Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubris Incalculable

Hi. I didn't notice this thread before i made my first post (silly me).

I am an 18 year old Canadian who really likes adventure games, though i haven't yet got around to making my own, quite yet (though i've got several ideas floating around up there).

I have played MI 1, 2, and 3, dozens of AGS games, The Neverhood (my favorite ever) and Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.

Mr Dreadful

Another new person here (well, obviously)

Real name is Doug, but Mr. Dreadful is my permanent nom de clavier (there are other Mr. Dreadful's about on the internet but they're all imposters or something)... I'm 31-years-old, Scottish born but lived most of my life in Englandshire. Just taking my first steps with AGS and finding that my computer art skills are pretty bloody poor!
Actually, it's both big and clever...

straydogstrut

From a fellow Scot living south of the border, welcome!

Have fun discovering AGS=)

Sirpunchula

Ello,

I've been browsing these forums for over 6 months now, but never really inserted myself into the community, other than the MS Paint game. I've tried my hand at making games a few times, but got lost in the sea of code. I've found that my main talents are making storylines and some graphics being with computer-type art, mainly working with pixels.

Hoping to get to know you all,

Sir Punchula the Bum [Insert occupation/purpose of existence here].
Pardon my deadpan.

JSH

Hi all, I'm a swedish 24 year old professional game programmer.

I've been playing AGS games for years but haven't had the urge to make one myself until now.

Game design is a big passion of mine, and I can't wait to make an adventure game just the way I want it.

Stay tuned for an announcement when I have some solid progress! :)

Overlord Bob

Hello peoples.

I'm a student currently living in hell (commonly referred to as 'New Jersey'). I started exploring the adventure genre initially with Interactive Fiction, but have since also branched out into graphical adventure games, too. Mostly out of a mixture between boredom and curiosity, I began playing around with AGS about a month ago, and I'm now in the process of creating a fully functional game, which I might get around to posting up on the In Production board eventually...

slesh

Hi!  :)

I'm new to the forum, and i have discovered it by searching indie games.

My name is frank and i'm a 36 years old man.

Hax

Hey, Im Hax. I am 14 years old who just discovered AGS and hoping to try it. I hope Im mature enough to be here.

Atelier

BatWitch

Hello..
growing up I played very few adventure games, but I'm sure if I had found more during the 80s and 90s  I would have played them.

I just played Kuma Story, The Journey Down, and Sydney gets a job today.
They were a lot of fun to play and were a fantastic refresher as to the possibilities of an adventure game.

I hope to be able to create my own adventure game, but it will probably be a long time before I can release my own game, since I just got here today.

I like to draw, and some of my work can be seen here: http://skimlines.deviantart.com/

Pinback

Hi BatWitch, welcome to AGS!
Checked out your deviant folio, great stuff- I would totally love to see an AGS game your artwork in it!

Calin Leafshade

Batwitch, your art is excellent. I love how innocent it looks.

I hope you make a game very soon.

Dualnames

You're very talented. You seem to also have an obsession i have with backgrounds. Empty hallways/buildings and schools.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Harbinger

Hello.

I followed my way over here to AGS with the intent of developing my own game. But I very, very quickly hit a ... block due to talent/knowledge limitations. I don't know how to code and I'm not a very good artist, but I can write. And I don't mean racy fan-fiction.

If it's one thing, I do wish I knew how to draw environments or backgrounds.

From playing one game, I find that I enjoy games with parsing feature.

Volauvent

Like Delta, Yahtzee Croshaw drew me to the forum.

Hi!  I use the same handle in all game forums and folks call me Vol.

I'd been to AGS before and touted its wonderfulness in one of the other game forums I belong to, but kept forgetting to come back.

Then I downloaded 5 Days a Stranger.  Ooookay, that glued me to AGS.

I've been gaming for yonks, but am in no way an expert.  FPS's RPGs, FROGS, iHOGs are my favorite genres with an occasional brainless M3 thrown in when work is driving me up the wall.

I'm a consumer, not a dev, but my favorite game forum is very dev supportive so I'm here to find out more about your world.  The gamers I hobnob with on the 'net are from 27 to 72 (I'm 65), and spend a bloody fortune every month on games from a variety of portals.  Most of us have been gaming since Tennis for Two and Space War, are beta mavens, and some of us can be found in mainstream game credits under our screen names.

I can't contribute much except proofreading and views from the consumer side, but I'll be lurking like a woman on a mission! ;D

Jezni

Hi! I'm Jezni... I feel a little out of place right now. XD

I'm 15, and didn't grow up with adventure games. The only real adventure game I've ever played is The Secret of Monkey Island (which I loved, by the way) and a few point-and-click flash-based games online that I'm not sure count. I'm not good with pixel art and have only ever done VERY simple programming.

What drew me here is the desire to make a game. I've been conceptualizing a game since maybe August, and I'm really exited to make it come to life. I don't have the money for Flash, so I looked up a free program and found AGS. I'm not going in here blind though... I've watched the series of video tutorials that densming has on YouTube and feel like I have at least a very very basic idea of how it works.

I have lurkerish tendencies and find it hard to actually get involved on forums, but I will do my very best, although I may disappear for awhile while I make backgrounds and sprites.

So yeah. I'm here... taking up space. :)

Pinback

Hey Jezni,

Welcome! It's good to see the younger crowd still picking up classics like MI!
Sound like your'e a creative person too, don't worry, you did come to the right place:)

A great place to get involved in these forums would be the Competitions arena. It's a good place
to sharpen your creative skills, and I highly recommend doing a MAGS game (Monthly AGS game competition)
once you have a decent feel for the editor and some ideas for one.

Wonkyth

Good to see you've got good grammar and spelling, too!  :P
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Re1Mu2R3

Oh I've been posting for some time now but I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Lemuel from the Philippines. My username: Re1Mu2R3 because my uber-hot Korean friend used to call me Remur and Remur had already been taken as a username in youtube when I was making an account; so has Remur1, Remur2... So I thought I'd put a number for each syllable instead(R is a separate syllable in Korea.)..

While I have downloaded the AGS System, I don't think I'll be uploading games anytime soon as I have other things to do.

I enjoy playing and reviewing fan-made freeware as well not just in this site but also others like smwcentral...

My favorite games of all time are: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger,  Parasite Eve 2, Chrono Cross, Silent Hill Series, RE 1, 2 and 4, Tenchu series, Breath of Fire series, Fatal Frame series, Terranigma, Hellnight, Alundra series and finally Mega Man 1-6, and Mega Man and Bass..

I'm really enjoying my time here! You guys are brilliant!!  ;)

Bob Bannerman

Hello there,

I'm that new I haven't even tried AGS yet; I have trawled through the forums and watched plenty of videos and read plenty of tutorials. I'm a mac user so I'm kind of  angling in on this one from left-field - tried and failed to use Crossover with AGS so have installed XP into a small partition in order to run it  :-\

I'm nearly 30 and my introduction to computing of any sort was Granny's Garden on the BBC Micro into the mix later on came the Monkey Island and Discworld games. Now that the sun is setting on my youthful exuberance I wanted to try my hand at injecting my humour and macabre mindset into my very own such games.

I know the ultimate aim for me would be to get C++ pouring out of me like a fat guy sheds doughnut juice on a treadmill but until I shoehorn any more information into my estranged brain I see AGS as a fantastic springboard and who knows judging by some of the games I've seen made/in production maybe my lazy arse won't bother itself to move beyond it  :P

I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with this whole concept and waxing lyrical with you fellows about the weather and whatnot.

BB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk