PLUGIN: Character3D v0.93 (08 May 2006)

Started by Besh, Sat 05/11/2005 18:13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Akril15

I know this thread (and the plugin it's about) is a tad old, but I've been playing around with Character3D (specifically, the "town" demo) and having a hard time getting it to work in AGS 3.2.1. When I finally got as far as actually seeing the game's window pop up, it always crashes and I get an error message ending in this line:

QuoteError G3DObject::LoadModel - Unable to open file: data\tentv.emd

Even though the game runs just fine in AGS 2.71, for some reason it can't load any 3D models in AGS 3.2.1. The 3.x version of the demo is virtually identical to the 2.x version (I've also copied every relevant DLL file I could find to the main AGS 3.2.1 folder), but I still keep running into this same problem -- changing to a different model doesn't help, either. I've gone over the manual repeatedly and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice?

Dualnames

Hey Akril15,

The plugin has been updated by Besh and can be found in a separate topic. Though it's a tad different.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40123.0
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Akril15

I had a look at the CharacterD3D plugin, and it's not really what I'm looking for. The old plugin seems much easier to use, and I couldn't get the CharacterD3D demo game working in AGS 3.2.1, either.

Dualnames

I'm not sure it does, perhaps it's best to PM Besh?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Akril15

I PMed him several days ago and haven't gotten a response so far. Thanks for the advice, though.

Monsieur OUXX

You're going into a lot of trouble trying to make such an old plugin designer for AGS 2.x work under AGS 3.x. If it were a module, why not -- but under these circumstances you won't go far without the plugin creator's support.

Akril15

Sorry -- this was the only plugin that seemed to fit my needs, and I couldn't even get the new version to work in AGS 3.1. I just wanted to know if anyone else had had any success getting the older plugin to work in a newer version of AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk