Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Tournk

Hello.

My name is Jaineshon and I'm from Malaysia. I'm still a student and a socialy awkward person. I like making games but I rarely (which translates to - never) finish anything I started. I joined this site because I feel I need motivation to continue making games. I really like using AGS, it's easy to use after a while.
Reaction is always funny.

CaptainD

Hi Jaineshon!  Welcome to the boards, hope you enjoy it here and that we manage to help you find the motivation to make a finished game. ;-D

crossafiction

Hello everyone, I am new here. But I chose this forum because it's faster to get voice actors here. I want respect from you even if you are a  Moderator. After all this is America and what makes America unique is that we accept all kinds of people no matter how  dumb they are or what kind of problems they have. I don't acspect less from people here thank you.

DoorKnobHandle

Hahahaha. Ow, that was a good introduction haha.

miguel

That was indeed a bold introduction!
Welcome to the forums, you shall be respected.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

kconan

Welcome (back?) to the board, which apparently is in America. 8-)

arj0n

Quote from: crossafiction on Fri 13/12/2013 21:54:25
...I want respect from you even if you are a  Moderator. After all this is America...
You got my respect, that's what Dutchies do. Even to Americans :-D

DoorKnobHandle

Quote from: kconan on Sat 14/12/2013 09:51:04
  Welcome (back?) to the board, which apparently is in America. 8-)

AGS has always been an American product. Don't you know what the A stands for? American Game Studio. Chris Jones, born in New York, moved to LA to write AGS as a means to fund his business economics college degree. Currently he's working on American Game Studio Patriot Edition which is exactly like the old AGS except that the splash screen now shows a beautiful American flag. It's going to cost 249,99 US dollars or 149,99 if you're upgrading.

MetuSynth

Hi, I'm MetuSynth - 25, USA, geophysics student.  I discovered adventure gaming about a year ago thanks to "let's play" youtubers Resulka and hercrabbiness, and have been hooked on the genre ever since.  My favorite games include the Chzo Mythos and Blackwell Series, Resonance, and Gemini Rue.  Currently I am learning how to use AGS and hope to complete my own game, Error 43, sometime early-mid 2014.
In addition to science and adventure gaming, I compose and play music (mostly orchestral or electronic), and potentially am interested in helping with game soundtracks.
Destroy. Confine. Rebuild.

Matt Frith

Hi MetuSynth, good to see a fellow earth scientist around these parts (I have a masters in Quaternary Science)  Welcome to the community!

arj0n

Weston_Kaunk

Hello everyone, my name's Steve. (you can call me Steve or Wes, whatever floats your boat) I'm 21,a student at UWP and love game design. I've wanted to get into ags for a long time, finally sucked it up and started messing with the program. Glad there's a community I can come to for help when I make completely incompetent, why-don't-I-see-what's-wrong, mistakes :P. I look forward to getting to know you guys, playing your games, and just learning with a community that loves making games like I do.

tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

Adeel

Quote from: Weston_Kaunk on Thu 09/01/2014 21:40:30
Hello everyone, my name's Steve. (you can call me Steve or Wes, whatever floats your boat) I'm 21,a student at UWP and love game design. I've wanted to get into ags for a long time, finally sucked it up and started messing with the program. Glad there's a community I can come to for help when I make completely incompetent, why-don't-I-see-what's-wrong, mistakes :P. I look forward to getting to know you guys, playing your games, and just learning with a community that loves making games like I do.

Hi Steve. Hi Wes. Welcome to the forums!

I'm positive that you'll really enjoy being a part of this community. The decision to join this community was one of the best decisions of my life and I hope the same will stand true for you too! :)

PS: You said to call you Steve or Wes, 'whatever floats your boat'. What if I told you, my boat can carry both!? :-D

PPS: I know, 'whatever floats your boat' was just a figure of speech. ;)

Weston_Kaunk

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Thu 09/01/2014 23:31:17
PS: You said to call you Steve or Wes, 'whatever floats your boat'. What if I told you, my boat can carry both!? :-D
XP
SteveWes,is also perfectly acceptable.
I'm really excited about getting to work with this program and share with you guys whatever I come up with. I've looked around a bit and I'm really impressed with the work this community has come up with. I think joining this community is going to be a great new chapter in my game making career. 
tldr: I say too much
http://westonkaunk.itch.io/

yamipanda

Hi! My name is Signe. I'm 27 years old and live with my fiancé in Alby, Sweden (suburb of Stockholm). I've messed around with AGS for a long time, but never actually made a game with it. The last games I made were the Punk Allen Trilogy text adventures for Reality-on-the-Norm.
I'm currently unemployed, and spend most of my time playing games (mostly adventures, of course, but also some rpg and strategy), reading, and I have Krav Maga classes two evenings a week.

miguel

Hi yamipanda, I wish you a great time on our forums!
Beware of dancing cows, ghosts, false barons and specially onion sellers.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Janos Biro

Hello AGS world!

My name is Janos Biro, I'm 33 and I live in Goiânia - Goiás, Brazil. To cut straight to the point, I'm graduated in philosophy, but I've also studied theology and sociology. I've made some text games using Quick Basic and Visual Basic, but never used AGS. I wrote papers about interactive fiction, game criticism and games as cultural artifacts. I've also reviewed indie games for a Brazilian specialized site, and translated some of them to Portuguese, including one made in AGS, Keys of a gamespace: an expressive game. Recently, I've been playing as many AGS games as I can, specially the short ones. My favorite author is Pierrec, as I'm captivated by his clever humor, but I'm also intrigued by Ben Chandler's mysticism. My primary interest right now is to learn a bit about the cultural and literary influences of the AGS community. I would also like to understand the connection between textual/verbal narrative and the graphical interface in adventure games. In other words, I would like to know if adventure games can be considered a kind of literature. That's just out of curiosity, I'm not making any research or writing any academic paper about it. So, if you can point me to the right direction or give me a clue, I will appreciate!

My favorite "commercial" games are Portal (1 and 2), Loom, The Neverhood, Botanicula, Neuromancer and Beneath a steel sky. Right now I'm playing Shadowrun Returns (just finished the main campaign and I'm looking for a good user-made mod) and Syberia 2 (just finished Syberia 1) on Steam. I'm not including interactive fictions and other short indie games, but those are my favorites.  I'm also a seasoned PnP D&D DM, but I haven't played in years.

Let me know if I can help you with your game. I have good writing skills and creative imagination. I like to write crazy surrealist (and labyrinthic) stories. I'm also good at testing, revising and reviewing games.

That's all, thanks!
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

SSBFreak

Hello. Just signed up for the boards and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from Canada and I'm 28. I've honestly been fascinated with the AGS software for a while but I only just downloaded it yesterday to give it a shot. I've always loved the point and click adventure games like Sam & Max or Monkey Island and I'm glad that this community is keeping the genre alive despite it almost falling out of the public eye.

I hope make a decent game with this program if I can get over the beginner's humps first. I also fancy myself a decent writer, so if you need some help with scripts, I might be able to give you a hand.

Grim

You're gonna like it here, janosbiro:) And you sound like a really nice guy.

Welcome!!!:)

EDIT: And you too, SSBFreak;) It's easier than it seems at first. I'm not a programmer but AGS just makes it really accessible. Good luck! (and share it once you've got something to show)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk