Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Stromvin

Thx Anas for the nice welcome,
well i already have 2 of 5 chapters of a little story, but there are still soo many little things to optimize...
oh and its in german so far ;) so ill have to do a translation too.
There is another project, but while being made with AGS its not an adventure game.
<iframe src="https://itch.io/embed/42168?linkback=true" width="552" height="167" frameborder="0"></iframe>

HoloGrm

Hi! Im am a guy who decided to join this forum to help with others projects and maybe my own own one day! I have been making music for over 5 years and love game soundtracks (i am most inspired by Tomas Dvorak and his work with amantia design!)

And that is about it...

Stromvin

Then Welcome HoloGrm, Im pretty new to the forum as well, but since no one of the ancients replied i just did it myself ;)
Maybe you will be able to "show" us some examples of your work in the future, looking forward to it.
Greez Stromvin
<iframe src="https://itch.io/embed/42168?linkback=true" width="552" height="167" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Retro Wolf

Stromvin

SestunaShadow

Hello,

I'm SetsunaShadow, or at least i usually use this nickname sometimes :P.

I want to introduce me, I'm a guy, currently 28 years old (maybe too old to make simplier old adventure games), from Barcelona (Spain).

Since I was a child I played a lot of adventure games, mainly the Lucas Arts ones. And i did a lot of fan games on RPGMaker on my day, and recently i tried a little the unity engine but the level of coding there it's too much for me. I know some basic stuff and I can understand the majority of the code (different from doing it yourself :sad: ). But I always was looking to make adventure games. I found Visionarie studio and I didn't like that too much. Then I stumbled on AGS when i was waching Yahtzee19's youtube channel and after doing the basic tutorials and reading a bit of the manual, I finally decided to register on the forum and introduce myself.

So anyways, thank you all and I hope to stay here a long time (At least my free time).

Goodbye.

Jack

Hey all,

Adventure games captured my attention and imagination at a young age because of their freedom. Over the years I've started a fair few projects that were never finished, and posted here on and off, mainly to get critiques of my early work.

Last year I finally decided to start something with a more manageable scope and size, and outlined an adventure game which I felt would take me about three weeks to complete. About a year later I finally finished my first game, which mostly caused people to recoil in horror at its adult content.

Though I have many ideas, I'm having some trouble coming up with my next game. I have no plans to work in anything other than AGS for the foreseeable future, so you all are stuck with me.

harima

Hi everyone,
I'm Alex, an Italian adventure game fan since 90's
I think I played most of them and i fall in love with the pixeled 320x200 games
so, I started to "program" in AGS since some years but I never have the courage to inscribe me at this forum that I read sometimes, expecially the game in production posts.

I hope you undestand my english and... enjoy my experiments :)
If you don't get bored, it should work maybe.

Cassiebsg

Welcome Alex! :)

Hope you share your experiments with us! ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

A big WELCOME to all our new members! :cheesy:

Kagama

Hello.I am new and as you can tell I am Kagama.Slowly getting the hang of AGS to create my own adventure.I like the creative aspect of it and is currently working on a gothic setting game-with a certain dark and irreverent comedic touch. Happy to be here:wink:   Already got help by a kind person so look forward to be able to connect with others:wink:

Retro Wolf

Welcome to the AGS community Kagama!

Kagama

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 24/12/2015 22:19:23
Welcome to the AGS community Kagama!
Thank you Retrowolf☺

Funkpanzer

I've been here for a few months but thought I should properly introduce myself. I'm an artist and composer that has been wanting to get into games for the past decade and decided to start with AGS, mainly due to my undying love for adventure games and pixel art.

So far I'm really enjoying learning how to code from all of you and genuinely love how supportive this community is! ;-D Really looking forward to finishing one of the three games I've started since I joined...

e. Here is my music if anyone's interested: http://music.charlietwitch.com/

Retro Wolf

YORiso

Hi everybody, im a pixel artist and i have already participated on one P'n'C, Freak Chic last month. Currently, i'm working on graphic assets for a megadrive platformer and a P'n'C with Atavismus.
I' m a gamer since 1980 and i love the lucasarts gold age.
I make "retro video chronicles" for fun on my youtube channel, about all machines: amiga, amstrad, msx, etc...

Adeel

Welcome, YORiso! Looking forward to see your projects. :)

superfoley

Hi!

I am Foley, Superfoley :)
I am a fan of many types of games. My favorite is RPG, MMORP. Like DnD and Heroes 3.

I am a good actor, when playin in real live role play games than I am very happy.
Nowadays I am playing in real live escape games.

bad-and-ugly

Hello everyone [=
I'm Bernardo, I study film in university. Some friends and I are making our first game for a art direction class. It's due March 29th, we'll only make a short demo. I came to the forums to find out if it was possible and how to make an NPC follow the player character. I found FollowCharacter in SetCharacterProperty in the manual.
Hugs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk