Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Hi, I'm Vampire Wombat (don't worry, I only drink marsupial and monotreme blood). Or you can call me Scotty.
I've played adventure games off and on since the days of shareware (so yes, Hugo's House of Horror would have been one of my first).
I worked with AGS some a couple of years ago and really thought I had created an account here back then. The game I was working on never got completed for reasons I can't even remember. I've been working with RPG Maker off and on since then. I decided to return to AGS since it's best for straight adventure games.
After having read through several threads yesterday, I decided to create an account. And so here I am. Typing this sentence...

Danvzare

Welcome to the forums VampireWomabat. :-D
It's always nice to see a new face.

Is there any games you're planning to make?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 02/08/2016 19:58:37
Welcome to the forums VampireWomabat. :-D
It's always nice to see a new face.

Is there any games you're planning to make?
Thank you.

Nothing specific at the moment since I already have an rpg maker game in the works with 2 or 3 in planning stages. But I do hope to become involved in some of the contests and also maybe make spinoff games. But I would like to make a game for Halloween, if I can come up with an idea.

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 02/08/2016 21:41:11
Welcome Wombat! :grin:
Thank you.

MrsWhite

Hi, I'm MrsWhite and I've been using AGS for 1 week only but I've already adopted it.
I like point & click adventure games and I'm trying to make one, though I've no experience with making games so far. :-[
So I came here to be entertained by the games that everyone makes and give feedback (and learn) :-D

And special thanks for the version 3.4 which has at least one cool new feature I'm using.

CaptainD

Hi Mrs White!

Hope you enjoy making your game(s) - I look forward to seeing what you come up with. ;)

Starcat

Hi everyone!
My name is Lars, I'm 31 years old and from Germany. On the web I go by the nickname of Starcat. Game development and writing are a passion of mine. As you may have guessed I especially enjoy adventure games.
I grew up playing the Lucas Arts and Sierra adventures among many others.

I've been developing games as a hobby since I was fourteen. Later I studied game design and worked making games for a local studio for a while. In the end I decided that enjoying games as a hobby is more important to me than the stress of earning a living with it, so I changed jobs and went into IT where I do application development now.

So these days I just want to make games for the fun of it.
I'm looking forward to being part of the AGS community and getting some of my ideas playable in AGS.
I already put a few rooms together thanks to the great Youtube tutorials of densming. :)

Cheers!

Jack

Hi Starcat. Hope to see your game soon.

CaptainD

Hey Starcat! Welcome to the community, and really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

LeisureSuitGary

Hello,

I'm new here. Looking forward to making games and talking with you all about it. Big adventure game fan. My favourite of all time was Grim Fandango. Loved the humour and originality.

Gurok

I love your name, Gary! Welcome to the forum!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

xandmatt

Quote from: xandmatt on Tue 01/07/2008 17:54:42
Hello, my name's Matthew. I'm 22 now 30 and in the slap bang middle of England. The point 'n' click genre was my favourite kind of game when I was growing up and I found the AGS many many years ago and I thought I signed up to these forums sooner. I guess I was just lurking for a long while a stupidly long amount of time.

I'll post again in 2024, probably.
:grin:

Hopefully not; I've always to try and give AGS a better go than I originally did in my less-technically-acute younger days. But, hi!

CaptainD

Welcome again, older, wiser and more technically astute Matthew! ;-D

Zauberlehrling

Hi Forum,

my nick in English is sorcerer's apprentice (more or less) ;)

I've never made computer games, but in the 80's I've loved Sierra's adventures. Larry, Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, you name it. I had them all on my Schneider Euro PC. 9,54MHz, CGA...
(at this time 5 1/4 and 3 1/2" disks were in the boxes, so one could buy 1 game and sell the other disks to a friend without piracy ;) )

OK,
times are changing.
Anyway, today I'm a 40 year old teacher, father of three doughters and I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to make a "serious game" (I dislike this expression) for my pupils.

Perhaps I will make up an extra thread for this. I need ideas for puzzles, how to integrate all the stuff into a story and so on.

Today I've got my first supporter charakter walking :-D
(at least left and right)

selmiak

Hi Zauberlehrling and welcome to the forums. Read a lot in the manual and some threads on the ags coding help forums are good to see code examples. If you are totally stuck and not even a forum search helps you can open a thread there and you will be a full AGS wizard in no time ;-D
You can show us some stuff in the critiques lounge if you want helpful critiques. Sometimes someone overpaints the pixels someone posts and it turns out better this way ;)

Cassiebsg

Welcome aboard! :-D
Looking forward to see what you have. When you wrote "serious" I thought "adult" oriented, but then read puppils and thought "educational"... That what you had in mind?

Anyway, don't hesitate to ask around if you need help. :smiley:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Zauberlehrling

You're right :)
In Germany "serious games" is a buzzword for educational games. At least, at the moment.

Danvzare

Am I the only one here who interprets "serious games" as games where everyone takes everything too seriously and speaks with a gravely voice.
In other words, noir. (laugh)

Nico

Hi everyone! I'm Nico, from Uruguay.

I've been a die-hard fan of Lucas Arts adventure games all my life and ever since I discovered AGS when I was 17 or so I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to develop my own full adventure game. After some years I've decided to restart the project from scratch and see if I can make it this time. (nod)
A dog is the only creature that loves you more than you love yourself.

reg42

Hello ASG forum, I am a newbie.

I've always considered myself more of a music enthusiast than a game designer, though I thought I'd give it a try. Although at this stage I'm still figuring out how to make pretty sprite art. I've been playing games my whole life (all 23 years of it) and I'm only now realising how much work goes into making just one game. Incredible.

Anyway I'm a TEFL teacher in Japan and other than that I'm just happy to be here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk