Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrr

ok finally put in some efford and registered. I've been playing these games for a while now, so mind if i refer to myself as semi-n00b??

The name is Mirrr, 24, female, lived in the north Holland all my life.
Holland? yea Holland, The Netherlands, that lil country in Europe, known for it's drug-policy, tulips and windmills. Gotta disappoint y'all right away, not many ppl here wear wooden shoos anymore and windmills are as good as extinct.

Anywhoo, got nothing really usefull to share, so I might as well shut it!

giftoflight

Umm, hi.. my name is Máire.  I was born in Ulster, though I have lived in the US for 19 years now.  I'm a military cadet and a college student.

I fell in love with AGS the moment I saw it.  I spent the majority of my time in the early- to mid-90's playing adventure games, and to finally have the potential to make one of my own is just totally rad (Yeah I still use the word rad)!

BTW, I posted my pic in the picture thread.

Máire

Kiroga

Hi every one, my name is Kiroga, I'm a 21 year old spanish boy.
I'm a fanatic of AAAALL adventure games, and I even tried (with some succed) to make some games with the RPG-Maker.
This is my first try with an adventure game so I'll try my best.

I've been checking the AGS, and It's just great, a little hard at first but thanks to the tutorial in this page I'm not as lost as I could be.

I'm not doing anything valuable right now, just learning the basics, I've palyed some of the games here and I would love to make mine as good as them.

Ok, enought of taking your time, and thanks for reading so far. ^^

DeathWish

Ok, HI!

I've been here for like a little while now, or it seems like it at least, and I have to say that this site RULES. I have never been so hooked onto a forum before, but the people here are so nice and the subject are things that I am interested in ;D So anyway, About me. I'm 14 from London, United Kingdom. I'm studying for *groan* GCSE's at the mo and er... that's about it! Hi to everyone whos been bothered to read this (IF YOU HAVENT THEN YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) and er.. See you 'round

Cheers
I love the smell of napalm in the morning..

Gamer_V

Eey,

I'm Vincent, I'm 14 years, and I'm from Holland, and I'm going to take a shot at creating a good adventure game. I've been buzy for a while, and I've finally decided to register... I hereby apologize for the crap I'm going to make. 8)

A happy Christmas,
Gamer_V

Coochy

Yeah, the name's Coochy. Or Cooch. Anyways, I'm 14 and am from a little place in USA, and I thought this community could use some of my awesomeness...well, I felt like joining, at least. So...I hope to be a good addition to the AGS forums!

Buer

Name's Fred, 22 year old norwegian. Been playing since '91, when I picked up Monkey Island 1, and most recently replayed all of the Tex Murphy adventures. I've been looking for something like AGS for a long, looong time.

I hope to become an active member of the community.

-F.

BMF-Inc

Hello everyone, the name is Jon, founder and creator of Bogus Meat Factory, my personal independant organization that is bent on bringing out quality cartoons and videogames (primarly adventure games...that's why I'm here) to the public. It is a pleasure to meet all of you and I hope that I can bring out some great games and work with some of you in the far future. I am 21 years old and work at Blockbuster Video (oh joy) and spend a lot of time writing scripts for a lot of animated shorts that are in development. Right now, though I am working on my first Adventure game, short sweet, and to the point as an introductory piece here to the adventure gaming studio, and hope to have it out in the upcoming months. Anyways...Just a little tidbit about me. Hope to get to know all of you a lot better

white dragon

Hello everybody,
I'm White Dragon and I'm an UBERN00B!! ;)
Just thought I'd post here and check out my Profile.
C ya.

BernieLaraemie

Just thought I'd step up and give my offical first 'Yo."

So, without further ado:

"Yo."

~~Bernie
~~~~~
"It doesn't matter whether something is true, just that it is believed." -- Jim Morrison
~~~~~
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Darcness

Hey all, I'm a 26 year old game designer from Pretoria, South Africa. I've been designing and programming my own games since 1986. I am the lead vocalist and songwriter of a Goth band called "Disciples of Sorrow", and a writer of fantasy fiction. I enjoy Anime, RPGs and Adventure games. I've been using AGS since a very early DOS release, but I only joined the forum today. Go figure.
Well, good to meet you all, and I hope I can someday be an asset to the AGS community.

Free the Floopians, Our first commercial indie game.

Seleceus

Hello to all.  Been lurking for a couple of years now, reading, getting to know the atmosphere.  Well, I broke the ice yesterday, in the Competition forum (couldn't resist the BGBlitz), and am now ready to start sharing.  Probably best with stories, dialogs, and artwork (to some degree).  Won't know about the scripting/programming until I get into it, and I WILL be getting into it,  soon.

I hail from the SW Finger Lakes region of New York state (USA).   Just for reference; it's about 285 miles (458 km) to New York City.  I'm a full-time systems analyst for a courier company but my regular job includes computer field tech work, Access development, and web design.  Married (once, and for good), two daughters, one dog, one cat, and a mortgage.  I'm old enough to remember 'Watergate', Apollo 13 (the original incident) and the Monkees, young enough to enjoy the 80, or so, AGS games I've played.

That's enough (more than???)  for an introduction.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

academiken

I am Ken, age 29, from Richland, WA, USA.Ã,  I think my first adventure game was Space Quest 3; from that point I was hooked.Ã,  I had always appreciated adventure games as a good storytelling medium, incorporating imagery, animation, music, and plot at the player's own pace.Ã,  Ever since middle school I had always dreamed of making some kind of interesting game.Ã,  Since I am interested in drawing, animation, music, and programming, an adventure game seems to be a natural combination of these interests.

It has been neat to see how many creative people have put really unique ideas into their own games.Ã,  I had played a fair number of AGS games and had put a good deal of effort into my own game before joining the forums.

Other interests include video editing and travel.Ã,  I had seen enough of those airline safety instructional videos that I had to make my own:
http://www.3-cities.com/~kperrine/customs.html

I also deal with new technologies and user-friendly software at work, such as this:
http://www.3-cities.com/~kperrine/offuture.html

Blackthorne

Quote from: Seleceus on Sat 22/01/2005 14:02:04

I hail from the SW Finger Lakes region of New York state (USA).Ã,  Ã, Just for reference; it's about 285 miles (458 km) to New York City.Ã, 

Welcome, dude!  I'm from Syracuse... not TOO far away from ya. I'm very familiar with the Finger Lakes.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Seleceus

Quote from: Blackthorne on Sun 23/01/2005 22:21:58
Quote from: Seleceus on Sat 22/01/2005 14:02:04

I hail from the SW Finger Lakes region of New York state (USA).   Just for reference; it's about 285 miles (458 km) to New York City.

Welcome, dude! I'm from Syracuse... not TOO far away from ya. I'm very familiar with the Finger Lakes.

Bt

I'm exactly 100 miles from the corner of Thompson and Erie.  Nearest city to me is Corning.  My company has an office near Carrier circle.  Thanks for the welcome.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

CountGiuseppe

Hi Ho  Yall
Umm my name Is Joseph Silipo , half Italian half Polish, My nick name is Joe altho my Friends call me " YOSEF " Simply because i am 16 and my mother still calls out to me when i sit outside on the curb wit ma G's . She ALWAYS says YOOOOOOSEEEEEFFF
Hahha LOL well I think its more funni to how i pull my mums voice... Neways Im Joe.

I am a addict too ,,, no no not addict but I lOVE Sierra. Umm Sierra Games ..  Yess well.. I Have always wanted to create my own games,, seeing i have an amazing imagination,, that decieds to day dream when i Should be paying attention at school but hey.. thats me.  My MAmmA is an Graduate ,Masters of Visual Art" My BRO... YO.. Is a Gradude of Visual Art in australia and Poland and my Dads a Builder. Welll What has this got to do with me.... I was Influence from a early age into art and is now a very good artist,,, and a fast learner... A BIT MODEST .. YEAH>> BUT YOU GOTTA BE TO SURVIVE.... eny way i love the QFG Sieries and is making a Game " TANGLE AND THE FIRESTICKS" just up to the "MAKING screens bit"
and have completed za animations much more of the character TANGLE HEHHEHEHE any way this is written to you, you found that out if you got up to reading this bit and Im JOE so have a good one.\

P.S. Im looking for a female parter in AGS Creation Some where in the world
EMAIL = wikid_rhymes29@hotmail.com
CIAO OXOXOXOX

Walshy

Good Day, I'm Walshy. I'm an 18 year old UNI student and an avid adventure gamer ever since 2002, when I played Leisure Suit Larry 1. I love adventure games mainly due to the creativityÃ,  required to create them. That and I am a very logical person so a good puzzle here and there is good. Thanks for your time :)

Dreben ama Vreden

Hi, my name's Adam, what's up people? I'm from Bulgaria, I'm fairly good at programming, and I came here just to mention a mistake on the site. I guess I'll be posting a bit, now. Probably technical questions.

Mr. Mozzarella

Hi, I'm Mr. Mozzarella from Germany.
I discovered AGS several weeks ago and, of course, had to try it out. Now I'm nearly doen with my first short game. There's only one thing I can't figure out, that's why I joined here... But all these rules in the Beginners Technichal help forum are somehow scaring me  :o ...

Anyway, I hope I'll have a nice time here at the forums and with AGS in general.
Night of Fire - Thread

I control, I am in charge of
Everyones future, red button is mine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk