Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Myinah

Hi AGS Community

I'm Myinah, a 25 year old lass from the good old UK. I have been lurking for a while and have enjoyed seeing many games come to fruition over the years. I have written a complete script now myself and hope to learn the magical programming ways and make the game myself.

Great to be a part of the community at last. I look forward to getting to know people and hopefully working on projects together.

:)

Ryan Timothy B

Welcome Myinah
I'm generally always available for scripting assistance, or the nice people in the Beginners' or Advanced programming threads.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Pacifist

Hi everyone,

I'm Chris, a 26-year-old lad from Germany. Been thinking about trying my hand at AGS for a while now, so here I am ;)
Languages are a hobby of mine, so I'll be glad to lend a hand if anyone needs help with translations, proofreading etc.
Also, having recently moved from Windows to Linux, I'm running the current 3.3.0 beta using PlayOnLinux (a front-end for Wine). So far, it's working perfectly, however it did require some tweaking, which is why I'm currently working on a script that facilitates installation on Linux.

Well, that's about all that comes to mind, not sure what else I should say...

I'm just glad to be here and looking forward to getting started   :)

Saltwater Taffy

HI.

I'm 24, I live in Sweden most days. I'm currently studying to be a 3D artist. I love making fun lowpoly things. From characters to environments. I'd like to eventually support myself by doing one of the two. But I also like telling stories and I'd love to make my own games, so that's what attracted me so much to AGS. The format of a point-and-click adventure game is perfect for exploring the worlds I want to create. So that should be fun :D

And, I really want some ice cream right now.

....and steak, lots of steak.

=3

Profanity

Hey, fellas.

Right. I'm 18. I know, I'm at that age where people below it just wanna reach it and people above it usually despise it, because 18 year old are pretty dumb. And you wouldn't be wrong this time, I'm a pretty dumb kid.

I like video games, the point & click adventure games being my favorite. I'm sure I wasn't the only one brought into the scene by the good old Monkey Island. Otherwise, I really just play all kinds of games. Except maybe RTS games that have no TBS parts. Can't be bothered to hone clicking on 'collect resources' speed from 0.5 second to 0.2 seconds.

Mostly enjoy writing stuff, can't ever decide between serious topics and just having a laugh, so am always at this awkward center when trying to write a story. Should really just pick a bloody side. Anyway, signed up on this forum because finally decided to use this AGS thing to bring a story of mine to life and thought that it would help to jump into a related crowd. Can't draw for shit and have some basic programming knowledge, so brushing through the tutorials shouldn't be too hard. And I'll think of something for the art part as I go along. Minimalism sounds lucrative!

Yep yep yep. Hi.

spewnybard

Heya~! I'm Jenjen. I'm 26 and I live in the USA. I'm currently working on learning how to use AGS, but I've worked on making stuff in Flash before and I'm finding it pretty self-explanatory so far. I'm trying to get a degree in Game Art. I enjoy crafting settings and stories that make people uncomfortable in a very personal way. I feel that it's a deeper fear for supernatural horror than just 'scared'.
I run and rarely play a good deal of table-top roleplay games. My favorite of which would be World of Darkness. I've given my players nightmares for weeks and got to thinking maybe I should turn this toward some game design and see where I can go with it.
I *always* need more practice. Feel free to contact me about drawing anything at all. I also livestream drawing when a new episode of the My Brother My Brother and Me podcast comes out. I livestream various games at random times beyond that, mostly League of Legends with strange rules tagged on.

I hope I'll get to know you guys, learn some great tricks and get out a little something to show what I learn in the next few months! :D
Ask me about concept art for horror games. I always need some good atmospheric practice and sometimes you hit a wall.

LimpingFish

Welcome, peeps! ;-D

Is "peeps" still a thing? :-\

Anyway, welcome one and all! Good luck with your projects, and have fun in the community!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Saltwater Taffy on Fri 10/05/2013 23:50:18
And, I really want some ice cream right now.

....and steak, lots of steak.
Uh-oh...
Cravings... pregnant?  :-D 

(I'm always starting rumors)

And yes. Welcome, everyone!

Chicky

Quote from: spewnybard on Mon 13/05/2013 21:42:39
Heya~! I'm Jenjen. I'm 26 and I live in the USA. I'm currently working on learning how to use AGS, but I've worked on making stuff in Flash before and I'm finding it pretty self-explanatory so far. I'm trying to get a degree in Game Art. I enjoy crafting settings and stories that make people uncomfortable in a very personal way. I feel that it's a deeper fear for supernatural horror than just 'scared'.
I run and rarely play a good deal of table-top roleplay games. My favorite of which would be World of Darkness. I've given my players nightmares for weeks and got to thinking maybe I should turn this toward some game design and see where I can go with it.
I *always* need more practice. Feel free to contact me about drawing anything at all. I also livestream drawing when a new episode of the My Brother My Brother and Me podcast comes out. I livestream various games at random times beyond that, mostly League of Legends with strange rules tagged on.

I hope I'll get to know you guys, learn some great tricks and get out a little something to show what I learn in the next few months! :D

Sounds like you will be a fine addition to the adventure game genre! Welcome spewnybard :)

Saltwater Taffy

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 13/05/2013 23:33:32
Cravings... pregnant?  :-D 

(I'm always starting rumors)

Hahahaha!

no.

;A;

spewnybard

Quote from: Chicky on Tue 14/05/2013 00:17:38

Sounds like you will be a fine addition to the adventure game genre! Welcome spewnybard :)

Thanks! :D
I hope to have some actual stuff done with the game I'm working on soon; so I can post it in the forums for feedback.
Ask me about concept art for horror games. I always need some good atmospheric practice and sometimes you hit a wall.

FlyingMandarine

Hi everyone! :)

I'm a 27-year-old Frenchman named Patrice and I'm an English-Japanese-French translator. I've discovered AGS and registered on the forums back in 2007 after having played 5 Days a Stranger. I remember spending hours sitting in my tiny room, looking at the Background Blitz and the AGS Games in Production threads. I never posted anything anywhere because I never felt I had anything worthwhile to contribute.

Now that I've made my first posts (announcing A Poison Green on the Games in Production forum), I thought it'd be time to post in here!

I look forward to talk with some fellow AGS users and I hope I, like so many others before me, will contribute ever so slightly in making AGS an even more lovely place than it already is! :)

Motto

Hi!

My name is Alberto and I am from Spain. Nowadays I am living in New Zealand but I do not know if this country will be the chosen one hehe. I am 28yo and I like play music and write short stories. As I am "new" with the language, I have not write a lot of in English, but I am trying. I understand it perfectly but it is not enough to write a good story.

I like videogames and I wanted to know more about the process of creation, so step by step I have finished here. I would like to start collaborating in some of them and with time maybe developing the mine one. Ready to learn, ready to participate :D

Cheers.

clark

Hey, another new guy here.

I'm 19 years old, living in Maryland, USA. My first experience with AGS was probably playing Yahtzee's adventure games (5 Days a Stranger, etc.), which I instantly loved. Then I played games like Gemini Rue, which also showed that the adventure genre was still alive and well. It's probably my favorite genre of game - the 90s LucasArts games are classics, and I'm fond of the Tex Murphy series as well.

College courses just ended and until I find a part-time job I've got a lot of free time, so I figured I would try to start a project. Making my very own adventure game with this easy-to-use engine seemed perfect. I'm finding it very intuitive so far, though I know I will run into trouble in no time at all.

I'd love to make a full game with this engine, and I think with the help of this community it won't be so hard.

willoneill

Hi everyone,

My name is Will O'Neill, and I'm completely new to AGS. I'm basically an interactive fiction author, but I'm considering using AGS for making my second game (my first was Actual Sunlight, if you're interested) as I may want to put some puzzles and more traditional adventure game type mechanics into it.

I look forward to being part of the community! Seems like a good one.

Brother Orin

Brother Orin Reporting In.
Born and raised in Las Vegas, residing in Reno for five years en counting. Trying to get out of the vicious temp job circle, I've been looking into learning more in video game making, I don't really have the standard video game programs, but My interest(and what has been keeping me out of temp jobs for a while) has been in Character Designs and commissions. I'm hoping to stay here and learn more about video gaming creation since I've been writing some ideas of my own, but no output for them.

UnLady

Hi there.

I'm an architect from Romania (ex-architect wannabe), and a huge adventure game fan since... well a long time ago. In fact I started learning English by playing (and because of playing) Zack McKracken, then Loom, and the first two MI games. And Indiana Jones. Later DoTT and Grim Fandango. After playing MI2 I had decided I want to make games for a living. But life happens and so I ended up being an architect. Go figure.

Lately I have decided it's about time to resurrect that old dream of mine. And here I am. After looking at other game engines out there, it looks like AGS is the thing for me. Even if it turns out it isn't (I'm a total newb, n00b, or whatever the lingo is), this is by far the friendliest community of them all. And I want to be part of it, whether I manage to make any games or not. If you'll have me.

More about me (game-making-related me, I mean): I can draw backgrounds to save my life, I'm useless with characters, hopeless with music and passable with writing. With programming, I don't know, I haven't properly started yet, but I have a hunch I might manage, in time.

My, that was a lengthy introduction. Sorry 'bout that.  :grin:
I think, therefore I am, I think.

Tabata

Have fun creating your adventure game and maybe you might want to participate on the competitions, too.
There are always several going on, like the Background-Blitz for example  :wink:

bertoexperience

Hi there! I'm Bertoexperience, 21 years old and i'm studying engineering. Since a year i have the idea of make a graphical adventure, not really a big thing, 1 room, maybe 2, but at least finish it and make it with a lot of love. Thinked to make it in java but then i discovered AGS :D The forums are f*cking great, a lot of information, let's learn!

BTW, i want to ask how to add the typical company logo to the game but don't know what's the correct forum to ask it, some tip? xD

PS: Sorry my poor english, not my mother lenguage :(

Val

Hello everyone, I'm Budi Lee from Java, Indonesia.

King's Quest I was my very first adventure game. Space Quest been my favorite series.
I really wanted to work for Sierra back then, a dream that'd never be now.

I've actually been using AGS since 2.71 and quite often reading posts in this forum.
It's a cool community and I'm honored to join at last. Nice to meet you all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk