Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

twentyfour

Hi everyone!

I'm Twentyfour. I fell across AGS a while ago and again just recently. I was always a fan of Space Quest and at one point was completely obsessed with Willy Beamish(but never bothered to go back and try to get passed that part where Willy is caught by a janitor or something... I don't remember. One day I'll go finish that damn game). Right now though, I'm just enjoying all the new work I'm seeing pop up here done with AGS and all over the place.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with Dimitris Manos and handled all the art and anim for episode 1 of The Exchange Student. I look back and cringe a bit at some of it, and smile at plenty. I had a lot of fun working on it.

So, I'm tinkering with an idea of my own, but I'm mostly here because the community seems pretty cool and talented. Hopefully I'll pick up something here and there.

Seeya around!

oh ok

my name is justin johnson i am a multimedia student operating out of the commonwealth of virginia and i downloaded ags out of love for lucasarts games my dad played that i by association played and because i am interested in the interactive medium itself i am currently developing a surreal exploratory quasi adventure defined i think by my own limitations as a first time ags user (i'm not asking for help but if any of you would like to participate in your own way let me know,) my favorite color is yellow and my favorite food is tacos

Toko

Hey everybody I enjoy Adventure games and feel like it's finaly time for me to create my own, perhaps based around the Cthuhlu mythos or something else entirely...lets see...

I don't have much experience designing games but I am a level designer for two Half-Life 2 mods, but thats something else entirely  ;D  I love the classic adv games like Indiana Jones, Sam n Max, etc, so thats what I'm likely to model my first game after...

Arclight

Hello, everyone. I'm TSC. I was a member here for a very short time a few years ago, and I guess my account was deleted - inactivity, I suppose. Anyway, I hope to be a round a little longer this time.

kjarva

Hi all,

I'm Claire, age 27 from Scotland. I have downloaded AGS a few times but then life in general got in the way and I have never gotten round to making a game. This time round I have AGS, have started on my graphics and I'm not going to let anything get in the way this time.

My favourite games are all of the old lucas classics: SOMI, MI2, indiana jones & FOA, loom and maniac mansion. (As you can see I was never much of a sierra fan!)

Hopefully I will be able to put a notice in the game in development thread once I have done some more work!

Cyklo

I am a swedish human that likes robots (mostly one-eyed ones), webcomic and fanfiction. And ags of course, thou i haven't finished a single game in my two years of using it.
Hopefully I will finish one soon and put it up here.
Also, I am very shy, even on the anonymous internet.

Wesray

Hey, I might as well introduce myself.  :)

I am Jürgen, 30 years old, from Austria. I have played adventure games since I was kid, starting with Maniac Mansion on the NES and later on the PC, then Zak McKracken, Monkey Island 1 and the rest is history as they say. My all-time-favourites are Monkey Island 1, Fate of Atlantis and the Gabriel Knight series.

I discovered AGS in 2004 I think with Yahtzee's X Day a Y games and Grundy's Ben Jordan series, both of which are still among my AGS favourites. In the following years I've played A LOT of AGS games, and I used to lurk on this forum. Only now have I decided to play a more active part in the community. Better late than never, no? ;D

Of course I have also downloaded the AGS editor and tried several times to develop my own adventure game, which failed because of my little spare time but mostly because I suck at drawing. :( But at least I managed to do a short demo game which I used during several workshops at my university, where I discussed Adventure game development with teachers and pupils. So hopefully I'll at least play my part in recruiting new future AGS developers. And who knows, perhaps I will finish my own game some day...  :D
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Destroyer

Hi!
Im Juho, 17 years old, from Finland.
Im Administrator / Owner of Ã,,änivalli music forum.
I love House music.

My hobby is making music, snowboarding and cycling. Oh and also RPG Maker and GameMaker.

This is my latest song.

:)
En tiedä olenko outo, mutta toivottavasti te ymmärrätte.
En tiedä olenko myös ärsyttävä. Toivottavasti pidätte minusta.  =)

LikeTheAngel

Yo.

M'name's Tyler, age unimportant, last name unimportant. I'm mostly here to check out other people's projects. I like listening to music, can't make it well at all, and I'd say Rise Against would be my favorite band. I specialize in writing, dialogue, story, whatever.

I discovered AGS through Yahtzee's Chzo Mythos, actually... so... uh...

Hello forums.

mordock

Hello to everybody,

I'm Nicola Morocutti of ACube Systems Srl an italian company specialized in hardware and software development. Who should I contact to discuss the porting of the excellent Adventure Game Studio to our systems?

Thanks to everybody for your precious help,

Nicola Morocutti

bicilotti

Quote from: mordock on Mon 20/07/2009 21:55:31
Hello to everybody,

I'm Nicola Morocutti of ACube Systems Srl an italian company specialized in hardware and software development. Who should I contact to discuss the porting of the excellent Adventure Game Studio to our systems?

Thanks to everybody for your precious help,

Nicola Morocutti

Bassano del Grappa, eh? Chiedi a CJ, passa con il nome di Pumaman su questo forum. In bocca al lupo -Francesco

discordance

Aha! Now if I'd known about this thread about six minutes ago, this could have been my much-better first post!

Greetings, folks, my parents named me Discordance and I am a young male of the human species. I've been lurking around these forums for quite a while, and playing around with AGS for nearly a year, I think, but I'm just now diving into to the wonderful world of posting. I love stories and I love music, and I have a warm spot in my heart for adventure games. And I would like to defy the norm by stating that I've never playing anything from the Chzo Mythos, but that's not entirely true. I did finally play 5DAS, but only after playing a bunch of other games not made by Yahtzee. Hopefully I've asserted my uniqueness now ;)

humbuk

Mornin' everyone,

My name is Olli and I'm a 29yo German.

I'm here mainly because I want to say "thank you" to all Game-Creators. Thanks for for all the really cool games to download at this page.

And ... hmm ... if you're looking for a "not so experienced 3D-render/animate"-guy, just ask, maybe I can help 'cause I'm always looking for some "real" usage of my software to learn more ;)
And it's also a good thing to give someting back for these fine free games.

That's all. ;D

Jimbob

Hullo.

I've decided I wanted to make an adventure game, after a few years of not making anything at all, and a few years of being mildly productive in Click products and Blitz+. No doubt by the time you have read this I will already be making a nuisance of myself showing you the one-room game I'm going to kick-off with... but don't worry! It should be fairly harmless and hopefully a little interesting to look at.

I have previously made Arena Runner, Shootout, Ork Attack, Hickory and a TIGSource Compo Entry called Fake Pig 2... none of which are adventure games, so may not interest you at all. When I get my homepage up, I'm sure I'll leave the address in my signature... but for now, you'll have to chomp at the bit a little longer.

I've lurked a little while actually on these forums, and recently had an AGS binge playing lots... Spooks, Nanobots, Duty and Beyond, Linus Bruckman, Anna, Ben There, Dan That, and some others. Also a fan of Bernie's games (Reactor 9, Cedric... ) and Yahtzee's (who isn't?) so I've been feeding up on inspiration.

Eventually at some point (but not now) I want to make something of a Neuromancer-inspired adventure, something that Beneath a Steel Sky had with the LINC section but a bit more... clearly an ambitious goal and a long way away, but for now, I'll be happy with a few short adventure ideas that hopefully you'll see come to fruition soon...
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

TheLibrarian

I fair you good day, mates.
Statement: I've played a variety of adventure games, throughout my "Career" as a gamer and a year ago, or so I thought "Hey, why not make one of your own?". However, it turned out my free time was insufficient. Then about a month ago the inspiration hit me again and here I am. You can expect a load of strange, abstract projects from my side of the river.
Concerning me - well, I can't say I'm a nice guy. And, frankly - I don't want to. Heavy sarcasm settled in my everyday life, like a cat in an abandoned facility, full of lab rats.
Anyway, if you're looking for a talented writer, or a not that skilled, yet potentially good coder, I'm your guy. I can also be a good voice actor, but you'll have to get over my british pronunciation (Still, if you're looking for someone to voice a villain, I'm always at it).
Thank you for your attention.

Morso

Hi, I'm David. I' am 19 years old and I'm from Norway. I think i've been on the AGS site before. Some years ago, but I've never looked into it before now. I have never played an AGS game before, so I am finally going to try out some of the games now. I also started making my own game a few days ago, and I want to use a lot of time onto it, study other peoples games and get inspired. Also my graphics ain't that great yet. It's a until now a piratey kind of Monkey Island inspired game, which also is one of my favourite game-series. I also love DOTT and Sam & Max.

I wont be a lot on these forums, 'cause I'm a student and have a lot of stuff to do, but I will be quite happy if someone sends me a message, wanna talk or ask me something :)

Calin Leafshade

I havent formally introduced myself yet and, frankly, my game graphics are pissing me the hell off so i needed a distraction

I'm Steve from Nottingham, England. In my spare time i like to write and play music and play a fair few instruments now, including more esoteric ones like the ocarina and the penny whistle.

I also make pithy youtube videos on the subject of religion and politics.

I also paint miniture models of elves and goblins because i thought my geek cred wasnt quite high enough.

I'm a gamer but missed out the PS2/Xbox generation since i was a poor PC gamer and i used to just steal games from the video rental place and copy them and give them back... i dont do that anymore.

err..

now i own all three consoles but spend most of my time on the 360.. my PS3 has been the most expensive paperweight ever.

My 360 gamer tag is Squire James if anyones interested.. also 10 points for anyone who gets the Squire James reference.

I write a blog over at http://www.thethoughtradar.com and you'll find alot of my music up there too.

I think thats everything... i cant be arsed to read this back to see if ive made any grammatical fuck ups..

Morso

Calin Leafshade, I saw your game on your blog and it looks great! Even though there wasn't much to see yet. But your style and graphics is just what I want to make in my own game. Do you use a lot of time on each picture? Do you draw pixel by pixel? I wanna learn to draw in that old, classic style too :)

kconan

Hello everyone, my name is James.  I'm originally from Virginia, though my company moved me to Asia back in 2004 and nowadays I live in Hong Kong.  When I'm not traveling I like to go boating, work out enough to stay in shape, and of course tool around on my PC.

I'm just here to read the forums and slowly learn how to use AGS and create sprite animation.  Naturally I have a a game idea (semi-educational involving funny moments throughout history), but I'm waiting to start on it until I wrap my head around the basics of the AGS engine.  I've got some experience with programming and no shortage of creative ideas, but I'm a terrible artist/animator.

I did a bit of research into game engines, and AGS seems to be the most flexible with an established reputation/following.  I look forward to browsing around on here, occasionally posting some knucklehead "new guy" questions, and learning more.

Madraccoon

Hi all

My name is Jarkko (Finnish name, try to say it =P  ), but in web/irc i have been known as Madraccoon last 15 years. I am an old-schooler (at least in computer/demo scenes), way beyond 30 now, but still playing, specially adventure games...

I have worked as a 3D artist last 15 years and i have taken part to many game projects before, but now is the first time i started my own project ;D

AGS user now (inventing the wheel again is pointless) ... so big thanks to Chris Jones,people helping him and rest of the community for a incredible job  ;)

This is enough for now, but i think you will hear from me again... :D
(web pages are on their way as we speak...)
Madraccoon...
Odd animal with more hope than potential XD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk