Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Quote from: Adventurer 007 on Tue 23/12/2014 00:59:30
Hello,

Just wanted to say that the sign on for the forums was a bit rough.  For us older folk, perhaps a place to just directly call you or for you to call us and talk to validate we are human would be nice.  It is sad that we have come to the point where a 20 questions survey is needed.  In truth it will actually turn away a few folks my age because we don't have time for silly games.

-Adventurer 007
We've been expecting you, Mr. Bond.
I see you passed our little... test. It seems you are a capable man. I trust you are forgiving, too.  My associates and I welcome you to our humble underground lair. Do make yourself comfortable. Check out the recruitment board for... Oddjobs, and by all means ask in the technical forums if you have a... Q. But, please, Dr. No double-0 posting and the door marked Pussy Galore is my private quarters.

miguel

Good old Pussy G. Ah, what memories. She still has a couple of great moves in her, Mr.Bond, even if half the forum has shared Mr.Stu's private quarters, but that's a different story.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Andras Gregorik

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 23/12/2014 12:30:30
Quote from: Adventurer 007 on Tue 23/12/2014 00:59:30
Hello,

Just wanted to say that the sign on for the forums was a bit rough.  For us older folk, perhaps a place to just directly call you or for you to call us and talk to validate we are human would be nice.  It is sad that we have come to the point where a 20 questions survey is needed.  In truth it will actually turn away a few folks my age because we don't have time for silly games.

-Adventurer 007
We've been expecting you, Mr. Bond.
I see you passed our little... test. It seems you are a capable man. I trust you are forgiving, too.  My associates and I welcome you to our humble underground lair. Do make yourself comfortable. Check out the recruitment board for... Oddjobs, and by all means ask in the technical forums if you have a... Q. But, please, Dr. No double-0 posting and the door marked Pussy Galore is my private quarters.

Excellent, witty writing in mere 3 lines, Stupot. If your 'Hen Man Origins' game is gonna be half this good, I'm in for a blast. (nod)

.rhavin

newbee introduction... well, why not? ;)

I'm .rhavin, started programming on Atari 1040STF in those old days where 1MB was huge and friends asked you: "20MB hard drive? You're not going to fill that in your whole life!" Im one of the very few germans that did a complete and total refusal of military service (wich has been a crime then). I'm a musician also, play bass (7-String: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPVsbamds8I), have my own little studio, did about 100 TV shows in Berlin local TV and played mansion, zak, indy etc. when they got published. I'm one of the few to still own a real GOR-COIN.

I currently work as an audio technican here in Berlin, got certified as Enterprise & Server-Admin (MCITP), code in Java, c++, Perl and work with cubase, photoshop, gimp, editplus.

I have lots of ideas for games but currently still lack a good engine to realize them. I tried JMonkeyEngine and have aa project in development there but it seems like my good old aged computer is still to slow for my ideas to work, so i wait for the 2015 price-drop. I did a lot of pen&paper RPGs, played lots of solo computer RPGs but could not get acustomed to games where it all depends on the money and time you spend.

I'm a non-smoker-sometimes-doper and left-wing-better-world-utopist that likes good whiskey (connemara single cask), good black beer (guinnes) and a good verbal fight with intelligent people.

Adventurer 007

Stupot+:  Well said Sir.  And thank you for welcoming me to the forum.  I assure you as a man of my profession, my needs are well provided for, and I need not interfere with established relations.

migel: To address my former comment on the 20 questions; If I have just finished off a 10 hour day reading an annual report, the last thing I want to do to unwind is to have to go through an exam to prove that I am old and capable of the use of intelligence.  It is a sad state of affairs when trolling spam bots and, well, the less enlightened force us to use such measure.  Unfortunately the motivation to "become" part of a group has to be there in and above being willing to share intellectual opinion on an open forum in order for that comment to be received.

.rhavin:  Welcome to AGS!  Its great to see the community continually gaining such talent.

Hopper_Tabby

Hey there,

I'm Hopper and I've recently decided to try and get into making some games. I'm almost twenty-four years old, an English major, and an aspiring writer focusing on poetry, creative fiction, and scripting. I'm a bit of a culture fanatic; I love having long conversations about film, music, television, performance art, writers, comics, table-top rpg's, anime; you name it, I've invested a lot of time trying to absorb it directly into my grey matter. I live in a gloomy industrial town in the American Midwest that is overcast 75% of the year, and that's all I really have to say about that. I used to be in a bunch of metal and hardcore bands throughout high school, and was in choir throughout my schooling, so I have a pretty wide amount of vocal control and a tendency to slip into impressions without warning. I have ten cats, a deep rooted interest in the occult, and am on an endless quest to literally scare the crap out of myself in some dark corner of the web. A lot of my interest in game design, as of now, lies within the writing and creative direction aspects as it's where I feel the most comfortable, but I am incredibly eager to jump into the more technical aspects and start making something interesting. I feel like I'm just rambling off things to increase inflation in my cyber-bulge, so I'll stop typing before I wind up with a biographic essay. Nice to meet some folks with similar interests in the independent creative field.

Gurok

Ten cats?

*bows*

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Hopper_Tabby

Quote from: Gurok on Mon 05/01/2015 06:59:51
Ten cats?

Yeaaaaaah, that kind of gradually happened. It's not as overwhelming as it seems on paper as long as we're all on top of things. I live in a urban area where there's a lot of short leases and frequent moving. This means a lot of pets get left behind, unfortunately, and I've found kittens on several occasions that I just couldn't leave outside alone...then they started adding up.

But anyway, thank you. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and crankin' out some work.

Lasca

Welcome Hopper! Hardcore playing, horror loving cat enthusiasts are always a welcome sight!

shynra

Hi Everyone

Im Shyrna, been a long time adventure fan - started with the neighbor lending me monkey island + RAM expansion for the Amiga and been playing ever since. Always wanted to make my own game so have just started with AGS. I have a basic game up and running but needs a lot more polish before the public can see it!

I'll probably be asking for help and advice - try to help others if I can - and in general discussion I'll read and may jump into discussions especially if videogames/anime/board game related :)

KodiakBehr

Welcome!  Looking forward to seeing your first title!

Queen Kara

I'm sorry for not being here. Stuff happens. I'm pretty busy these days but I'll still try to check things out regular since I still have this account and I'm back.... I have a new laptop and that's how I'm able to access the internet. Sam - ( my old laptop ) died. I haven't used a pc in a long time even though I still have one I haven't poked around in there for a looooong time and I've been away from these forums far too long. Wow. I haven't done any art on Tyrone - ( my new laptop ) - yet. I don't even have my fave art program installed but I've been considering installing it and trying to get back into creating games and working on art. To everyone who gave even the slightest crap about me , considered me for their projects, and sent me kind messages...thank you. I am happy to see we're at page 46. Thank you everyone for making games and posting in this thread. I've been going through things and downloading new games and older games that I forgot what they were like so it's like playing a new game anyway.....

As people could tell from older posts, I'm better at speaking German and understanding some of it better than I am at spelling the words. Sorry about that.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Babar

Oh wow! Welcome back, QK!
I never got around to the spoof game I PMed you about all those years ago, but it is nice to see that you didn't disappear :D. Hope to see something from you in Completed Game Announcements at some point soon!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

ViKing Games

Hello! I actually joined a few days ago but only saw this topic now... so here I am. :-\
I've done smaller, non-adventure games for jams like Ludum Dare, but I haven't yet gotten around to making a full game; planning isn't exactly my strong suit. Expect me to make some adventure games more similar to Myst or Shivers than AGS's traditional style, I very rarely play adventure games with visible characters.

See you around! ;)

jahnocli

Registered a few days back, so thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm an old geezer, been involved in art and design stuff for most of my life (with a bit of programming thrown in in the later stages). Live in the middle of the UK. Interested in using AGS to make a oouple of LucasArts-style narrative things -- may even turn into games! Done all 44 of desnming's tutorials (phew!), so I guess I've got no excuse but to get on with it. You'll probably see me around the forums moaning or asking for help on a regular basis...hasta la vista...
Life is a puzzle, a quest and an adventure

CaptainD

Greetings ViKing Games and janocli!!  Look forward to seeing what you come up with (and intrigued to see how ViKing animates his invisible characters (roll)).

HanaIndiana

Welcome jahnocli! Nice to see a fellow tutorial fan :)  Hope to see your art style in the future!

Meshle

I joined a few days ago but only just saw this post. I've never made a game before, though I've always wanted to, and after struggling with RPGMaker for a few weeks I gave up and decided to try out AGS. It was a pretty involved process...I run a Mac but ran into some bugs when using Parallels, so I had to suck it up and install Windows via Boot Camp. It's been pretty smooth sailing since though; I've just been fiddling around and clicking through tutorials, trying to get a feel for it. So far, I like the engine way way more than RPGMaker haha.

Anshinin

Quote from: Meshle on Tue 10/02/2015 08:03:49
I joined a few days ago but only just saw this post.

Same here haha, didn't even notice this. I've already made a few posts but in the introduction-y spirit I found this forum through using AGS on my first game I'm making. Which is based on a webcomic called zQuest I run. I really like the program and I'm getting used to the scripting now, though I'll prob still make some posts for help.

I also have a Zelda Link to the Past romhack I've been working on for about a year or so called Oracle of Secrets under my rom hacking pseudonym "moegami"

So yes, I usually don't get involved with forums ever, but I like this place :grin:

kelseyr713

Hello everyone! I'm a big fan of a lot of games made in AGS and thought I'd sign up (and maybe even try my hand at it sometime!). I'm the Editor-in-Chief of an all-woman run gaming site (NerdyButFlirty), and I also stream with the StreamFriends. And I've listened to all of Blue Cup Tools, hehe.
NerdyButFlirty.com
StreamFriends.tv
kelseyr713.rocks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk