AGS Awards 2006 FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Started by SSH, Thu 02/11/2006 15:15:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

I'll say resource, since module programming can be really simple (can also be complicated of course, depending on the use of it) and tiny, yet useful.

SSH

Lifetime achievement, of course ;)

Please put the suffix "in a game" after most of the categories. Programming is in-game. Resources is where the modules fall under.

Dualnames

My game will be on the awards?(MI: Carniaval of the Damned)
No that it's gonna win anything. ;D
Please let me know.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LimpingFish

Okay, since the first post says this became the official "For Your Consideration" thread three days ago, let me get the ball rolling with...

Pimp Alert!
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATIONHEARTLAND DELUXE

A Game By LimpingFish

Because...um...it's great!!!!11!!1

Possible Catagories:

Best Background Art
Best Use Of Sound
Best Short Game
Best Music
Best Dialogue Writing
Best Story

Thank you for your time.  :)

P.S Vote for Steve McCrea's Panorama Module too!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Vince Twelve

I was wondering about this.  SSH has been MIA for a few days.

Anywho... I'll join.

I'd like to shamelessly submit for your consideration:

for

• Best programming - It took a great amount of creative coding to create two games that were played simultaneously.  Also, the bug-free release was helps.
  • Best music - Nikolas achieved something really impressive with his music for this game.  He created two theme songs, one for each of the two halves of this game, that each convey a completely different mood and sound, but could also be played simultaneously and sound like one cohesive piece.  Download the soundtrack and see for yourself!  Hats off to Nik!
  • Best documentation - The game was accompanied by an interactive manual and after completing the game, you would receive a code to go online and add your name to the Hall of Completion.  To my knowledge, this is a first for an AGS game.
  • Most innovative use of AGS - It's definitely a unique experience.  Andventure Gamers seemed to think the game was quite innovative.
  • Anything else you might find appropriate

ManicMatt

For your consideration also!

SECRETS!

For:

Best Story
Best Dialogue Writing
Best Player Character
Best Non-Player Character
Best Use of Sound (I don't know if speech would count here?)
Best Music

Radiant

Okay. For your consideration:

A Tale Of Two Kingdoms demo/teaser
Potentially the Best Demo; it involves 3-d zooming and panning through creative use of parallax effects. It looks like a 3-d cutscene film, but it's AGS rather than an AVI. It might qualify for best Background Art or best Programming for the same reasons.

Warthogs
Possibly the best Short Game. In most games, the non-player characters only react to what you do; in this game, they act, talk and interact of their own accord in realtime; you have to adapt your plans to what they do and when they do it, as they won't wait for you. Featuring Cuppit as the best non-player character.

Ishmael

Since I cannot be arsed to make a new banner or anything, this'll have to do.

Possibly the best Short Game of the year,
with beautiful graphics, innovative puzzle design and
one of the best users interfaces ever seen in a AGS game,
along with a mind-blowing digital soundtrack.

Naturally the game stars your favourite comical relic hunter, Adrian Ford, competing for the Best Player Character award.

Thank you.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

The Ivy

Finally, eleven months after its release, here's your chance to vote for Spooks.

Based on what reviewers and other community members have told me, I think Spooks should be considered for the following categories.

Best Story
Ã,  Ã, All the action takes place in a completely original setting, putting a new spin on everyday things like life, death, and whatever falls in between.

Best Dialogue Writing
Ã,  Ã, I've gotten all sorts of great feedback about the conversations in this game. Sarcastic, witty, and sometimes laugh out loud funny, harrassing the citizens of the Land of the Dead never felt so rewarding.

Best Player Character: Mortia
Ã,  Ã, For her limited number of pixels, Mortia is a complicated character. At the start of the game, her caustic wit dismantles everything in its path. However, her cautious joy at finding a living thing transforms her over the course of the game. Eventually it becomes clear that she may not be completely hopeless...just lost.

Best Non-Player Character: Spooks
Ã,  Ã, Ten pixels of life in a completely dead world are enough to send one Ghoul on the ride of her life. The game's namesake isÃ, cute, resilient, and a bit too savvy to be an aquarium dweller. It's up to you to decide how much Spooks knew from the beginning. Ã, 

Best Music
    Chris (The Scorposer) really captured the feel of the game with five original music tracks, which have been compared to the work of Danny Elfman. For me, the music became a part of the characters and the whole world, especially since the distinctive melody was modified to match Mortia's surroundings.

m0ds

Be a sweet and vote Fountain of Youth for best demo. :D
(http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=724)

Or, be an undercover pervert and vote for Kinky Island :P
(http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=806)

FSi++

For your consideration:

Okay, let me introduce ... for you to consider ...

For:
Best Game Created with AGS - Sure
Best Gameplay - Inventoryless game
Best Story - Try it.
Best Dialogue Writing - Absolutely
Best Puzzles - No sh*t
Best Player Character - See screeny.
Best Non-Player Character (Barman) - true gem.
Best Background Art - Without doubts.
Best Character Art - I am pro.
Best Animation - EVERYTHING is animated up to gills.
... let's skip programming ...
Best Use of Sound - Explosion!
Best Music - Sure too.
... documentation isn't of any good ...
Best Short Game - It is short.
The P3N1S Award (Worst AGS Game) - Why the hell not.

Also Vel recommended me to tell about
Kiselyova Unleashed - possibly for p3n1s too.

And AGS classics - Vacuum Cleaner Gone Mad!.

(i made some good games, but there is no hope for, say, Voodoo Dave & the Tablecloth Mystery to win something, I know... except maybe character art...)

p.s. Also - consider myself for lifetime p3n1s award. :P

TheJBurger

I would like to mention 1213 http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=search&sterm=1213
for the categories:
Best Story
Best Non-Adventure Game

I guess this would be all 3 episodes combined but the first one was released on December 30, 2005, so I don't know how this should work out as a whole.

Ishmael

I don't think that game needs mentioning. I have a feeling the awards will be reward-hogging for the 'big names' again...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

macon

I would like to put forward 'Bullet Train' as a possible contender for Best Non Adventure Game.

Download here (3.16 Mb)

Dan_N

Quote from: TheJBurger on Sun 07/01/2007 20:53:31
I would like to mention 1213 http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=search&sterm=1213
for the categories:
Best Story
Best Non-Adventure Game

1213 is an adventure game. It's an action/adventure. And 1213's story is exceeded by Trilby's Notes' story IMO. We can argue about this on the Fullyramblomatic forums if you like ;).

Mortal Wombat

Here is anoter for best non-adventure game!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=705

Quest Fighter! The only game that let's Roger Wilco fight with Devon the QFG guy. If ppl like I add Guybrush and Bobbin later. Fun!

TheJBurger

Quote from: Ishmael on Mon 08/01/2007 10:08:32
I don't think that game needs mentioning. I have a feeling the awards will be reward-hogging for the 'big names' again...
Sorry, I just thought I'd mention old games again that people "might've" forgotten about.

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Mon 08/01/2007 19:31:44
Quote from: TheJBurger on Sun 07/01/2007 20:53:31
for the categories:
Best Story
Best Non-Adventure Game

1213 is an adventure game. It's an action/adventure. And 1213's story is exceeded by Trilby's Notes' story IMO. We can argue about this on the Fullyramblomatic forums if you like ;).
No thanks.Ã,  :)

SSH

I'm in the process of getting all the awards stuff set up. In the meantime, I'd like for people to consider:

SSH's Walkcycle Generator for best non-adventure and resource
And any one of my many modules for best resource

If you really want to, you can make PMX best short game, too... ;)

Dualnames

Monkey Island: Carnival of the Damned

For your consideration this game, must not win a thing.
Oh, the heck with it. Here:

Best Story
Ã,  Ã, I took a great story and made it into a total crap.

Best Dialogue Writing

Ã,  Ã, That's a sector where my game rocks(honestly)
I suck in everything but at this game I think I did a good job in all those in-game messages and stuff.

Best Player Character: Guybrush Threepwood

Ã,  Ã, Beyond being a loveable pirate and financial gold for Lucas Arts, he is a hero to millions.

Best Puzzles
I think my puzzles are the best since everybody can solve em. Yeah right.

Best Demo
Check my MI: Bad Day to Dead.

You're gonna hat.. em love it.
(MI: Carnival of the Damned does not have a demo version so I took the liberty of declaring my other game).

The P3N1S Award (Worst AGS Game)
That's the award I am gonna definetely win.

Sho-Ryu-Ken corp.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

How about:

Wooly Rockbottom and the Quest for the Golden Beard of Thor!

Yay!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=838

Created for OROW 4, you are Wooly Rockbottom and you are the rarest of Dwarves, a beardless one!  Without a single whisker to call your own, you set off to find the Golden beard of Thor, a magical relic with great powers!  But before you can leave your father wants you to choose a companion, either the cowardly Fenwick the Flighty or the powerful Bram the Bold.  Either choice requires creative puzzle solving in the form of invention!

Please consider this game for:

Best Puzzles (invent neat stuff!)
Best Animation (check out the idle animations!)
Best Character Art (isn't Wooly cute? :) )
Best Short Game (it's short.  It's a game!)
Best Backgrounds (check out that sunset!)

If this wins one of these categories I will seriously consider expanding it into a full game.

Also please consider:

Blackmail in Brooklyn!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=834

Created for OROW 3 it won best graphics and best music.  In this beat-em-up action game you play Pelvis, an aging hero who has come to Brooklyn to end the reign of Slash, a villain who has united the gangs of Brooklyn together to take over.  Punch, kick, jump and sing your way through one level of old fashioned platform goodness!

Please consider this game for:

Best Short Game (it's only one level, but it was done in four days!)
Best Gameplay (River City Ransom style action)
Best Background Art (by scotch!)
Best Programming (almost exclusively uses Rawdraw)
Best Music (old school tunes yay!)
Best Non-Adventure Game Created with AGS (it's an old-school platformer!)

Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk