Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezelion_the_Ironclad

Well greetings to all who may read this. I use the handle Ezelion the Ironclad, but people usually call me Ezel.

I'm (at time of posting) 20 years of age and in college working towards a degree in Journalism. My ultimate goal is to become a games journalist and author. I picked up AGS because I feel that adventure games are one of the best ways to convey an interactive story, especially compared to an fps, visual novel (usually less interactive than other games), or RPGMaker game. That is not to say that I dislike those forms of games, I actually love them, but when I think about some of the best stories and personality in games, I think of things like The Monkey Island Series, The Blackwell Series (barring that awful finale :angry: ), The King's Quest series (usually), etc. Once I get a handle on how AGS works, and find someone to do art, then I have what I think is an ambitious goal: A game that revolves around three characters with drastically different abilities, who are bound together by *Spoilers Redacted* and have to *Spoilers Redacted*.

I look forward to chatting with you guys and finding some great people to toss ideas around with! :grin:

Danvzare

Hello Ezel, and welcome.

Good luck with the game you have planned. Although may I suggest that start with something a lot smaller and easier. You generally want to improve your skills and understanding of the engine, before you take on a big project.
It's just some friendly advice though. Feel free to ignore it. :-D

Ark

Hi!

9 days ago I've downloaded AGS and started working immediately. I thought I will have a tonne of questions to ask here, but so far I manage to find everything I need in the manual and the forum itself. Tutorials are very useful too. I think I'm doing good, considering that 9 days ago seeing words "if" "else" and "function" in one sentence was enough for me to fall down and loose consciousness (laugh) . I hope I'll be able to finish the demo soon.

My real name is Alex and I'm happy being here. Big thanks to the creator of AGS and everybody involved! I'll do my best to use it in the most awesome way I can! :-D

Fitz

I remember that feeling: first lines, first fuctions working as expected... :) Magic!

Best of luck with the demo!

CrashPL

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 06/04/2016 00:10:44
I remember that feeling: first lines, first fuctions working as expected... :) Magic!

I remember my first crappy (but working) two-room demo, with hastily drawn and animated sprites, crammed full with almost every thing imaginable (even some FMV cutscenes), just for testing and practice purposes. Ah, the jolly time of Christmas 2008... shame I didn't download it earlier! (I was aware of AGS since 2004, when I played good ol' Pleurghburg for the first time).

Welcome aboard Ark! Good luck with your productions! ;)

Ark

Fitz, CrashPL, thank you!

Yes, working on AGS still seems magical to me. Some function names in the manual look like spells from Harry Potter. Which is good - "mystery is important" :-D .

misccccc

Hey guys. I'm not that new here, though I couldn't remember my old account name.
I'm kind of starting to wonder if private messaging is locked unless you have a certain amount of posts. I've PMed a few people I'm kind of sure should've gotten the message by now :\
Anywho, hey guys :P

CaesarCub

Hi there.-
I kinda suck at introductions, but here we go.

My name is Cesar, but I have been CaesarCub over the net since the previous century.
I have been a fan of adventure games since I got my first computer, and I'm one of the weird ones that think of Loom as one of the best adventure games of all times.
I studied art in college and did some programming as a hobby.
I have toyed around with AGS for years, and lurked the forums for a long time, but I finally got around making an account.
Most of the stuff I have created have always been of an adult nature, so I always felt it weird to post them around in a public forum like this.

Here's some of the art I have done (all SFW).

Spoiler

[close]

Hugs.-

kconan

I like "Bard & Barbarian"!  I'd be curious to hear their story.

Welcome!

CaesarCub

Well, the only other thing I did about them is this small strip:

Spoiler
[close]

I never got around to flesh them out more than this.
They only exist because I got a song stuck on my head Bitter Water by The Oh Hellos.

Danvzare

Welcome to the forums CaesarCub. :-D
We have pie and we have juice, although I'd advice you to avoid the pie... and the juice. (laugh)

AnasAbdin

Welcome aboard CaesarCub!
Love the pixels  (laugh)

CaesarCub

KyriakosCH

I just wish to state that the AGS engine is PHENOMENALLY good.

Regards.

You effectively made it possible for people to create their game, provided they feel like using some talent.

8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

luisdementia

Hey there. I didn't notice this thread before.

My name is Luis, and I am an aspiring video game writer. I've always been an adventure game fan, and I finally decided to register here, to become a part of this amazing community. I also compose original music.

Take care! :)

Danvzare

Welcome to the forums Luis. :-D

I wish you luck in your video game writing endeavors.
Being able to compose your own music should be invaluable when making your own games.

CaptainD

Welcome Luis!  We'll be hearing some of your music in an updated game release pretty soon ;)

luisdementia

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 07/07/2016 12:02:48
Welcome to the forums Luis. :-D

I wish you luck in your video game writing endeavors.
Being able to compose your own music should be invaluable when making your own games.

Thank you! :)

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 07/07/2016 12:09:30
Welcome Luis!  We'll be hearing some of your music in an updated game release pretty soon ;)

Yeah, my first music for a game! Looking forward to playing it again :D

Lord Ed

Hello. My name is Lord Ed. I am new to the AGS community and I gotta say, what I've seen so far from this community is pretty cool and impressive. I hope to work on a game soon and hope to collaborate with the fine users of this community. That's all for now. Thank you and have a great day! :)

Danvzare

Nice to meet you Lord Ed. :-D
I look forward to seeing what games you make.
Although there is an introduction thread that you could have posted this in, rather than starting a whole new thread.

[Moved! -Snarky]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk