Author Topic: Newbies introduce yourselves here!  (Read 247492 times)

Re: Newbies introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #1160 on: 20 Mar 2021, 11:49 »
So, are those 12 shorts available still?  :) Best of luck!
I found 7 of them but they are full of references that few people can understand, they aren't in English and I don't have the source files anymore, so I think it's better for me to work on a new project!  :-D
Thank you!

« Reply #1161 on: 30 Mar 2021, 01:29 »
Hello!  :smiley:
I am Ruslan. I am from Ukraine and my English still need to improve.)
I worked with AGS for about 3 year and I made several small pet games(is it possible to say?)
Now I came up with a kind of turn-based gameplay based on the action Crimsonland and wrote a demo to collect feedback about it.

« Reply #1162 on: 30 Jun 2021, 19:29 »
Hello everyone!

My name is Giacomo, I am 31 yo and I live in Italy.
I am a super fan of LucasArts and Sierra games, and graphic adventure is
the genre of game I prefer.

Thanks to a game I played, almost one year ago, which was made with AGS,
I found about the software and community, and, during the boring, infinite days of lockdown,
I decided to give a try myself and took my first steps into scripting and coding.

Before I decided to intoruce myself, I wanted to learn more and made a very little donation
to thank you for your great job, AGS is awesome and I want to learn more in order to produce my
own games.

I will soon begin a Java course certified by Oracle and the reason is
that I am probably going to lose my job; that's why I decided that I would become a programmer!

I'd wish to thank so many users who helped me understanding AGS scripts but I'd not know where to start and
neither I'd like to miss someone, so please let me give you all a special thanks because thanks to this community
I made up my mind about what kind of job I am looking for!

Actually I "work" (on payroll subsidies) as light designer and produce 3D projects for calculating light emission in the enviroment; 
for my (still few) knowledges about light, I have a little dream and wish to create a module for
implementing shadow projecting (I saw Khris video on YT and, dude, that was really cool!).

I play music since I was 8 yo and I have a pretty good knowledge of it.
I can play piano, guitar and bass, drums, harps, accordion and xylophone.
I can compose and write music, but be aware that I am not a music master!
I can use GuitarPro(actually I use TuxGuitar on Linux), Pro Tools and Garage Band.
I can compose and record music with these softwares, but I am not very good at mixing instruments,
preferring writing and recording.
I offer my free help for music composing.

I have a bachelor's degree in history and I particularly studied 17th century's piracy.
Why did I study piracy? You can answer yourself! Thank you a lot, Gilbert and Co!
Maybe I can give my little help in story design concerning modern ages' piracy.

My italian is pretty good as I really like my language, so surely I can help translating english into italian.

I'm into pixel art since few months and I learned pretty well the use of aseprite for my drawing productions,
but I am not good enough to be called pixel artist yet.
With aseprite, I am also learning sprite animation and background design.

Me and my friends are trying to create our own old-style game with AGS; one of them can script better than me.
Soon I will ask for your help about somethings I need to understand for scripting.

I am very happy to meet you all!
Please, test my capacities!

Thank you,
Giacomo

« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2021, 19:31 by Giacomo »

Danvzare

• The Man with No Name
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Danvzare worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #1163 on: 01 Jul 2021, 11:44 »
Welcome to the forums Giacomo. I look forward to seeing what you make.
Good luck with becoming a programming. It sounds like you're making great headway on that, so I'm happy for you.

Also a little bit of advice. If you want to get better at pixel art, but you're not very good at art in general. I highly recommend practicing drawing with a pencil and paper. It might not seem like it, but traditional art skills carry over to all types of art, including pixel art. My pixel art came along in leaps and bounds when I started learning myself how to draw. If you already have a reasonable drawing ability though, then you can ignore what I just said.  :-D

« Reply #1164 on: 06 Jul 2021, 16:01 »
Welcome to the forums Giacomo. I look forward to seeing what you make.
Good luck with becoming a programming. It sounds like you're making great headway on that, so I'm happy for you.

Also a little bit of advice. If you want to get better at pixel art, but you're not very good at art in general. I highly recommend practicing drawing with a pencil and paper. It might not seem like it, but traditional art skills carry over to all types of art, including pixel art. My pixel art came along in leaps and bounds when I started learning myself how to draw. If you already have a reasonable drawing ability though, then you can ignore what I just said.  :-D

Thank you so much, Danzvare, I'm so happy to take part in the community!

I know what you mean and indeed I have always drawn with my own hands before I knew aseprite.
I am not so bad in drawing, neither so good, but I had no sense of perspective.

On last months I indeed started studying perspective illustration in order to create my own graphic for games, as color theory but, most of all,
I obsvered a lot. I observe landscapes, tiny figures like insects, leaves, surfaces details..shadow projections, the difference between same colors at
different distances, like th mountains or hills etc etc etc. I think I got what you mean!

Despite I'm still a newbie even in pixel art, I'd anyway like to show you something and listen to your guys critics. I will do it
in the right thread of course!

Thank you again, see you around the forum!

Welcome Ruslan and all new users!

« Reply #1165 on: 08 Sep 2021, 21:36 »
Howdy!

I'm Aaron, 39 years old, and in the US.  I've only recently been introduced to AGS (sometime last month) through the Space Quest Historian YouTube channel.

I grew up playing the Sierra and LucasArts adventure games with Colonel's Bequest, Robin Hood Conquest of the Longbow and The Secret of Monkey Island (of course) to be among my favorite games of all time.  I am also an avid fan of Atari games and retro computing.  I'm not much of a programmer, artist, musician, or writer, but I'm looking to challenge myself and making some friends in this great community. Very happy to be here   :smiley:

Aaron

« Reply #1166 on: 08 Sep 2021, 23:36 »
Ahoy Captain!

The Secret of Monkey Island (of course) to be among my favorite games of all time.
It's funny how many times these words have been pronounced around here when I've rarely met people who know the game in real life.