One hell of a day (Working title)

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 12/11/2006 22:06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Hi this is our first game with the working title "One hell of a day" excuse me if my english isn't perfect.

The story is about a high school slacker. One day he has detention, but instead of reading his homework, he walks to the occult section in the library and reads a book. The part he reads sends him to another dimension, and he needs the very same book to get back to his own world. Finding it won't be that easy though since it belongs to the game's bad guy...

Here are some screens

You can expect a lot of weird and sick humour, hours of gameplay. lot's of funny characters to interact with. NOTE! The game will NOT feature Bud Tucker as you see on the screens...we just use that character for now to try out stuff in AGS. We are working on our own character

Progress
Story 90%
Graphics 20%
scripting 0%
puzzles 5%
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

thewalrus

Well, I like the cool little cartoon style.... Good luck with the project and I will be waiting to play the game....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Steel Drummer

Style is good, main character seems out of place. Did you rip that sprite?
I'm composing the music for this game:

Peder 🚀

the main character is ripped. from a game Ive wanted to get a hold on for YEARS, but I forgot the name of it now :-\.

Mouth for war

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Sun 12/11/2006 22:58:04
Style is good, main character seems out of place. Did you rip that sprite?
yes that character is ripped...we just use it for trying stuff in AGS as i said...we won't use that one in the actual game

Darth Mandarb

If those aren't actual screens you're going to use in the game you should have waited longer before posting.

Babar

You should have an outline font for your normal font. It's very difficult to read in some places.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

jetxl

I don't mind the ripper sprites and backgrounds from a cartoon making program. There is a lack of freedom with those; animations ánd objects that you need, but aren't present. You're a good developer if you can overcome those problems.

Main character is from Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.

Mouth for war

It's just the character that's been ripped not the backgrounds. And we are going to use those screens, but we won't use the character. And the font is terrible i know. It won't look like that in the actual game

TerranRich

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 13/11/2006 00:48:19
If those aren't actual screens you're going to use in the game you should have waited longer before posting.
One could make the argument that, as it progresses, a game's appearance will change over time. The game looks good other than the temporary placements (main char and fonts)

Darth Mandarb

I was more concerned about the over-all graphics being temporary.

Quote from: TerranRich on Thu 16/11/2006 21:16:45One could make the argument that, as it progresses, a game's appearance will change over time.
If the development of the game is going along and you decide to update your sprites (or tweak your backgrounds, whatever) that's one thing.  To post a GiP thread knowing they are temporary graphics is another.  If you aren't far enough along in production to have sprites and BGs in place (that you're planning to use) then I feel that's too early to post a GiP thread.  I understand the desire to let people know you're working on a great game and all that ... but personally, I'd rather not know about the game until it's WELL under way.  This is, of course, just my opinion.

All to often we see promising GiP threads for games that don't get made because the author of the game lost interest in it after he made his first 2 screenshots and some temporary sprites ...

Mouth for war

no i have about 15 bg's and i work on the game almost everyday...the screens you see will be used...but we're gonna make our own character because it's no fun to use someone elses character

jetxl

What program did you use to create the bg's? (and where did you find the Bud Tucker sprite)

Afflict

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Sun 12/11/2006 23:00:56
the main character is ripped. from a game Ive wanted to get a hold on for YEARS, but I forgot the name of it now :-\.

http://www.a-for-adventure.com/gamereview.php?id=168

The game is called, Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.

The game looks nice I haven't played it yet though.

Mouth for war

Quote from: jet on Sun 19/11/2006 10:46:00
What program did you use to create the bg's? (and where did you find the Bud Tucker sprite)

I drew them in click and create...Bud tucker i got it from the fullcd version...the sprites where in pcx format i think

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk