MODULE: CharacterControl v0.84b

Started by strazer, Wed 04/05/2005 04:07:17

Previous topic - Next topic

strazer

From the readme coming with the original package:

You are free to use this for any game, free or commercial. A credit would be
nice but is not necessary.

So no license, you're free to do with it as you please. :)

Dualnames

Quote from: strazer on Wed 06/05/2009 12:38:28
From the readme coming with the original package:

You are free to use this for any game, free or commercial. A credit would be
nice but is not necessary.

So no license, you're free to do with it as you please. :)

So nothing? Like CharacterModule v0.84b is property of Strazer and revised by Monkeyo5o6 or something..?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

strazer

Yep, I've written the module to help fellow AGSers and I expect nothing in return. :)

Tanique

Hi guys, first of all thanks in advance for such a great module.  This thing is FABULOUS.

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while but I think it makes more sense to post it here than start a new one.  I was playing with this module for my game (monkey's .85 version using AGS 3.1.2) and I've noticed what might be a bug in the WALK scripting.  If I ever program my background character to walk to any x,y coordinates with odd values, she'll walk there, but won't continue the rest of the script.  As long as her WALK coordinates are even numbers, the script runs smoothly.  Is this a known bug?  I'm thinking it may have something to do with AGS 3's ability to run high resolution coordinates in the script.....but I'm really not sure.  The project I'm having problems with is 640*400 resolution.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.  Thanks again for this magical piece of scripting, keep up the good work!

placyd

When I try to run my game with this module, it writes the following error message:
CharacterControl module error: This module requires at least v0.83 of the CharacterControl RunScript module.
I'm using AGS 3.1.2 SP1 with CharacterControl v0.85
What could be the problem?

placyd

Dualnames

Quote from: placyd on Tue 10/08/2010 17:53:45
When I try to run my game with this module, it writes the following error message:
CharacterControl module error: This module requires at least v0.83 of the CharacterControl RunScript module.
I'm using AGS 3.1.2 SP1 with CharacterControl v0.85
What could be the problem?

I found that line on the header and I removed it. And the Character control seems to work fine with me. Even released a game with it. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

placyd

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 17/08/2010 14:03:58
I found that line on the header and I removed it. And the Character control seems to work fine with me. Even released a game with it. :D

Wow, I would have never thought that, but it's working! :D
Thanks!

placyd

I've run into another problem  :(

My code is:
CharacterControl.CreateChain(1, "ROOM:6,360,360; WALK:625,400; WAIT: 40,80; WALK:760,420; WALK:625,400;");
CharacterControl.StartExecuting(cSecur, 1);

The character does everything, except the last part - he stops at coordinates 760,420.
And I can't write anything after it, he always stops that point...
???

Edit:
I've read back and found this quote by Tanique, that he had the same problem, when not even numbers was used as coordinates.
If I use 624 instead of 625 in the script it works perfectly!  ;)

monkey0506

Sorry I haven't responded yet, but I got a chance to look at this..from my previous post:

Quote from: monkey_05_06NOTE: The above download link only includes the SCM for the module. It does not include any documentation, the CharacterControl_RunScript module, demo game, etc., etc. You must download the 0.84 package for these files.

You should not simply be deleting the line in question, as the module does expect the RunScript module to be present. As noted, you must download both the 0.84 and 0.85 packages since I was too lazy to include all of the 0.84 files as required.

For any issues beyond that..well I didn't write the module, just the conversion for AGS 3.0+.. ::)

placyd

Ok, but I can't import both module. How shold I make it work?

Pinback

Quote from: placyd on Fri 20/08/2010 13:34:09
Ok, but I can't import both module. How shold I make it work?

Huh, I had this same problem too.

monkey0506

Just replace the CC module v0.84 with the v0.85 one..but the CC RunScript module still needs to be imported.

Dualnames

Rocco

I'm trying to use this module, but the ChainId and ChainPosition values gets screwed somehow.
The first chainposition is executed and the NPC(s) walks to the first waypoint, but when they reaches the first chain position they are stucked and don't execute the next chainpositions.
When i trace the ChainId i get values like 105466709 and for the ChainPosition similar ones like 106843457, and all CC_controlled have the same values for ChainID and Chainposition.
Dont know what causes this bug.  :cry:
I have 33 chars, and try to use the Module for Char 27 and 28, maybe this causes the strange behavior?

EDIT;
Quote from: placyd on Fri 20/08/2010 08:59:08
I've read back and found this quote by Tanique, that he had the same problem, when not even numbers was used as coordinates.
If I use 624 instead of 625 in the script it works perfectly!  ;)

Quote from: Tanique on Mon 16/11/2009 01:02:06
I know this thread hasn't been used in a while but I think it makes more sense to post it here than start a new one.  I was playing with this module for my game (monkey's .85 version using AGS 3.1.2) and I've noticed what might be a bug in the WALK scripting.  If I ever program my background character to walk to any x,y coordinates with odd values, she'll walk there, but won't continue the rest of the script.  As long as her WALK coordinates are even numbers, the script runs smoothly.  Is this a known bug?  I'm thinking it may have something to do with AGS 3's ability to run high resolution coordinates in the script.....but I'm really not sure. 

Oh man, cost me a sleepless night (and day) to figure that out bymself.  :P
It works fine with even values, maybe a hint in Monkeys posting could prevent others from the same scenario....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk