edna is at the fridge, that used to always make me jump.

Now i have a decent sized collection of adventure games including Maniac Mansion, the Monkey Island series, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, Simon The Sorcerer and more.

In fact, i know someone who's manager of a charity shop, but the shop doesn't sell computer games. She recently came across Leisure Suit Larry 6 and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and also The Last Crusade and past them onto me.

My main interest with regards to making adventure games is that of the story, i'm not a graphics or scripting person, but i'd gladly work on different story ideas. Doesn't matter what topic/genre either, i can do Monty Python-esque comedy to David Fincher-esque social commentary.

I'm currently studying Film and Television at University where we frequently discuss Mise En Scene and Narrative, 2 vital elements within film and also i feel within Click 'an' Point adventures too. Perhaps i could hook up with a few people in future and help develop a story, but who knows.

Anyways, i'll shut up now.   :-X

Remy

Hi, I would like to introduce myself;Ã,  My name is Remy and I live in salt lake city.Ã,  I just started using AGS yesterday and I'm having a blast, the last time I did anything with a program was with BASIC in 9th grade.Ã,  I've also had a blast reading the boards, you guys are all great.Ã,  I found out about AGS after playing Maniac Mansion Deluxe, and thought it would be fun to make my own games.

I hope it's ok to ask the following type of question on this thread.Ã,  Right now I'm just experimenting with how to use money in a game.Ã,  I have given my character some money to start, but during a dialog he buys some stuff.Ã,  I used the "lose-inv" command in the dialog script but it only removes an amount of 1.Ã,  Does anyone know of a specific tutorial that would cover ways to deal with money?

Well, nice to meet everyone and thanks for the great site, AGS..
-Remy

Abisso

Hello! I'm new to this forum even if I know (and sometimes use) AGS from about a year.
I'm Italian, from Livorno and, what to say?

"Deh, ciao a tutti!"

Translation: More or less "Whoa, hi to everyone!"
P.S. "Deh" is a complicated word to translate.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Einoo

I'm Einoo. I'm not as new as you think; I've known bout AGS since this summer, and played:

Rob Blanc 1
Rob Blanc 2
Rob Blanc 3
Two of a Kind
Al-Quest
Mom's Quest
Apprentice
Two of a Kind
Richard Longhurst and the Box that Ate Time
Wet
Six Day Assassin

I like sites like

http://www.homestarrunner.com
http://www.icompositions.com
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com

and numerous others. I can't solve puzzles to save my life, but making ones up are pretty easy for me. Here's my website:

http://homepage.mac.com/daved5/
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

Moox

For some reason everyone that posts here dissapears...

Einoo

Quote from: LostTraveler on Sat 11/12/2004 16:48:29
For some reason everyone that posts here dissapears...
What do you mean?

Moox

Look at the post counts of all above you.

Einoo

Give 'em time, they just got here. This is only my eighth post, myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk