Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Deloria

Hello! I've started feeling somewhat out of place at the forum I called my home for many years (TSL) and this place seems friendly enough, so I'm moving. :) That said, I've technically been here for years. :P I used to be hopeless at adventure games and always used walkthroughs and, I'm ashamed to say, frequently inflicted myself on the hints and tips section. :P Since then, however, my adventuring skills have improved, I've grown up, I've stopped using walkthroughs, I've grown up and I've learned to post with fairly decent grammar. :D I am extremely pretentious, but I like non-idiots. :) And adventure games. :) I'm currently replaying several of them because I'm clinging to my childhood. ::)

Calin Leafshade

Welcome Deloria.

I am Calin Leafshade, lord of the trees!

*swings away*

Lumpupu

Hi everyone!

I'm Lumpupu, from the sunny and warm Spain (well, maybe not on February). I'm 25 and have been reading this forums since 2004, or well, the first releases of AGS, but never dare to register, till now... (yeah, talk about shy)

Well, i knowI'm nobody for the veteran (and aged) ags users here, as Calin, Steve McCrea, Pumaman -godhimself-, Nick Sideris, ProgZmax, Grundislav and everyone of these wonderful people who filled my expectations with games, since the good ol' days of lucasarts and Sierra. Also, thanks to CJ and the forums i discover the talent of Miez, M0ds and many, many people of the low resolution world (and cheers up to Dave Gil for his games!)

Maybe i sound a bit... extrange... odd... or plain freakish, but i feel like i've been in a summer camp with you, cause i laughted, cried, i even was happy for that guy-dont remember- who just got a new kidney! lol

Well, just wanted to say hello to all of you, once for all, and even i have never ended a single game I'm more of an artist-writer-voice actor myself) i wanted to share a bit of my passion with you all.

I'll be stalking (muahahahahaha) the forums as i usually do, but this time i promise writing a little.

Just for anybody interested:
Skills: Character-realistic portrait artist, a bit of backgrounds, a bit of midi music, dialog, funny dialogs, some crazy puzzle designing, voice acting
favourite pixel game: well, love the first MI, but i really loved the humour of the dialogs in The Dagger of Amon Ra (that's serious gaming, Roberta! -never a real fan of Kings Quest Saga... :P) and well, indiana jones, of course! OH, OH! AND BEN JORDAN (wiiii!)

favourite movie: well... thats difficult. Just to be original... i adore Austin Powers! lol and Shawn of the Dead. And all of Mel Brooks, man!
favourite meal: tortilla de patatas (potato omelette)

flaws: ive got terrible memory (maybe the adult ADHD I may have... xD or just absent minded...

dream: make my own game one day (its already fully written, but never goes far an alpha demo... >_<)

Hoping to help someday in a game! See you all!   ;)

Regards,
Lumpupu
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

William S

Hey guys!

I'm William, I'm a musician, and I live in Oslo, Norway.
Always been a big fan of adventure games, and always wanted to create my own.
Downloaded AGS a few days ago, and I'm really having fun with it! ;D
This looks like a cool place to hang around, so I decided to sign up.
See you around!

m0ds

Thanks Lumpupu - that's nice of you to say! :) Welcome to you, and all the other new folk. Have fun

Dualnames

Welcome, m0ds to the AGS forum as well. Have fun here. :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Goodbye Jim from everyone at AGS. Sorry to hear you are leaving forever.

::)

Dualnames

Quote from: Mods on Mon 03/10/2011 22:36:47
Goodbye Jim from everyone at AGS. Sorry to hear you are leaving forever.

::)

I see what you did there. Jackass! :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Mods, Dual. I am going to miss both of you. I wish you could have stayed longer.  :=

darthkiwi

Hi there! I've not played a huge number of AGS games but I've had great fun with a few (most notably Gemini Rue which was fantastic) and I've played a number of older adventure games. I've made a few games myself but with a language called Darkbasic Professional rather than AGS. Also, the community here seems really welcoming and nice and although I can't guarantee I'll be able to post regularly I'd really like to be able to pop in here now and then and post.

Lord Hemlock

Hey folks, Hemlock here.  

I'm new to the whole AGS world.  I've been poking around, and have decided to work on a project, but more on that later.  I'm a long time gamer of many genre, especially adventure games.  I lost contact with them for quite a while, but got back into them when I found this site.  

For a little while, I've been working on Let's Play videos on youtube, but with my college schedule and my 30 or so hours of work, it's getting harder and harder to take the time and record and edit it.  I finished quite a few series, though, so if you're interested, check out the link near the end of this post.

I'm a 21 year old CIS major college student, which means I'm willing to sit through and read lines and lines of code and scripts until I understand it and can use it without any problem.  I'm will fix a problem, even if it has to take me some time.  I guess that just says I'm a big nerd, but I'm proud to be one.

I'm sure there have been plenty of people that say they are willing to take the time to create a game, they jump into the program, get discouraged, and give up.  I'm hoping to overcome that.  I've been carrying a notebook with me wherever I go writing down my story, my puzzle ideas, my characters, my rough (VERY rough) sketches for my characters and rooms.  I'm willing to take as much time as I can to get the design right as I try to poke around and learn the scripting.  Here is where I know I'm going to have the biggest problems.  I can't draw.  I am artistically impaired.  I know I'll need help, I just don't know how I would get that help.  I know I'm sure I'll hear practice makes perfect, and I'm willing to try, but man... I make stick figures look bad.  

But enough of me being all griefy on myself.  I don't have enough done to put this in the "In-Production" forum, so I don't really have a place to let people know about my game...  Let me at least tell you this, it's a humorous game using a Monkey Island style of art and humor.  It involves a crazy mad scientist, his mansion, and a test subject trying to get out.  If anyone is even slightly interested, let me know!  

Oh yeah, and here's the link to that youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/browndj3

I'll see you folks on the threads.

PassionatePatty

Hello all :) Greetings from north pole  :P

10o

Hello every one,

I'am 10o, 28 years old, from Germany

Since my childhood I'am a very big fan of Point n Click Adventures, so I often tought about making my own.
I tried to work with AGs about 4-5 years ago, but lost interesst very fast at that time (god knows why).

But now I'am motivated to create my own stuff.

I'am not learning for making a public game, instead I'am planning to make a private game together with a good friend (I'll take the AGS part).
The game will consist of our insider jokes/storys comined into a ridicoulous storyline, so it wouldn't make sense for others even playing this (exapt other RL friends of us).

I hope I learn fast and I hope I won't post tooo many stupid questions.

Eggie

I have... never been to this thread before...

Hi new people! I am pretty much the big cheese around here but don't mention it to the others because they are jealous.

Bye new people! Be seeing yoooooooouuu

Dualnames

Quote from: Eggie on Tue 18/10/2011 11:14:26
I have... never been to this thread before...

Hi new people! I am pretty much the big cheese around here but don't mention it to the others because they are jealous.

Bye new people! Be seeing yoooooooouuu

You're old, please go away :P:P:P:P

Rakuen

Hey everyone.

Recently found AGS and have been searching/researching the forums in secret.

Hopefully planning to make a game but I do get discouraged easily  :P

Decided to join as everyone here seems pretty mature and fair.

Well, see you around!

Domino

Welcome to the Forums Rakuen.

Don't worry, we don't bite...much.

;)

Tuomas

Nothing mature about this place really, but at least we'll be the right audience to in fact encourage you to fullfil your dream of releasing something, not the other way around! So welcome :D

Darthhelmet86

Hello everyone I am DarthHelmet86 and have been playing around with AGS for a little bit now. Hopefully after I get a bit better at doing artwork I will be able to produce a classic game, until then I shall be around sucking up all the knowledge I can from better people.

I do Let's Plays on Youtube and stay at home looking after my little toddler. This gives me plenty of time to game and attempt to make a game as well. If only I could overcome the fact that I am lazy as all hell. :p

grayer

Hey guys, just downloaded the program and was preparing to write a new scavenger game. Not a techno newbie as I'm a licensed teacher of it. But finally focusing on my personal "craft."  Looking forward to finding some geek tweaks and learning from the pros about the cutting edge as it changes!  It will be heavenly to be able to delve deep into it instead of just skirting the issues like I have to so with my students. Thanks in advance for the FAQ's, they've already saved me a headache!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk