Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Hmm... why not...

Hi there, I am Crimson Wizard, my real name is Ivan, I am a programmer from St.Petersburg, Russia, recently became 27, currently working in a small company, mostly doing outsourcing for mobile game projects (basically: fixing other people's crappy code and silly mistakes, then porting to various kinds of mobile phones).

First adventure games I saw and played were Space Quest 1 and Secret of Monkey Island, it was somewhere in the beginning of 90-ies when my father used to take me and my sister to his work, where they had some 286 or 386 PCs; from these times I dreamed of creating my own adventure games, I had dozens of ideas, but didn't know how to start... or maybe was rather lazy to try. :P
I learnt about AGS in late 2007 and since trying to create games, I had... wow, 3 attempts already, two of them went rather far, but lack of free time and maybe loss of enthusiasm delayed their production. So recently I decided to participate in MAGS competition, hoping that strict rules and deadline will stimulate me. My first game was created nearly in 5 days (I wouldn't like to try that again ;) ) and didn't win, but received quite a good feedback, so I am going to try futher.

Hmm... what else... I can/do coding, I draw funny pixel-art using MS Paint (and Paint.NET recently) and also learning how to draw in GIMP using all these brushes and other dreaded professional stuff (actually my first MAGS game was drawn in GIMP). I can write simple MIDIs.... I have an experience of writing a Bots/monster AI for one 1st person shooter mod.... erm... no, that's rather offtopic :)
That's all perhaps.

Scarab

Greetings AGSers, I've been wandering arount the forums for a few months now, but only just spotted this thread, and have decided to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself... which you've all no doubt been waiting for with bated breath... :P

My name is Alex, I'm 17 and live in Australia, I'm finishing my last year of school and I'm planning to go into engineering next year.

I'm currently trying to convert ags into a tile engine, which is going quite well, and I will probably be able to release the demo game in a few weeks.

This will not be the last you hear of me!

Michigami

i can't remember if i ever introduced myself in the time i've been poking around, so i'll do it now.

da miche is currently on hiatus from all gamework due to a death in the family and relocation, but i've been poking around for about a year or two on and off with a few games, mainly a game codenamed "michiquest" for now, and a sci-fi explore-and-puzzle-solve type codenamed "Projekt 001".  I'm mostly a pixelartist and storywriter, and a freelance novelist in my spare time.  

i'm also a textile artist, and like to translate 8 and 16-bit sprites into crochet and quilting patterns for the purposes of crafting wearable geekery and selling them online and at conventions.

i'm 30, attended the art institute of pittsburgh, and fail at extensive coding.  I am right now borderline lazy due to a headcold, living out of boxes because of moving, and trying to hide my cat from the landlord.

i'm also on deviantart if anyone's curious.
http://shiningamimaxwell.deviantart.com/

Domino

Quote from: Michigami on Mon 12/10/2009 19:48:49
i can't remember if i ever introduced myself in the time i've been poking around, so i'll do it now.

I believe your first post was in this thread.  :)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=28879.msg468527#msg468527

doomtroop15

hey im doomtroop :) nice to get to know all of you hey
batgirl, do you think you could make me some backdrops,
like the ones on manaic mansion,
thay don't have to be good that can be ok what do you say batgirl?
i like maniac mansion on the nes

Lufia

Hm, hi ?

My name is Sandrine, I'm 22 (what's the average age 'round here?) and I live in Paris. I kind of started a game, but I'm still pretty much tinkering with AGS for now. I can manage scripting easily enough but I take far too long to draw anything. So I should have a demo available in roughly 40~50 years.

I'd like to say that I'm a good writer, but my modest talent might not translate so well to foreign languages, such as English. ^^'

Andail

Quote from: Lufia on Mon 12/10/2009 22:31:53
So I should have a demo available in roughly 40~50 years.

For your information, statements like that are not perceived as ironic around here.

Michigami

Quote from: Domino on Mon 12/10/2009 19:55:54
Quote from: Michigami on Mon 12/10/2009 19:48:49

I believe your first post was in this thread.  :)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=28879.msg468527#msg468527

and this is what happens when you're an idiot with a head full of cold medicine and haven't been online in quite a few months.  :P

sorry about that, ^_^;

Derek

Hello my Name is Derek and I'm 14 i came to AGS after i played some games and i figured " Hey why not attempt to make some games " So Thats about it about me other then i live in Las Vegas, Nevada

Madraccoon

Quote from: Andail on Tue 13/10/2009 14:05:27
Quote from: Lufia on Mon 12/10/2009 22:31:53
So I should have a demo available in roughly 40~50 years.

For your information, statements like that are not perceived as ironic around here.

Thanks Andail, you just saved this doomed day  ;D
Madraccoon...
Odd animal with more hope than potential XD

Bror_Jon

Ohh missed this thread... Well...

HI! The name is Jon, the guys on the IRC probably already know that I'm from Sweden, that I'm 19 years old, that I have bad humour, that I make music and that I found AGS in a Game magazine.

Once again, hello to all!
Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

Divon

Hey there.  My names Steve, and I'm 27.  I live in the US (New Jersey), and I've actually been working with AGS for about 5 months.  I don't really know why I never registered on the forums, because I read them a lot.

Anyway - video games are a big part of my life, both personally and professionally.  I own a company called Uplink Gaming.  The company does a lot of different things, but until just recently its public face was a PC and Console gaming center (internet cafe for gamers).  I ran the gaming center for 3.5 years but decided to close it at the end of my lease due to getting a job as a network engineer for a large hospital system in my area.

About 4 months ago I made the decision to take a stab at building a commercial game, since I have a relatively wide range of resources at my disposal, and so I'm taking my company in that direction now.  However I'm doing this currently as a side project, since my hospital job takes up 40 hours a week, and I have a wife who requires my time as well  ;D

Anyway, this is about 3 paragraphs longer than I initially intended it to be...so.....HI!

Eeronaut

Greetings, fellow adventurers and adventure creators.

I'm Eero, age 17, turning 18 next month.
I have always been a huge fan of point-and-click adventure games, especially the early Lucasfilm Games-adventures. I was introduced to the fascinating Adventure Game Studio via Yahtzee's games.

I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here at the AGS forums.
Video games are nice I guess
My website

Oliwerko

Heh, I was 17 as well when I was introduced to AGS by Yahtzee's games as well. Just say it was through Abandonia  ;D

Anyway, warm welcome to all of you, enjoy your stay  :)

MisoSoup

Hello, I'm new  :)

I've just made a little game (although it's a bit rubbish) and I have a whole load of idiotic questions to ask, but I'm too scared to post them.

Anyone else feel the same?

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: MisoSoup on Sun 29/11/2009 14:37:30
Hello, I'm new  :)

I've just made a little game (although it's a bit rubbish) and I have a whole load of idiotic questions to ask, but I'm too scared to post them.

Anyone else feel the same?

Posting idiotic questions is fine (but it's a good idea to use the search feature to make sure someone else didn't ask the same question 2 weeks ago)

Posting little games that are a bit rubbish as well is fine - I do it all the time.

Welcome :)

MisoSoup

Hi Ben, thanks for the welcome  :)

I plucked up the courage to post one of my idiotic queries, and although it quickly became obvious that I am totally clueless, my question was answered quickly by some very helpful (and patient) people

Perhaps it's not quite as scary here as I first thought  :)

Shekerev

Hello, guys!

I'm Nikola, from Bulgaria, currently a CS student, age 23, wannabe game designer :)

Learned about AGS a couple of months ago, love the idea, love the realization and the best thing of all is the living and kicking comunity :)

Kinda gives me the warm feeling that games are still more than next-gen shooters, racers and mmorpgs  ;D

BlueAngel

Hi all and thanks for all the help I’m getting in the Forum!

My name is Maria and I found AGS searching the internet for a way to make a game without knowing how to program or script.
I currently making a game to annoy my brother who promised to make me a game (he knows all about computers).  ;)
First adventure games I saw and played were Kings Quest 1, I think, or Leisure Suit Larry.

I second what MisoSoup said in the other thread: 
(Quote)“I think that maybe there should be a thread (sticky?) for people to post their first games in, so they can get (kindly) criticism and show off their efforts, but folks playing the games know not to expect too much from them”  :D

Although I’m hoping that someday I’ll make a game worthy to be placed on the gaming page!

Bror_Jon

Welcome welcome fellow Swede!

Good luck in your game-making, and remember that if you want help with certin parts of your game, then ask for crew here.

As far as the sticky thread idea, I agree, cause I know my first game is probably going to suck.

Once again, welcome.
Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk