Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: miguel on Sat 25/10/2014 10:15:23
So when is Athabel trilogy coming out? I hate it when people fail their deadlines! :=

It'll be completed the same times as the Ancient Aliens trilogy... :P  Remind me of your deadline for that?

miguel

Thank you Captain, it's good to have friends who kick you in the ass.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Athabel

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I love 3D modeling so I'm modeling and rendering each scene/room so I think it's safe to say the first game won't be out for a while. Haven't picked a date yet though but I want to aim for New Years. Wishful thinking but I guess time will tell!

miguel

Now that's not much to wait for. Good luck.

CaptainD

Athabel has been very clever here - didn't say which New Years! :-D

Athabel

*cough* Yes! I totally was intending to be clever! *cough* ;)

And of course, looking through everyone's games is delaying me a little lol. It's kind of addicting.

BadMemory

Hi everyone! My name's Asher - currently working for a studio in the UK making Disney Infinity and I REALLY want to be working on something more interesting... But hey, first job and all. I've always wanted to do my own thing so I'm beginning to make a game (you can see the beginnings of it here but it's more of a doodle in Unity right now.

I'd never heard of this forum until today when a google search turned it up. looks pretty cool! adventure games are my favourite genre FOR SURE (Grim, Zelda, Uncharted, Jak, Monkey Island) although I have to admit a big part of me likes third person action-y stuff too.

Anyway, that's me, so hi. I'm gonna go and check out the rest of the forum!

Anpiel

Hello, my new friends online! My name is Verbal but you can call me whatever you like. And I do mean that; having a name like Verbal makes you immune to name calling on most levels. I am a jack of most trades at the moment. I am in Culinary school but I have a strong flare for language and writing. I was born in '97 and firmly believe that I was born in the RPG and adventure golden age. As proof I pose FFVII and Pokemon Red. I enjoy doing most everything that I end up doing, that or I only do things I like. I haven't figured that out yet. My favourite things to do are practicing martial arts, playing with knives, learning, brewing nice tea, cooking, EATING, playing video games with fun stories, reading, writing, watching Horror films, watching funny TV shows, watching anime, tending a garden, playing with animals, and snuggling people. I also work in a Nursing Home and am the second in command of a local anime club.
Angels they fell first but I'm still here

KodiakBehr

guiltl3ss

Greetings everyone,

I am (quite obviously) new here, so I thought I would introduce myself.  I am an avid gamer and budding game developer.  I recently create my own (mostly make-believe) game development studio, though I have very little in terms of skills.  I am working to increase those skills as we speak!  In fact, I will be posting on the forums soon asking for any advice I cang et when it comes to 2D asset creation.  Sprites and such.  My current strengths are story and writing, which seem to go well together.

I'm also a big fan of the Atari Jaguar, for whatever that's worth.

Hope to chat with you folks soon!

Lasca

Welcome guiltle3ss!
Make-believe is both the best make and the best believe there is.

Andras Gregorik

Hi everyone, I'm Andras from Budapest. (Not the Grand Hotel.)

I'm a professional screenwriter, translator and struggling novelist in my 30's who is finally finding the spare time to pursue his boyhood dreams of creating adventure games. I do realize that I'm fairly late to the party, both in terms of AGS and adventure gaming in general. But at least I made it. To the party I mean.

I've known AGS for most of its existence and played many of its better-known (and obscure) titles through the years. I have quite a few stories I hope to tell in a 2D adventure game form myself (don't we all?). As of 2014-15, I'm actually equally interested in learning both AGS and the Unity Adventure Creator, which has a more Telltale-ish favor. See y'all later.

aikex222

Spoiler
Quote from: Andras Gregorik on Thu 27/11/2014 20:52:14

I'm a professional screenwriter, translator and struggling novelist in my 30's who is finally finding the spare time to pursue his boyhood dreams of creating adventure games. I do realize that I'm fairly late to the party, both in terms of AGS and adventure gaming in general. But at least I made it. To the party I mean.

I've known AGS for most of its existence and played many of its better-known (and obscure) titles through the years. I have quite a few stories I hope to tell in a 2D adventure game form myself (don't we all?). As of 2014-15, I'm actually equally interested in learning both AGS and the Unity Adventure Creator, which has a more Telltale-ish favor. See y'all later.
[close]

Hi Andras,
welcome to the AGS community  ;) hope you enjoy our community and we can see your works.

portableTaco

Ello lovelies.  Errm, I'm neeeew.  Well to be certain I had a stroke and can't remember my old username or emails or anything, so I made a new account, so I'm not new. I lied a little.  D=  I had joined in 2003 and hadn't posted anything after 2012 though.

I once made a couple games but nothing too special.  I'm going to make a special game soon though, complete with all of the toppings! YEAH! Look out world.

aikex222

Quote from: portableTaco on Mon 01/12/2014 14:51:27
Ello lovelies.  Errm, I'm neeeew.  Well to be certain I had a stroke and can't remember my old username or emails or anything, so I made a new account, so I'm not new. I lied a little.  D=  I had joined in 2003 and hadn't posted anything after 2012 though.

I once made a couple games but nothing too special.  I'm going to make a special game soon though, complete with all of the toppings! YEAH! Look out world.

Welcome again :grin:

CaptainD

Quote from: portableTaco on Mon 01/12/2014 14:51:27

YEAH!  TOPPINGS!! ;-D

Not sure if I knew you before on here, but either way, welcome back. ;-D

Adventurer 007

Hello,

Just wanted to say that the sign on for the forums was a bit rough.  For us older folk, perhaps a place to just directly call you or for you to call us and talk to validate we are human would be nice.  It is sad that we have come to the point where a 20 questions survey is needed.  In truth it will actually turn away a few folks my age because we don't have time for silly games.

I have been working over game design for a long time and like what I see with the AGS engine.  I am not sure if I will be porting it from C# to base C so I can work on it without using proprietary tools or just building a quick adventure game.  But I am here none the less.  Long time fan of Sierra games and Kings Quest.  Liked what AGD did and wound up here because of that.

As a side note. Is it just me? or does the default font on this forum editor seem a bit small?
(the safari browser 7.1 build 9537.85.10.17.1 seemed to display an odd font at first when I was writing this. After clicking on preview the interface changed a bit and everything is now as I would expect from a forum submit dialogue...)

-Adventurer 007

miguel

What do you mean not having time for silly questions? Are you that old like the end is near or something?
Welcome to the forums

Andras Gregorik

Quote from: aikex222 on Sun 30/11/2014 04:30:25
Spoiler
Quote from: Andras Gregorik on Thu 27/11/2014 20:52:14

[close]

Hi Andras,
welcome to the AGS community  ;) hope you enjoy our community and we can see your works.

I've actually fallen in love with Unity 4.6 in the meantime, and decided to make my first (semi-pro) 2D adv/rpg in that engine. AGS is great and I'll probably return, but I couldn't escape the indie allure of that trendy IDE. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk