Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHejl

Quote from: Nikolas on Thu 21/12/2006 16:19:31
The oficial welomce to Jim:

Already everybody knows who you are, what you do, how your wife Sarah looks like (is that her name?), that you have a sister who is really cute and also cooks and has her own TV show! ;D ;D

Your radio station last night was playing some cool stuff... ;)

"Laura" is my wife. "Sarah" is my girlfriend.

haha j/k

Thanks for the Welcome.
[web] www.hejl.com
[music] www.hejl.com:8000/listen.m3u

Balin

Hi, I'm Balin. I'm kind of new to AGS games, but I've played many adventure games. I'm a big fan of the old Sierra games, and I've started to get interested in making games with AGS.

twin-moon

Not my first post, but i'd take the opportunity anyway and introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Christiaan. My forumname was "dutch mountaineer" but I've changed it to TwinMoon. Maybe I'll change it again, but I can't think of anything better.
As you might have guessed, I'm Dutch. And I'm 25.

I've had AGS quite a long time actually. Found it through the reality on the norm project (which now seems to have disappeared, sadly).
And now i've finally decided to really make a game, so I thought i'd sign up to the forum. I never really looked at it, it's amazing to see how much is going on.
The man who said adventure games are dead was a very big liar...

I'm not too great in drawing (hope ripping&repainted is accepted ;-) but i'm a decent scripting and a good writer (anyway, I like to write, if it's a good you can decide for yourself). And I can write songs, so maybe computer music is doable too.

anyway, can't stand long posts (i tend to get distracted and contradict myself) so cheers to you all.

- Chris
                                    The Grey Zone

auriond

Hi all :)

I've been here for several months but I haven't really introduced myself, so I'll do so here :)

My name isn't really auriond, but I've had that as an online nickname for close to ten years now, and it's a lot more memorable and less confusing to an international audience than my real name. The only confusing thing about it is that people tend to automatically refer to me as a "he". I'm a she, and I live in Singapore, far on the other side of the world from most AGSers.

I'm in the middle of making my first ever game in AGS, and sometimes I really wonder if I shouldn't have started out with something smaller and less intimidating. However, I don't think I have enough in me for more than one game, so I'm dreaming big and aiming for the stars. The people here have been really helpful so far though, and I'm very grateful for all of the encouraging comments I've had so far.

I'm also catching up on all the AGS games I've never played - between that and my game, I have no free time left :P

LeeStee

Hello there everyone. My name's Lee, LeeStee is just my online name because it's my first name and part of my second name, but you don't care about that.

I'm not new to forums at all, and I'm a big fan of the Lucasarts adventure games. I must warn you now though, I'm very new to AGS. I've been wanting to make my own adventure game for years, and I've only just discovered AGS. (Yeah, I'm slow like that.)

So yeah, I've come to these forums to get all the help I can/need (which is a lot) and hopefully get to know you all.

Nice smilies, by the way.  ;D

Medical Waste

Howdy AGS forum.

I just stumbled onto AGS a few days ago, because lately I've been playing adventure games again. Really cool program, so I like most people here I guess I'm going to try to make my own game. I'm in college for computer programming and analysis.

Anyways, you'll see me lurking around and posting from time to time (probably lots of questions!)
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

Plastic_Worm

I started playing adventure games again and got addicted, so I joined.

glamrocker91

Hey i'm Glamrocker91, I have been playing adventure games since about I was 4, and my favorites are still the Quest For Glory games, although I love all sierra adventure games.  I also enjoy Los Angeles style Glam Rock and Metal, incase anyone was interested, this is my first post in the forums.

Ariadne

Hi, everyone!
My name is Ariadne, I am almost 30 years old and -just for the record- I think Kara's initiative is great.
My "relation" with computers is truly discouraging, because apart from writing documents for my job and using internet for simple stuff (point and click games, again for research for my job etc.), I don't know anything more, although I am fascinated!
About a month ago I played 5 days a Stranger through my favourite website (www.lazylaces.com). And then I decided to see if there are more games like that. And I linked to you. And since then I am completely addicted! I mean I played the Ben Jordan series and Night of Dark and The mystery of Haunted Hollow and I am so thrilled!I admire each and every person who made a game, even if the graphics are poor or the plot is indifferent. I know this post is dull, but I just wanted to say that I have a great time playing these games and I hope that in a few decades from now, when I manage to understand all the technical stuff most people here know so so so well, I may even try to make my own game!

Fee

Hello everyone.
Im Fee, im a 26 year old Australian.
I used to love playing the old Sierra games when i was a kid. Im interested in trying to make my own. I just downloaded AGS and im going to attempt to make a "test quest" just to see what i can do with it. Im a bit of a noob, so we shal see how it goes. Maybe ill make somthing quick as i can and stick it in the hour games thread.

I look forward to harassing you with my noobie problems xD

Fee

Kreator

Hey Everyone,

I stumbled across AGS quite some time ago, but i never used it or joined the forums. Over a year ago i started using it and i made one game, which i abandoned later on. But not so long ago i got the internet on, so i decided to polish up my old game, upload it and join the forums!

My name is Beau and I'm 16 years old. I live in NSW Australia in a small town. Not much happens there, so i usually play games and listen to music. And now its time to make my own! I have always wanted to, and my friends think i'd be good at it. So here i am! I'm currently creating an RPG/Adventure named Azunite's Tale. Check out the thread in the "In Production" section and comment!Ã,  :)

AmongTheFallen

Akatosh

I think I never introduced myself, so I'm doing it now... nearly a year late. So, um, hi. You're not getting any more personal information.  :=

MOLEMAN

I am the moleman, for all you people who dont know I am an Aussie and I'm ~16~ ;D
I registered on the forums today and havent looked back...         ...yet.
I would like to be an expert programmer than the ameturistic one I am now!!
Thanks to everyone who iz helping us newbies

;D ;D ;D ;D ;DMOLEMAN ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darcness

Hello again people! After 2 years I am back on the forums.
These days I'm creating games professionally with the games company Canvas Software.
Our current game has left me with very little time to work on my AGS games, but after nearly 2 years our commercial 3d game is nearing completion, and I have some spare time to spend some time on the forums again.
All I can say is that I'm really glad to be back!

Free the Floopians, Our first commercial indie game.

mirage

OK so i came across this site while i was multitasking. That being playing black sabbath tunes on my guitar and surfing the net, So needless to say i downloaded AGS and begun working on my game. thats was about 6 months ago and im not done yet. So i decided to register for the forums. Thats about it i always liked dos games so to be able to make  my own is just so unreal. Thanks o all the guys at AGS and Chris Jones (You Are GOD).  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :=

Domino

Welcome Back Darcness, good to see you posting again. I always wondered what happened to you.

to keep this on topic: Hello i am Domino from the USA. Nice to meet you all. :-)

Max

Hello everyone! I'm Max, 17, live in Brighton, England - soon to be London.
I've been lurking for a couple of years, I had on old account which I've forgotten so I made a new one (which means I've now introduced myself twice  ::) ).
I'm looking to start making games again, and perhaps offer my services as well (mainly German-to-English translations).
So until then, thanks Chris Jones for AGS!
Max
In the opposite direction of progress... >:(

glaft

yo,

just a small thread to say hello, since i'm a newb, and it's usually polite to create such kind of intro thread.

i used to work on an AGS game, which failed. i come back on ags forums, mainly as a lurker, but eventually, i hope i'll manage to produce something vaguely playable

hmm, aside from that, i'm french, and in computer science.

that's about all for now

Edit: meh, i completely overlooked the stickies. i know, bad habit. i'll just let this post rightfully sink

Spacemanchuck

Hello All,

My name's Chuck, I'm a student at the Art institute of Seattle, and am in the GAD program here.  I was introduced to the AGS editor today, everyone in my Game Design class is to make a game using the editor, and I'm totally amped about it.   I just wanted to say hey to the community, I will be lurking and posting, and creating.  Can't wait to get deep into this stuff.

Take it easy,
CHuck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk