Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

LTGiants2000

LiquidNitrogen, I am interested in seeing what you and your daughter have worked on!

I didn't realize this thread was here either so here is my go at it. My name is Rob I am a 31 year old father of 5 and I live in Phoenix, AZ. My best friends growing up were Graham, Larry, Guybrush, Roger and all the crew (along with an extensive collection of buddies from Nintendo). I am an OG when it comes to playing the adventure games and I have dabbled in creating games in the past however I've never actually created one. I love the fan made & original games that I've seen with AGS and I had to join the community. It's very inspiring to see people start something like this and finish it.

I am a semi-professional (I prefer that over amatuer) voice actor, mostly specializing in corporate and training videos however I would love to work on projects that allow me to be creative and involved. I am a decent writer and I am tech savvy so I could also offer insight or assistance in multiple areas. If anyone needs voices for their voice pack, hit me up! Thanks!

amateurhour

Another wild new guy appears!

Hello, I'm Johnathon and I'm a 28 year old IT Monkey for a very large company that I hope to one day escape from so that I can focus on what makes me happy. Like everyone else born in the 80's I grew up with adventure games, my favorite being Maniac Mansion (NES version). I've always wanted to create a game, and took a few years of C++ programming in college (10 years ago, so don't hold me to it) but I've dusted off the old textbooks and decided that there's no better time to get back into the thick of it.

I founded Pink Pineapple Ink with my wife in 2011 as a place to house our separate webcomics that we create and also as a place that will one day house our massive media empire as we toil away on paintings, novels, comics, and one day a small line of entertaining adventure games. (hopefully)

Between picking up the Monkey Island series on the Steam Summer Sale last year and seeing all the fantastic Sierra talent that's recently come back into the spotlight thanks to Kickstarter, I got the bug to finally jump back into the passion project that is creating an adventure game.

Looking forward to hanging around and hopefully contributing to the AGS machine of awesome.

Thanks!
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

tjohnman

So, I've been lurking these forums for some time now, and since I'm about to make my first (or second, actually) post, I figured I'd do the polite thing and introduce myself here first.

I'm 25 and been into game design and general programming for almost all my life. I've done some work in C++, Java and Actionscript, but never attempted to make anything related to adventure games. Not because of technical impediments, but because I've always had a lot of respect for the genre and poor confidence in my artistic skills.

A couple of months ago I started my first serious game project with some of my friends and began to slowly get the gist of basic game design.

Making an adventure game has always been a dream of mine. One I wouldn't want to kill early because of hastiness or by making sloppy decisions. I feel I've been delaying it for too long now, so I guess it's time to get my hands dirty.

I'm looking forward to see what becomes of all this!

EchosofNezhyt

I'm 20 so I was pretty young when these games (I think) were popular but I like the style and the way things play out there just isn't much like it nowadays and I still have great memories of a few oldies I played.
I doodle in my free time and pretty much all day back when I was in school so I'm not to shabby at it. Right now I'm going to college to be a cop and was joining the army but right before I went to meps I found out I was missing a aims test(Personality test) and some how I failed that so I gotta wait a year. So I'm trying to make a pripyat based adventure game in my freetime.

jannar85

Hi!
I've been hiding in the dark for the last couple of years. From time to time, I've occasionally dropped by to say hi. Still kicking, more or less.

I did the famous ASAP Adventure and Bluecup on the Run, before I disappeared with Roger Foodbelly. A very promising game that's been going on for maybe as long as I've been a member here, on and off. Just like myself.

That's still kicking too btw.

I'm at the moment refreshing my old games, and never-before-seen sequels and other games I found on my old dusty hard drive.

And I decided to come home. At last.

And I'm Atle btw, but you can call me jannar.
27 year old veteran. Still living in Norway.
Still developing Roger Foodbelly.
Still me :)

Welcome to everyone else! If this still is the amazing community it once was, then you're in for a great ride.
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Babar

Hey Jannar! I didn't realise you were gone!

Is your sprite site up somewhere still?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

jannar85

Sprite site.... Hmmmm.. I can't really say that I remember what you are referring to.
If so, I didn't create any of the sprites. I know c_leksutin (I think it was) posted some free sprites.
Sure you don't mix anyone else with me? :)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Babar

I...I guess I may be :(.

Maybe someone else whose name starts with J? Had a website with a huge list of spritesheets from several adventure games.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Adder

Hello all,

My name is Eric and although I've been enjoying AGS and these forums for about a year and half now, this is only my second post. I am an artist and since childhood have had a deep love of adventure games - and a desire to create (at least) one. A friend and I had been haphazardly working on a few stories for some time and when we discovered this wonderful program, we decided it was time to throw ourselves into it properly.  It has been a very steep learning curve, but I am loving the opportunity to contribute to the genre so close to my heart.  I find the potential to mix visual art, storytelling, sound, movement and the more abstract logic that I'm being forced to develop in order to make the code work, truly thrilling. So thank you Chris Jones for this program and all you other AGSers for your unwitting assistance in my teething problems.

For anyone who may be interested, I've recently posted a few 'in production' photos of some backgrounds here:Adventure Game Pictures.  I hope to be able to post on the 'in production' thread in the not-too-distant future, my fingers are crossed.

I am glad to be a part of this community.
Thanks
Eric

Babog

Well, now that I've opened my big mouth anyway, I might as well say "hello." I was a teenager during the Golden Age of adventure games and I still carry my collection of old games with me everywhere I move. I have been playing with AGS off and on since 2004, but only really had the time and energy to start a real game last November. Having a blast!
My day job is in film post-production. I'm also a tribal-fusion bellydancer, and part-time metal chick. I speak really terrible Finnish.
I've been reading these forums for so many years I'm really excited and completely terrified to speak to you all!

Tabata

Hello Adder and Babog!

Hope you have a lot of fun and wish you luck with your projects.
Show them to us as soon as you are ready for it - we always like to see something new  :grin:

Jaffles

Oh! Hadn't noticed this thread before now, otherwise I would've (and probably should've) posted sooner! My name is Cutler and I've been interested in Adventure Games since I was a young'un watching my older sibling play the HER Interactive Nancy Drew games on our old Compaq '97! I'm a cartoonist/student by day and my very good friend (who also happens to be my cousin) and I have been drawing and creating a universe we call "Reon" for now about seven years. We decided we wanted to create a series of adventure games with our characters, and my search for a program to help us achieve that goal led me here. I've met a few of you throughout my ramblings on these forums (Mainly on the help section!  ;)) but it's nice to formally introduce myself, and I hope to make the acquaintance of many more of you guys in the future! This is a real great community you've got going on here, so many great ideas and exciting projects, I don't even know where to start!  :-D

fire

Hello! Been lurking a spell, and finally registered.

I think my first graphic adventure was Larry Vales several years ago, downloaded from Home of the Underdogs. Since then, I've gotten familiar with the LucasArts and Sierra games, the freeware games, and the more recent commercial adventures from Telltale Games, Wadjet Eye, and others.

I'm also interested in interactive fiction and visual novels, the father and ... Japanese cousin? ... of the graphic adventure.

I'm interested in learning AGS and Construct Classic. The End?

AnarchyOpteryx

Hi, total newb here.

I'm primarily a fan of fantasy style adventure games like King's Quest and  Quest for Glory.

No clue how much I'll be poking around here. I think AGS is a pretty cool thing and would like to dabble around with it more. It'd actually be nice to find a group of more newbie people who wanted to work on a project together.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Xionix

I have been on the AGS forums for while, but I did not notice this thread. I love write, mostly poetry and short stories, I also like to read and puzzles, so I think that is why I love adventure games. My native language is spanish and I'm 26 years old. My favorite sport is boxing (Manny Pacquiao is the best) I discover this community some time ago, and I just fell in love with it, is good to see some quality games, and not only that, also the passion of making a game, and how ppl from far away get together to creates those masterpieces. I not discover adventure games as a young age, so my love for them have nothing to do with nostalgia. I just hope ppl keep making these games and AGS keep living forever, and thx to Chris Jones for creating the engine, he create a path that I know ppl will keep walking on it for ages to come.

OG

Aright folks, I'm an indie game maker from the glen. I'll keep you posted  :=

hzibadel

Hello everyone, im just statring ags but i really wanna play the game that is shown on tbe front page of ags site white the download button is there, is seems so cool, please let me know the name of game

thanks

Billbis

Hello dear community ! You don't know me yet, but I have read you from time to sime since I discovered AGS eight month ago. You heard about me only today because I was mainly present on the french forum. Because I am one of these froggies, you will have to deal with my non-native english.  :-[
But anyway, you will heard more about my projects soon...

dactylopus

Well hello there!

I'm a long-time lurker here at the AGS forums.  I've been following a lot of great projects over the years, and have been inspired to work on a few of my own.

I've been a fan of Adventure Games virtually forever.  I used to make my own adventures using QBASIC and Hypercard in the old days, but I was just a kid and never thought I could ever make real games.  Now, it's something I plan to pursue.  I am also an independent musician, and have written the soundtrack to a game in production by a friend.  I look forward to sharing that with you, and more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk