Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold (Updated 2012-11-15)

Started by Tarantula, Wed 06/12/2006 19:02:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinfa

I expecially like the dithering, are you using 8 or 24bit?

Tarantula

Quote from: Cinfa on Mon 08/01/2007 21:08:47
I expecially like the dithering, are you using 8 or 24bit?

I'm using 24-bit, just because I didn't want to waste time worrying about palette issues. So basically I'm aiming for that good ol' 8-bit look with the dithering and all, although the graphics are actually 24-bit.

Cyrus

Is Fester Mudd himself a kind of reference to Indiana Jones? They two look very much alike.

Dualnames

If you need any help fell free to pm me.
Anyway this game looks like the westerner. You know Fenimore Fillmore. The first game. PERFECTION. Well done mate
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

"The Westerner" is not Fenimore Fillmore's first game, his first game was 3 Skulls of the Toltecs, a game I hated.

This game looks and feels quite amazing. I've said before, I think this is a year that'll see some great AGS games, and this one is definitely on my to-play list.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Cyrus

What's the progress? Are you going to finish this game during the year 2007?

Tarantula

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 28/01/2007 11:31:25
What's the progress? Are you going to finish this game during the year 2007?

The project's steadily moving along. With luck, I guess I could be able to finish it this year. Right now it's really hard to say though, as I'm soon finishing my studies and I've no idea how much spare time I will have after that :) So the only thing that I really dare to promise at this point is that the game will be finished, sooner or later...

EDIT: Looks like the links to the screenshots are broken... Will fix them tomorrow.

Snake

Wow, don't know how I missed this one. This game looks truely amazing :o
May I ask how you did your backgrounds? Frickin beautiful. The story sounds like fun! Can't wait for this one!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

accolyte

GADZOKS! :o If I didn,t know otherwise i could have sworn those pictures came straight from an early Lucasarts-game. Amazing job.:o. And the story seems very interesting too. The thought of playing this it,s finished makes my mouth water so much i risk dribbling at my keyboard ;) I wish you the best of luck on this project.

Tarantula

Quote from: Snake on Thu 01/02/2007 13:05:58
May I ask how you did your backgrounds? Frickin beautiful.

I've done all the graphics entirely in Paint Shop Pro 9. Basically freehand and pixel by pixel, but using some effects too. I'm glad you like 'em :)

InCreator

I totally like it!
For a suggestion - though it's more my taste - lower amount of green color from brown surfaces, such like wooden areas in saloon. So greenish wood fits better into a ship (sea weeds), but not a dry western town.

Everything else bleeds too much green also, though it looks good here and there.

Also, pay attention to contrast and anti-aliasing used. The tree in 2nd screenshot has too little contrast (which makes it look somewhat flat) and probably too much anti-aliasing, especially near sky. Atleast, when compared to other shots.

"kick"?
rofl... you'd better give some use to this command. I cannot think of better way to add quick humor into game. Using it in wrong places could result in lots of funny responses/happenings.

Cyrus

Hmm... Tarantula,  it seems so that you want to make this game as much unlike SFS as possible not to let SFS return, even in an in-joke or reference. Am I right?

Tarantula

Quote from: Cyrus on Thu 08/02/2007 07:25:44
Hmm... Tarantula,  it seems so that you want to make this game as much unlike SFS as possible not to let SFS return, even in an in-joke or reference. Am I right?

I find this obsession you have with SFS really, really strange :)

As I've said before, SFS was a very badly planned project and I have absolutely no interest in finishing it. I see no point in putting references or in-jokes about it in Fester Mudd, simply because I feel it's a bad idea to include jokes that most people won't understand (most people have no idea what SFS is).

And I really don't want this thread to stray away from it's original topic. If you really must go on, PM me, DO NOT post about it here. Frankly though, I'm really tired of speaking about SFS. I see no point in dwelling on a project that's dead.

Cyrus

Well, is Fester Mudd himself kind of reference to something? He resembles Indiana Jones greatly.

MYKAYEL

Very nice, very nice indeed ;D Looking forward to this one ;D

Tarantula

Quote from: Cyrus on Tue 13/02/2007 16:00:25
Well, is Fester Mudd himself kind of reference to something? He resembles Indiana Jones greatly.

No, not really...  He just turned out that way. I'm a big Indy fan though :)

Cyrus

Well, what's about music? Is it like the music western movies have?

Tarantula

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 25/02/2007 15:33:08
Well, what's about music? Is it like the music western movies have?

Sort of, but instead of a movie-like soundtrack, I'm aiming more for a Lucasarts feel... Basically I'm trying to make the soundtrack sound the way it probably would have if Lucasarts had ever made an adventure game set in the wild west :)

Cyrus

What has inspired you to make a western-styled game?

Darth Mandarb

Cyrus ... are you interviewing him??  That's like 20 questions!  Why don't you think of all the questions you might have and put them in one post rather than asking them one at a time!  It'll keep the clutter down a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk