Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

TwinMoon

Quote from: Klyptomaniac on Mon 14/04/2008 04:36:48no knowledge to finish but just enough patience to start.

That goes right into the first place of my favourite AGS forum quotes.

EDIT: Because it applies to every newbie and if you have enough patience you'll gain knowledge. Just in case you were thinking I'm making fun of you, I'm not.

Quote from: Klyptomaniac on Mon 14/04/2008 04:36:48I plan on writing, drawing, and animating for a living, all at once or seperate works, it doesn't matter, and I believe that making video games in general uses all three, so this will be a great start.

Sounds like adventure games are just for you! Welcome aboard!

Klyptomaniac

Quote from: TwinMoon on Mon 14/04/2008 09:55:41
Quote from: Klyptomaniac on Mon 14/04/2008 04:36:48no knowledge to finish but just enough patience to start.

That goes right into the first place of my favourite AGS forum quotes.

Oh, why thank you.

Quote from: TwinMoon on Mon 14/04/2008 09:55:41
Quote from: Klyptomaniac on Mon 14/04/2008 04:36:48I plan on writing, drawing, and animating for a living, all at once or seperate works, it doesn't matter, and I believe that making video games in general uses all three, so this will be a great start.

Sounds like adventure games are just for you! Welcome aboard!

Thank you, again! This should be fun.

Nyu001

Hello Everybody here, I am new here and my name is Steven ;p

About me I am a Graphic Designer in my second year of bachelor, soon going to my third year. Also I play piano and study in a conservatory of music taking classes of piano & violin. I compose music and have a great woman that I love... hmm that is all the important, I think. ;)

Nikolas

hi Steven and welcome!

Why did you come here? Are you following me?  :P

Nyu001

Yes I am, but I came here for participate in the T-shirt competition which I was working when the fire problem appeared. :P

:= Woo

rbaleksandar

Hi, I am a newbie too ;D My name is Aleksandar (also Alex). I am a student in the Technical University in Karlsruhe Germany, Computer Science (= Informatics) in the 2.term. I am from Bulgaria (yeh, yeh, I know nobody knows where the f*** this is :) I've got used to that.). I am fond of computers (well, it would be really dull if I didn't like them and study this  :P). I also do sports...A lot. I love drawing and of course - playing the oldies (MI, DoTT, Diskworld etc. etc. and yet again - etc.). A friend of mine showed me about 7 years ago the beauty of this genre and I really fell in love with it. I makes you think but also use your imagination. In all adventure games there is minimum on character that is really cool and keeps you playing till the end. I discovered AGS 1-2 years ago, but at that time I didn't have free time at all (not that I am hopping and singing around with a heart full of joy and happiness := ). I've told a friend of mine about AGS and he got excited (hey, guys, where have you been hiding this cool stuff all these years lol ). Here are some dull things that I just cannot hold for myself ;) I think what I like about AGS is:

1)offers a place where you can create and have a LOT of fun
2)simplicity (well not too simple of course with all the scripting but definetly simplier than other development products)
3)gives you the oppertunity to gain new knowledge and improve your skills in "programming"
4)it is free and
5)again - have a lot of FUN.

Thanks ;) for this great kit. It really Hits the spot (like a little bit of water in a desert on a alien planet - Space Quest ;)).
I am a mighty pirate. Arrrrgh!

Bookaholic

Hi guys, I'm Zoey, and I just want to say......
Wait......
I've been here before, haven't I? :-\
:-[ Eheh. Well I downloaded AGS quite a while ago, I and I even put up a game idea somewhere around here, but thanks to a fantasic computer failure, I never got around to using it.
Colour me inexperienced.
I've got it again, so maybe I'll actually do something with it this time. ;D
I love to write, draw, read, play games, craft, what have you.....
I'm basically a Jack-of-all-trades. And master of none.  :P
Not very musically inclined, though....
I know nothing about scripting, but I'm going to learn ASAP.
I like helping people (and getting credit  ;) ) , so if you need a hand, my door isn't likely to be open, but if you catch me I'll do what I can.  8)

Emerald

Zoey's a pretty name.

And what a coincidence: I, too, am addicted to bookahol...

Bookaholic

Hee. Thanks. *hug*
Hmm.... Coincidental indeed. I'd love to discuss stuff sometime. 'Course it depends on your type of bookahol.   8)

Dualnames

Zoey reminds me of an actor Zoey Deschanel search the google you will see my addiction... anyway hello and come forth..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Emerald

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 28/04/2008 15:15:45
Zoey reminds me of an actor Zoey Deschanel search the google you will see my addiction... anyway hello and come forth..

That's another coincidence. I was just reading about her after I saw her in a trailer for the new Wizard of Oz series (Tin Man). You're probably talking about when she played Trillian in the Hitchhiker movie though, 'cause you seem oddly obsessed with that...

Quote from: Bookaholic on Sat 26/04/2008 07:02:58
Hee. Thanks. *hug*
Hmm.... Coincidental indeed. I'd love to discuss stuff sometime. 'Course it depends on your type of bookahol.   8)

I like most types of bookahol. As long as it's well-written... And not boring.

And involves a robot...

Dualnames

Well, not so hard to notice Emerald, but good job anyway.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Captain Cactuar

Hello, I am Captain Cactuar, and I hope to be a helpful contibuter to these forums.

DarkMaster

Hello everyone im DarkMaster and im hoping to make friends and help make games if possible
Fear Nothing Execpt

DarkMaster

evenwolf

Hi Captain and DarkMaster!    I'm an oldbie whos been gone a long long time.     Pretty soon you guys will be able to make better games than I ever did.

*cough* Space Mail  *cough*
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Bondo

Greetings from far-northern California!

I'm Bondo, and I'm originally from Ogden, Utah, but I've lived in California for so long that I consider myself a bona-fide Californian anyway.

I've played with Adventure Game Studio off and on since way back when it was known as Adventure Creator, and had a DOS based design interface.  I've never really made anything of note with it, except for an adventure game styled portfolio for school.  You walked the default character around an "art museum", and when you looked at a piece, it would display it full screen.

My game design "career" has lately been spoiled by the likes of RPG Maker 200x.  I've finally came to the realization that adventure games are what I grew up with, and adventure games are what I want to create.  The first game idea I ever had was a Sierra style adventure game, yet I've never created one.  Well, I'm a lot older now, and I have the resources... I have the technology.  It's time to get back to what I meant to do in the first place.

I used to rely on the interaction editor, so I need to learn scripting from the ground up, as I see it's been removed entirely.  I'm all for this decision.  It makes for a cleaner, more professional interface.  I've had experience with other scripting engines, namely The Elder Scrolls series modding, Megazeux, and Game Maker.  I've seen some AGS code, and I feel confident that I can make it work.

I like to barbecue anything and everything.  I don't draw the line at meat.  You haven't lived until you've eaten barbecued asparagus, barbecued then steamed from it's own heat under some aluminum foil on a plate, with a little butter.  Or corn, barbecued husk and all.  Even zucchini and squash is fantastic barbecued.  If you can eat it, I can barbecue it.

I take my tea either plain, or with a little milk and sugar, depending on my mood.

I was once a beer drinker, but I've given up the habit entirely.  I don't smoke either.

This isn't my first time on these forums.  Years and years ago, I was a child, and posted under the name "Chocobomonkey", which is a name I don't understand today.  I just kind of stuck two things together and called it an internet handle.  The other name, I don't remember.

This message was brought to you by Cheeseburgers, for without them, I am unable to operate.

ElTipejoLoco

I really don't know what to say about myself. I'm studying to create video games and am a big fan of point-and-click adventure games (amongst many other genres). However, I'm less of a programmer and more of a designer in almost every sense of the word.

I draw and animate on my free time, and I tend to have many ideas in my head (there's some that I think would make for interesting themes for coding competitions, but I fear that even the first one that pops in my head might be a little more complicated than it should be) for both game-play and storyline.

I really don't know what else to say about myself that you can't really already find in my profile. Except that my nickname does not genuinely represent my level of sanity, and that I don't really reside in a cardboard box.

zeeman645

hello everyone my name is gunnar. weird name huh? I play ags games all time and i am interested in making one now so i just started 3 days ago.
i joined the forums 2 days ago. Im making a simple game first, not even sure what it will be called yet. any way i look forward to becoming a agser.

hit me up at   zeeman645@gmail.com if you think i might find somthing interesting to make my new game like a program that will help. like i said im new at this so all help is appreciated

my name is herb on gmail lol (my middle name)
~~~~~~~\0/~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a guy. hes drowning as you can see. i pushed him off the boat and into the ocean because he was bothering me. thats the kind of person i am.

Cino

Gunnar is a pretty common name where I come from. Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Drew

Well this is my first post so i thought id introduce myself. my Name is Andrew but i get called drew most of the time. I think i found AGS about a week ago while trying to get I have no mouth and i must scream to work. love adventure games. Im 25 from England im a chef and love science, history and art. I have very little experience with AGS im just trying to muddle through.
If any other new users want to pm me to chat or exchange ideas and tips . then feel free.
I think my only strong point is I do have plenty of ideas, my art skills are not up to much though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk