Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki Russell

Greetings,

I've known about AGS for quite a few years now. I've been a fan of several games made using the engine, such as Yahtzee's Chzo Mythos Series. I have some experience in pixel art and game design, however hope to learn more, and expand. I am looking forward to soon designing and developing a game to make using AGS.

Hope to get to know you all well, in time to come,

Regards, Loki

woot52

hey everybody, my name is woot52 ;D and I have just downloaded the ags editor, so if anyone reading this wants me to help them with their games, I am still reading the tutorials, but I have been complimented on my skills at 2-dimensional designing. I won't be able to program the games until at least next month (in case it's far ahead of this time, February, 2008) thank you and goodbye ;D

woot52

Quote from: Dart on Sat 15/05/2004 19:10:34
It's nice to meet another person who lives in Canada. :)
;D lol i live in Canada too ;D

Sylvr

I don't know how much good quoting a post from 5 years ago is gonna do. But always nice to have another Canadian around. Welcome!
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

woot52

Quote from: Sylvr on Fri 16/01/2009 00:52:47
I don't know how much good quoting a post from 4 5 years ago is gonna do.
lol

Stumblebum

Howdy all, My name is my name, and I am a currently unemployed writer living in Nashville, TN.  I've been watching the forums and tooling around with AGS for a few months and really like what I see.  There are a couple game concepts banging about in my head, including an unusual homage to French Impressionism, a sinister amoral adventure tentatively titled "Fratricide,"  and a few others not developed enough to mention. 

Since I don't plan on posting a terrible amount until I have completed at least a short test game, let me use this opportunity to give some "props,"  as the kids are saying, to a few AGS developers whose games have delighted and inspired me.  Crystal Shard's "A Tale of Two Kingdoms" is an impressively professional kick of a game.  Yatzee's Trilby quadrilogy, particularly "Trilby's Notes," is a lot of well orchestrated original fun.  IA and AGDI almost go without saying, and I am eagerly awaiting just about everything these two studios are currently working on.  And, last but not least, Grundislav is the frikken man!  The mix of genuinely funny humor and general eeriness in the Ben Jordan games makes me wish I had a real job so that I could make a donation or two to his site. 

Anyhoos, Chris Jones is a wicked cool super sexy guy for putting together such a fine sleek little piece of software, and I look forward to being a contributing member of the community that has grown around it.
Monkey Mind

Greg K

Hello Everyone,

My name is Greg, I'm an animator, concept artist as well as a part time programmer. I have been lurking around the forums for a while now, checking out this great community and decided it's time do get on with what I always wanted to do.  Make an adventure game. 

Looking forward to learn as well as help out.

You can check out my demo reel as well as some of my past artwork at www.gk-concepts.com

Sallow

Hello everyone, I have been visiting AGS for about six years now. I have been addicted to point and click adventures for a very long time, and after I had finished playing all the abandonware I could get my hands on (even going so far as to searching Russian torrent websites!) I turned to AGS for my adventure game needs.
I love adventure games with really thrilling and engrossing stories! Those are the best!  :=

I should be reading marx right now but instead I am posting in this forum.
 click to help them grow

Privateer Puddin'

oops - I will take this opportunity of posting in the wrong thread to welcome everybody ;)

Bulbapuck

Hi!
My name is Jakob but I'm called Bulbapuck for short.

I've been a fan of adventure games since I was a child playing Sam & Max on floppy discs. And when I discovered this site a couple of months ago I knew that I had stumbled upon a piece of heaven!

Since then I've been trying to create masterpieces on my spare time and I look to finish my eight(!) projects in the summer, hope to see you then!

/Bulbapuck

alex

Hi my name is Alex, which you can probably see already.  I never give myself cool and interesting nicknames because I am too lazy to think of something interesting or funny (broke rule 1 of posting already, but there ya go!)

Anyways, I like adventure games, I can't quite recall my _first_ adventure, there was a game called 3DC but I am not sure if that counts.  Probably BASS is the most memorable one, though DOTT figures prominently in my memory banks.

I've seen AGS over the years and often wanted to make a start but never had the time or reason.  Now as a writer for Pixel Hunt magazine (pixelhunt.com.au for a shameless plug), where my section deals mainly with "old games", I decided to write an old game very loosely related to pixel hunt, in that the main character is a guy who works for "the boss".  Other than that, the game is already taking some wild twists and turns.  I won't give too much away at this early stage, I'm just going to settle in and find a niche for myself here.  *starts carving into rock*

Greg Squire

Hi, I'm Greg and I'm a newbie to AGS. Not a newbie to software development, just AGS. I've been programming since age 14, and I fell in love with Adventure Games ever since I played Zork (and the Scott Adams adventures) on my Atari 800XL.  Some of my favorite adventures are Monkey Island series (I,II & III), Sam & Max series (The old LucasArts one and the new TaleTale ones), & Day of the Tentacle.

Eventually I'd like to create an Adventure Game myself, similar to the old LucasArt's Adventures (like Monkey Island).  It's been a dream of mine for many, MANY, years, and I think AGS (and this community) will help get me there.  I've looked at some other engines a little bit, but it appears that AGS has the best tools and community, so I'm planning on using it. This post might be a little bit getting ahead of myself as I'm still working on another game project (a 2D side scrolling shooter) that I need to get finished first.  Once that it done, I hope to start an adventure game project. (You guys make it look so easy!)

I'm looking forward to conversing more with you guys, and together we'll build some AWESOME adventures together!  See you around. :D

Domino

Takyon

Hi all
I've recently got back into frequently playing adventure games after a very long time of little game playing (around 9 years).
I was doing that whole living life thing lol but now I have slowed down a bit and have really got back into gaming. Sadly I discovered there's not many new 2D point and click adventures but stumbled across Rise of The Hidden Sun when searching. This reminded me how I always wanted to make my own 2D point and click (as I loved the first two Broken Swords and also Monkey Island 3) so I decided to start a large project to make my own.

This is not a rough looking thing I'm trying to make it as professional as I can :D possibly even to sell for a small price and pay anyone that helped make it. But I'll post more on that when I have some screenshots etc...

Hope to post fairly frequently here it looks good.
ghost.

Chabiboy

Hi all,
I'm Chabiboy, a french guy of 19 years old :D

I would like to say that the community that I follow for three days is really awesome, and the rest of the website too !

I love your work, I love everything right here !

In fact, I'm a fan of Monkey Island, and I'm working on a project ! I have made a Alpha Version, avaible on my website : http://monkey-island.c.la

What more ? I love wrestling and ... Informatic :D

Thanks a lot for what you do !

Friendly, Chab.
Monkey Island Lover.

darth mongoose

Hello there!
My name's Kate, I'm an MA Games Design student from England, working on a game with AGS. Outside my studies I'm a freelance artist and designer, and in my free time I like to rock climb and draw comics. I'm a fellow member of IndieManga, the same group as a forum member here called Azure, who was the one who brought AGS to my attention.

I don't have much experience with AGS, but thanks to the amazing depth of the tutorials available, it's really not so bad. As a games design student rather than a programmer, I didn't expect to be able to have something concrete as proof of concept. Hopefully I'll be able to share my short game with you all when it's done. I may need a little advice and help now and again too!

Nice to meet you all!

Andail

Hey there. You'll be the second Darth among our ranks.
You seem to have plenty of experience within the graphics field, looking forward to seeing your stuff.

Cryxo

Hi! I am a fifteen year old british guy who goes around with the name Cryxo. I have been a fan of the adventure game genre since I played Sam and Max: Hit the Road which was about two years ago. I am very much into the LucasArts classics. and I am only just discovering the Sierra games   :o

I have known about AGS for only two weeks now. Me, and a of mine are planning to make a game with this great game engine. So I am really looking forward to that.
I cannot believe that I haven't found out about AGS any sooner, I love it!

A big thanks to Densming who made the video tutorials! A big thumbs-up there  ;D
Currently working on "My Neighbour is a Serial Killer"
with a certain friend of mine called Geork.

Zumi

Hello everyone.
My name is Zumi...and that's obviously not my real name.
...I didn't rip off my name from zumiez, nor am I named after the drinking game Zumi Zumi.
It was randomly created some years ago, and it has nothing to do with the word "zoom".
I'm new.

Xzarixx

Hey, everyone, I'm Xzarixx! I've been prowling around this site and getting games for some time now, and I felt it was time I buckled down and started making a game. So I figured finally making a profile would be a good idea.

I've been playing adventure games for some time now. King's Quest VI was my first, and remains my very favorite. I'm also a great great great big fan of the Kyrandia series. Beautiful, wonderful games.

I'm glad to have finally joined officially, and I hope I will be able to keep this ambition to join the ranks of adventure game creators!
"When in doubt, or in trouble, pick up anything that is not nailed down, and, if it is, check for loose nails or boards. Check carefully into, under, above, below, and behind things. Read everything; you might learn something. Wear clean undergarments, brush after meals, and always remember, nothing is as it appears."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk