Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

mspenguin

Hi, my name is Claire. I'm 31 and love to play the older style games...including the old-fashioned text adventures that I loved when I was younger. Just thought I'd say hi.

:D

charly

Hey!
I'm charly, 23, from Germany.
Love old- styled adventure games, but most time I'm too impatient for long puzzle-intensive games, so the ags short games are perfect for me.
Maybe I'm gonna try to make a game on my own, but first have to play a lot more ;)

Dig

Hello everyone - I'm new around here. First of all I have to say that I'm from Poland and English isn't my first language so I'll propably make a lot of stupid mistakes :) You've been warned!

My real name is Blaze Sanecki and I'm 19 years old, I have read your forums for a long time but I never thought about joining in :) Now when I'm starting a game project it seemed kind of usefull :). From my nickname you propably already made out my favorite game so I'll just skip that part. I'm going to study computer graphics from this year on and I'm interested mostly in making comics, games and animations in my future :). I never tried to make anything serious in AGS but I know the basics :)

Favorite band: Ayreon
Favorite movie: Charlie and the chocolate factory
Likes: Furry (Drawing and RPGs only, not RL stuff), drawing (obvious), old adventure games (obvious again), rats (not so obvious) tolerant people, Bob Sinclar lyrics, water
Dislikes: mean people, proud people, warm beer, mountains
Wants: Fame (not a big one. only on the internet will do, and money isn't important to), good drawing abilities.

You'll see me soon in the Critique threads
With my luck it's a hand granade...

Ashkante

Hi , I'm 21 years-old and from Turkey.
I've been following the AGS community for over 2 years now but never thought of joining the forum up until now.I love playing adventure games in general and AGS community keeps producing top-notch games.
Just thought I'd say hi  :)

Elliott Hird

kman

Aaron.

27 from Ohio, USA. 

Love the old adventure games.  Grew up on Kings Quest and Space Quest. 

I'm looking into turning a couple storylines into games myself, so I though I had better start getting used to the tool and start talking on the forum. 

accolyte

Hi there! Well, since i recently registered after having lurked around on the forums for quite a while i guess i should introduce myself.
I,m a 20 year old bloke from Sweden very soon becoming 21 and computer-games is my passion although I also like reading, both fiction and history aswell as urban-myths. I also enjoy watching Discoverys FBI-files and i like tzatsiki. ( that food-stuff you make off youghurt, cuccumber and garlic in case you didn,t know ;)
What more to say... well... I,ll hope i oneday will finally create an adventure-game of my own. But i,m quite optimistic about that and the forums seem a great place to ask in if you are looking for help.

Well... i think that,s it for now. Untill later...

Fallen_Hyperion

A nice, big hello to everyone!

I am  a 22-year-old student from Finland. After growing up in the middle of all the fantastic adventure games (namely those of LucasArts and Sierra) and after years of toying with the idea of making my own someday, I found out about this program called AGS... and here I am!  :)

It's been about an year since I downloaded AGS and since that I've just meddled with it, read the manual, surfed and read around in the forum and now I'm ready to post this first message of mine ;)

I've slowly started to work on and around a game; with the help of two good friends of mine, who've promised to help me with the artwork and the sounds of the game. With my studies going on for some years to come and with my friends also studying, the project won't be getting as much timeand attention as I'd want it to get, but hey, we're still young! Hopefully some day it will become something more than a project...

The community here seems extraordinary helpful and committed, and I hope that new people with new ideas will keep coming in and doing their thing. After all; there ain't no thing like the adventure-thing!  ;D
"The oldest and the strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of unknown."

-H.P. Lovecraft

ildu

We need more finnish blood on #AGS at irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk. It's a constant power struggle. I hereby recruit you. You don't happen to hail from Helsinki do ya?

LimpingFish

Quote from: ildu on Mon 24/07/2006 00:06:35
We need more finnish blood on #AGS at irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk.

Like hell we do! It's overflowing with finns as it is. :P
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Helm

Evelyn, did you send me an e-mail linking to that vampire-something game? I interpreted it as spam. Am I missing anything?
WINTERKILL

Cicero

Hi! my name is Sam and I am just returning to AGS. messed around with it for a month or so last year and am back playing with it. I'm not very good at it though, and dont have the time to dedicate to it that I would like. Plus my art sucks :(.  Any games I do make will be released under my group name Swordarts Entertainment. My current project is "12 Arabian Knights", a paradoy of the Aladin movies. I am working on the script now, and may release some teasers soon.

Nice to meet you all!

Dan_N

Hello.
My name's Dan, and I've been here for about one month (or was it two) ever since I got myself some Internet. Anyway, first thing I did is download AGS because I had 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic for a while from soem friends. So I started doing my own game(s). Anyway, I though I'd properly introduce myself and let you guys (and girls I think) know that besides AGS, I also do games by directly writing their program in Borland Pascal. This is not important, but it's intended as a tid-bit.
The rest of my intro goes like this:
I'm Romanian (so I apologise in advance for any bad spelling and/or grammar), into computers and rock'n'roll (Guns'n'Roses, Metallica, Scorpions, etc.), 15 (but more mature than you'd think), not mentally disturbed (I guess), and "I reject your reality and substitute my own" (Adam Savage, Mythbusters, Discovery Channel).

The Golden rules say that I must post something interesting, so here it is: it's now day in Bucharest, em... a bit cloudy, and filled with people. That's about it.

oldman

Hi all.

I chose oldman for an ID because I am.  I Picked  AGS and I guess I am a newbie with the product, though I have been playing adventure games since they were text streams on mainframes.

That means I have been around since dirt.  I have been in computers since .... lets just say they used to cost millions of dollars and they filled up entire rooms.

Recently started playing with graphics and I am not too bad, though I don't think I am ready to quit my day job, though I already have, but that is another story.

I am working on learning about AGS and I have started using the space game pack to create a short game,  We'll see how it goes.  I will keep you posted.

limeTree

Well,hello everybody.I am a member for two weeks or so.
I am bored.I love adventure games and especialy RPG.
I have five years experience on manny rpg free makers.

Dan_N

lipaoklipa, i just have to ask: do you have any free RPG game creators and if so, where did you get them. i'm asking 'cause i'm always on the search for good game creators and google hates me...

Vlad

Hello.

I'm Vlad. I have a real name which, at this moment, is not relevant.

From the depths of noghingness I was brought to this world 21 years ago. I am currently a student.

I like computer games, new and old alike, I'm a fan of old adventure games. The first games I've ever played were Knight Lore, Manic Miner, Jumping Jack, so I guess I may consider myself a hardcore gamer.

I'm also into computer graphics (and I've still a looong way to go before/if I start earning money by CG-ing).

I make verbs by adding -ing to nouns, call my friends mortals from time to time and believe that being sane's not worth the effort.

I like movies (LOTS of them), books (P. K. Dick, Douglas Adams, Lem... Shakespeare, Stoppard, Bulgakov, Beckett and more) and music (LOTS of it as long as it's not techno, hip-hop or rap).

I rarely make sense so don't take me too seriously.

MarkPhantom

Hi guys, I'm Mark  ;D

I'm an adventure game nut, whose hobbies are basically writing TV scripts (trying to pitch one to someone at the BBC, communication is very slow going though :() and stories and stuff - so talk to me, I'm generally easy going and fun :)

Oh yeah, I also wrote (with a friend) a spoof of Star Wars Episode II - very good fun:

"Kiss me Padme"
"Mmm"
"(hearing something) What's that?"
"Well, if I was being cynical, I'd say it was the sound of a million sphincters tightening simultaneously"

Anyway, interests include games, computers, writing, watching films and listening to awesome music (Nightwish, c'mon! Also Johnny Cash)

I AM ALSO FROM YE MERRY ENGLANDE.

'Hallow's End: Everyone goes there eventually'  http://www.freewebs.com/codpiecestudios

ms_greenjeans

Should've done this a long time ago...

Hi, I'm an AGS addict.

I've been playing these great games for about a year now, to the extent that it has had a negative effect on my graduation plans from uni. That's why I can't even think about making my own games, even though I'd like to give it a try, but then I assume I would never graduate. I enjoy red wine, chocolate and horror movies. .....And world peace! :P

Another Finnish bugger. And a fake blonde one.

ildu

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk