Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

Welcome, new members, and happy posting! ;-D

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

actualwiazrd

Hi guys, I've stumbled around this place a few times before, and thought I'd finally sign up after going through the AGSbook.pdf tutorial one weekend instead of preparing for uni...and holy shit it's really fun. Just about done with my first game (basic room escape, featuring my cats). It's cool.

It's also nice to see a forum that is still alive! Every single one I was on in high school (which wasn't too long ago, sorry!), is now dead. I just finished Gemini Rue, which kinda spurred me to check out the site and engine again (it's been sitting in my downloads for a LONG TIME).

So yeah. Hi. Intro. The end.:grin:

Gaucelm

Hi, Gaucelm here, I have been registered on this forum for quite a while but never introduced myself... so here.

I am French, but mostly grew up in South-East Asia. My favorite genre of games has always been graphic adventure games, and in my preteen days, I first played Police Quest, Gobliiins, Gobliins 2, Day of the Tentacle and Lost In Time, which were enthralling experiences to me.
Later, I would go on to play Monkey Island I & II, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the Leisure Suit Larry series and Gabriel Knight III & II (yes, 3 before 2).
Side experiences also included Chronicles of the Sword, Museum Madness and Down in the Dumps (that I have yet to finish). And more.
I have now access to more and more adventure games; thanks to many websites, I have gotten a load of adventure games (plus other types of games) but I can hardly decide which ones to play, to keep on playing, to finish, etc.

I have had the idea to create my own point-and-click adventure game, and have learned about this  website for years. Other arrangements took away my attention, but recently I am trying to organize myself.

I am an artist, and I draw, do illustrations, comics, and animations. I intend to put that into use here...

Davi Vasc

Hello everyone :)

My name is Davi Vasc. I have been lurking around here and decided to make an account and present myself. I grew up playing point and click adventure games like Monkey Island, and even though I have no intention of creating games of my own, I am eager to play some AGS games, interact with the people that make them, and mainly: collaborate on some projects as a music composer!

Nice to meet you all.
-------
Davi Vasc - Music composer
http://www.vascmusic.com/

MyEakinBack

Hi all, I joined several days ago and also didn't see this thread. So thanks to Davi for pointing it out! I'm certainly no spring chicken, but have loved adventure games forever. The short story is my kids grew up and gave me back some free time. I then discovered old adventure games through GOG. And that led me to grab a bundle of games from Wadjet Eye (Gemini Rue, Resonance, etc. - you all know). And Dave Gilbert with his comments at the end... "We used AGS". What! what the heck is AGS? Of course I discovered a wonder of nature here. We live in a world where you can create your own games in a fraction of the time! Where have I been? Who would have known? Oh, did I mention those kids going to college? Anyway it's great to be here and to have a place to explode with a lifetime of creative energy! I will be making games for a long time to come - let's hope. (nod)
completed: Beyond Eternity

Amayirot Akago

Hey all! Amayirot Akago here, long time gamer from the Netherlands. Been aware of the AGS scene since the early days of Rob Blanc and Larry Vales, but never really been inclined to try my hand at creating something myself. That is, until hanging around some fellow enthusiasts on Twitter like Ben Chandler, Francisco Gonzales, Troels Pleimert and Frederik Olsen compelled me to give this whole thing a shot. That aside, I run a blog where I occasionally review games I've played, and a Youtube channel where I do video reviews on stuff that I like, whether it be video games, movies, TV shows, or whatever else I feel like covering. Nice to meet you all and hope we can get along :)
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

xzebx

hello i am saad from pakistan

newbie for now at using ags.

i feel like learning (roll)

SkyWaalkes

Hey all!

I've been visiting the forums on and off and dabbling in AGS since 2009-ish, when I heard about Heroine's Quest and the QFG2 remake. Been adventure gaming since I was a kid but these days I'm mostly into the Quest For Glory style adventure/RPG hybrids. The new ones that are coming out have been awesome! I decided to finally join the forums. Really need some help on my background art.

I look forward to being a part of the AGS community! :)

G.o O.ut A.nd T.ry

Hello, I am quite new here. I hope we will all get along. I am a RPG-maniac, by the way, so if anyone likes old cRPGs or new ones, feel free to talk to me.

EDIT: How the Hell did I forget to mention this? I was playing AGS games before I even knew what AGS was. Games like A Tale of Two Kingdoms, and the Chzo Mythos series.

Noto

I never realized how odd it is for me to introduce myself in an online public forum. I'd like to delete this post if I can, it looked pretty bad to me in retrospect.

Mathias

Hi there. I've been lurking these forums for the better part of a year before I actually signed up.
I turned to AGS as a means to tell stories as I recon most of the guys and gals on here. I loved the "old" Lucas Arts games that exited a younger version of myself in the early 90-ies. After quitting raiding in WoW that has been taking up my gaming activity since 2008 I rediscovered the beauty of point and click adventure gaming and now working on bringing this story to Life that I have had in the back of my head since 2004 as a point and click adventure game. I'm proficient in 3d software such as Cinema 4d.
Cya all around at the forums.

LimpingFish

Welcome, welcome, one and all! ;-D

If you have skills to offer, stop by the "Offer Your Services" thread and let people know what you can do. Make sure you read the board rules first, though!

Have fun!

CatPunter

Hello!

I'm CatPunter, a freelance artist currently working on Gurok's "Kate and Shelly Stick Together" game. I've done work for bigger names on cardgames and conceptart so it's been nice to do something very low stress and rewarding as basically making every asset for a game project....okay a little stressful, but still! I've been forced to sign up since he's not very active in his own thread and I want to change that. I'm also available if you have questions or comments about things related to the game or art, so don't hesitate to message if you want to.

Thanks!
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

RickJ

CatPunter: I like cats better than people and so I find your nick a bit off-putting.

LimpingFish

Quote from: RickJ on Sun 28/06/2015 16:02:23
CatPunter: I like cats better than people and so I find your nick a bit off-putting.

Maybe it's actually a name: Catherine Punter? ;-D

Welcome to AGS, CatPunter!

CatPunter

Quote from: RickJ on Sun 28/06/2015 16:02:23

Oh no, sorry! It's a bit of an injoke. My cat is really weird (ie stupid) and when I swing my feet back and forth at the computer desk he rushes under so he's right in the path of my feet and just...lays there haha. If I stop he starts screaming at me. I just find it really funny and use it as a username because of that. I don't actually punt cats!   
Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

RickJ

Catpunter: Hehe!  I am so relieved to hear that.  We have 7 that we took in off the street and  they are beloved family members.  When I first saw your nick it made me think of Max the cat.  Anyway welcome to AGS.

haroldw

Hello all, I'm haroldw  - Like other newbies, I've been playing AGS games and reading the forums for a few years before joining.   UNfortunatley I'm sort of one of the those spam-lite guys, that you guys hate.  BUT I also have a legitimate reason for joining.  To comment on games that I've loved and let those developers know that their work deserves the highest respect.

At some point in the future, after a decent number of posts, I'll post my efforts - IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD (see, I get it).   
By the way, I did not use any engine, decided to do it from scratch but AGS was one engine that I seriously considered. Basically because of playing Adventure Island  (before that, I didn't know AGS could produce Hi-Res stunning graphics).

AnasAbdin

Hi haroldw and welcome to the forums ;-D

Don't worry there is no hate in here at all. Only a little misunderstanding which will be forgotten in 3.14 nano seconds. I surely hope to see your future projects when they are ready to be presented in the suitable sub forums.

Best of luck!

haroldw

Hi AnasAbdin, congratulations on the Anastronaut/Moon Hopper series. Good luck with Tardigrades on Steam Greenlight.  I have to get myself up to speed on
how it all works.  Afraid I don't know much about these indie-distributers and voting.  The floating ice mini game in the trailer - great old school idea.
For now I have to settle for Dexter Morning routine.   With Dexter, I can see you are creating new game concepts, for me I would define this as an Art game     because it has that feel about it. It's fun to play.  I haven't actually won yet. but I got that pesky mosquito. Also recommended it on the games page.

Moon Hopper looks very intense.  It's impossible to give a take on it without playing it but I think the trailer does show that it's an intense and intriguing game. rather Epic.
Hard to believe you're able to just crank these things out.  I think it's hard to hold the public's interest without a dead body or zombies running around.  I didn't see any in the trailer so I assume you and I are relying on other techniques to hold their interest - I find this very difficult.

Sorry for so many words, but I know hard people work to create these games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk