Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

mouthuvmine

Hey, I'm Eric. I've been trying to get through the tutorials for AGS while working all day, but I'm getting through it. I'm into just about every LucasArts point and click out, and I've been through them all a few times. I'm not much for programming, but I'm hoping to pick that stuff up quick. I'm a musician for sure, and have a really nice recording studio in the house.

Not saying new Games suck, but there's a lot missing to me in much of what's being released this decade.

That said, I'm loving a lot of what I see here...

Snoop

Hi, I'm Sam and i have only just started with AGS. I'm from the highlands of Scotland but i was brought up near Edinburgh (So i am a Heart of Midlothian F.C. fan). I have created a very basic game that is extremely short and to be honest kind of rubbish. I haven't published my game on the website and i don't plan to  :)

Holocoz

Hi. Holocoz here, a seventeen-year-old student here in Manila, the Philippines. I've been a stalker of this site for quite some time now, and am excited in trying AGS (from RPGMaker2000 and OHRRPGCE).

Games I usually play? Horror games. Epic role-playing games. Mystery games.

Games I usually make? Psychological horror games. Role-playing games.

Specific games I like? Silent Hill. 5 Days a Stranger. Chrono Cross.

So, there. Hope to have friends.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

-Jaz-

Ello,

Im Jaz.

Im 22 from Manchest in the UK...

I first came across AGS a few years ago while playing 'Reality On The Norn' (is that still going?). I made a few crap games and history was made (that I suck at making games).

Then just last night while browsing for random stuff - I found a link to 6DAS. Which made me come crying back to this place. Praise Be.

Recluse

Hello, my name is Recluse, USA Texas... I am currently collaborating with a friend to create an adventure game with a few RPG elements. Once finished it should be called "The Mars Initiative"... Don't have screenshots yet, as the game is still in the planning phase.
All your verbcoin are belong to us.

chongjasmine

Hi, I am Jasmine.
I love the 2d point and click adventure game.
But nowsaday, you cannot find them anywhere anymore.
I am glad to find this place.
I am good in story.

Tinypeek

Hello --

My name is Jenny, and I am a huge fan of adventure games, although I haven't played many.  I started with the infamous THE LONGEST JOURNEY and haven't looked back since!  I get really nervous when playing action-adventure games, I have to glance back frantically at walkthroughs during timed/dying/scary monster sequences. 

Anyway, I am trying to make my first AGS game and it's head-joltingly difficult.  Wish me luck and hopefully you guys will see it released!

- Tinypeek
It's a rubber ducky.  -- TLJ

Brad Newsom

I'm a newb, and yet i'm not a newb.

Anyways, hey guys, I'm Brad. Ive lurked around these forums for a long time. I think ever since the project started. Anyways, I decided to settle in with these forums since I'm now starting up two projects, and one test game using the AGS engine. I'm currently in college achieving the major for the Game Arts & Multimedia Arts program. At the top of my class I'm currently working with my Professor Sean Osborne who currently works at Activision. My dream is to become a legendary artist to create though provoking content for games, films, and music.

Hope to meet more of you guys. My xfire account is psychogod23, so hit me up whenever you guys have a chance. :D

Oh and check out my signature to read my blog and developer diaries.

Fyntax

Well then, I better post here..

I am a 22 year old software developer from Sweden, a huge fan of old adventure games (that's why we are all here isn't it :)))

I downloaded AGS last winter, registered and realised that I suck at drawing backgrounds, I thought I would give it another try :P

Xyndicator

Hi all,

Xyndicator here. I'm new to the amateur adventure game creation scene but I've been playing and enjoying adventure games for a long time. I'm 23 and I've grown up around games such as the Monkey Island saga, Day of the Tenticle, Sam & Max, King's Quest and all those lovely LucasFilm/LucasArts and Sierra games of yester-year.

I've been checking out many of the games produced by the community and I must say that I'm extremely impressed! There's a lot of talented people and hopefully I'll have something to contribute to the community in big and/or small ways.  ;D

So anyways, time to crack open Notepad, make some notes and draft out a mini-game to get myself started.

Xyndicator
story drives game play, not the other way around.

sharksweetheart

zeo1943

hi im robert i just got ags a few days ago and i have no clue how to script but i have been able to lern the basics of ags without the scripting but i still wounder how do people import there own carecter i mean dont get me wrong roger is great but i wont more i have all thease carecters i loaded but i can import them can somebody help by the way my fist game is called virtility
seeya ???

Stormy

Hello to all from yet another lurker.  I found this site a while ago & have been sneaking around downloading games & browsing the forum but finally decided to make my presence here a little more 'official'.

I'm 33 so cut my gaming teeth on the old King's Quest type games - and find all the in your face graphics, sound effects etc of today's games pretty overwhelming.  Unfortunately the pretty packaging is often used in place of a decent storyline!  Man, sounding like a little old lady.

Anyway, would love to make my own games one day when I find the time!

Oh and I live in Darwin, Australia.

Hope that was 'interesting, helpful or funny'.
What would Scooby do?

robvalue

I've been around these forums for a long time and played hundreds of the games. I thought it was about time I registered.

My name is Rob, and I'm an avid game player (since the age of 5). I love point and click adventures so this site is perfect for me.

I've seen some truly amazing games made on here and I am very impressed at the effort that has clearly been put into them.

One comment I have is that I notice a lot of games don't use the feature where moving a cursor over an object highlights it's name for you. I find games without this feature frustrating to play and I usually don't persevere. I don't know how easy this is to add to a game but it is my suggestion that every point and click game should use it. Without it you are left randomly clicking on everything in the background in an attempt to find out which are the things you can interact with. This has spoiled for me games which I would have otherwise enjoyed.

Keep up the good work everyone! I look forward to playing more of them.

HolyJack

Hi!

I'm HolyJack. I got into Adventure games when I was a kid with a very old computer. The game I ever finished was Monkey Island. My love for Adventures (mostly lucasarts, never got into Sierra) has persisted, and a year or so ago I stumbled onto this site. I'm trying to learn AGS but I have never been very good at programming or drawing, so my games rarely work the way I want them too. However, the biggest reason I'm here is not to flood you with crappy games. I simply adore playing all the amazing games the people on here create so I decided to join the forums to be able to comment and connect with all the talented game-makers in here.

Niklasva

Hi!

My name is Niklas. In the 90's I played games all the time but when everything came to the 3d world I stopped playing games. I started making games in AGS 2003 and I make games all the time I don't finish any of my projects though.

Makeout Patrol

I'm David. I'm from Vancouver, BC, I'll be 19 in October, and I'm into improv, weird art, and film. I play video games from time to time, but not nearly as much as I used to; the games I play most are probably Half-Life 2 and its various incarnations and Oblivion, and I'm hoping Santa will slip a copy of Bioshock into my birthday stocking. Some of the first games I played were old Sierra adventures; when I was about 7, my parents bought a second-hand 486 that had all of the previous owners' games still installed on it - among them Space Quest III and Hero's Quest (a copy from back before they changed the name to Quest for Glory). The rest is history I suppose?

I played 5 Days a Stranger a couple of years ago, if I recall correctly, and found AGS through that, but at the time I didn't have the patience to make anything with it. Recently I discovered that 5DAS has sequels, and I played them, and then I played some other AGS titles, and then I decided that it was time for me to try my hand.

Neutrino-pop

Hello There. Here is my Noob intro:)

I am Bobby a 26 year old video game art lead at a MumboJumbo in Dallas, TX.
I've worked on the following games:
25 to Life
Sin Episodes : Emergence
unannounced project (was cancelled)
unannounced project (was cancelled)
Brothers in Arms : Hells Highway
Medal of Honor : Airborne
Unannounced project (cooming soon)
Unannounced project (cooming soon)

I grew up playing adventure games. The first I really fell in love with was Loom, and Then Kings Quest 5 and Monkey Island. The Dig was probably my favorite if not Grim Fandango. Anyway I have an idea for one I want to make but I am currently trying to learn how to use this software and it's a pain as I have no experience with scripting or the limitations of the engine. Some help would be nice if anyone is interested in joining me.

mentorz

Hi, I'm mentorz, form Chile
this is the first time im going to use ags or try to create a game, so i think im gonna to ask a lot ....
if there is someone who is an advanced user and speaks spanish, i would appreciate very much if i can ask directly
thats all
(for now..... just reading tutorials lol) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk