Larry Lotter and the Test of Time (available on Steam)

Started by Radiant, Sun 10/12/2006 01:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

[embed=640,390]http://youtu.be/Af9ILGe9_aY[/embed]

Larry Lotter and the Test of Time

It's time for the final exams at Magic University, and notorious slacker Larry Lotter is about to flunk all of them because he spent less time studying and more time drinking beer. But there is yet hope! Using a spell to travel back in time, he gets the chance to do his day over again and pull some tricks to pass the exams anyway! And he has to, because it's his Destiny.

Join Rob Greasley, Calliope DeRanged and Professor Mumblemore in this short Harry Potter parody, loosely based on the greatly admired books by J.K. Rowling. Watch the other characters act and interact off their own accord, and spin time back and forth to interfere.

Now available on Steam. This is the Deluxe version with improved higher-resolution graphics, a professional voice pack, and translations into into French, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Dutch, Russian, and Italian. It's originally a MAGS game but it's come a long way!

Thanks to Fizzii and Meerbat for the graphics; Jan Glembotzki for the music. Voice acting by Anthony Ingruber, Conrad Pallman, Dahlia Badanowski, Jean-michel Newberg, Jesse Lowther, Kristyn Mass & Michael Malconian.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Marion

Blackthorne

This was a boatload of fun - great interface and wonderful graphics.  Good job guys, I had a great time playin' it.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Iv4n

I found a bug: I get the global script error on line 305 - invalid character specified.

Radiant

Quote from: Iv4n on Sun 10/12/2006 19:51:46
I found a bug: I get the global script error on line 305 - invalid character specified.
Found & fixed.

strazer

Since this thread has been bumped, Radiant, did you see this:

Quote from: Michael Beck on Wed 29/11/2006 16:07:58
While playing Warthogs, after a minute or two of play the game stops working.  I didn't copy down the error information the first two times, but on the third the message was as follows:

Error:  run_text_script1:error - 6 running function "repeatedly execute"
Errror:  script appears to be hung (150001 loop iterations without an update) in
Character script(line 323)
from Global script(line 357)

Edit:

Ah, didn't see this was a new thread.

Radiant

Yes, I did. That's the bug that I had fixed when I started this thread. The solution is to download again :)

ManicMatt

My fave Radiant game so far!

I love how you made the people feel alive by making them wander around and have routines, and even chat with each other!

Lovely graphics, except the inventory screen - run out of time?

The wand fx is cool, but I would have had it do that only on the menu screen.

This game feels different enough to most AGS games, good job!

Tom S. Fox

Wow, this game is so full of cool awesomeness and awesome coolness!

Fizzii

QuoteThe wand fx is cool, but I would have had it do that only on the menu screen.

You can turn that off with the Sparkerimousa spell.
And turning off music is Musiquietam. ;)

The GUI is default AGS; indeed, there wasn't much time to make a new GUI as we only started on the game halfway through the month, during which we were also quite busy with real life.   

Ghost

I bow. This game's a hit. Graphics spot-in-place, good fun to play, a charming parody that's not at all tasteless- and Cuppit actually doing something useful, in all his blue usefullness. And I really had a good laugh when I recognised "Ron". What, me worry?

Consider you and your team as giving me a first little christmas present here, Rad.

Tom S. Fox

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 13/12/2006 00:54:28
And I really had a good laugh when I recognised "Ron". What, me worry?

[smartass]He's called "Alfred E. Neuman".[/smartmass]

Iv4n

Considering how great are those backgrounds in this game, that makes me even more eagerly waiting atotk! Congrats fizzii! Very well done.

Btw any progress with atotk?

raimo

The graphics are awesome but unfortunately I found the game somewhat messy. At times it was difficult to understand what exactly was happening with people running around and talking etc. I'm not sure if the game bugged or it if was supposed to be like that. But yeah I can imagine all that being basically because of the small amount of time. Oh yeah it was quite funny.

Fizzii

Quoteit was difficult to understand what exactly was happening with people running around and talking etc. I'm not sure if the game bugged or it if was supposed to be like that.

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. The other characters are interacting on their own while you do your own thing. I like that feature anyway, it the game more life. After you've played through the day once or twice, you should get the idea of what's going on anyway (since you have to repeat it to pass your exams ;)).

Iv4n - thanks! ATOTK is nearly finished. All necessary graphics are done, and I'll add in a few more animations as I like. Mainly scripting and bugfixing left, which is up to Radiant.

Radiant

Yep :) the point is that several things are happening simultaneously.

Da_Elf

Radiant

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 12/12/2006 22:28:35
Lovely graphics, except the inventory screen - run out of time?

Yep, I've just uploaded a new version that includes a prettier inventory screen.

Saberteeth

A bundle of laughs! :) (and the graphics are nice, too)

cocoonangel

To Radiant, Fizzii and Meerbat.

This was amongst the most enjoyable and addictive AGS games that I've played so far! :) Are you thinking about expanding it?

Da_Elf

Radiant

Thank you.

Expanding, no. Writing a sequel or similar game, maybe. Doing ATOTK first, yes.

duu

I loved it! Sequel would be great!

Sythe

I felt this game needed a clock or something so the player knows how much time they have before the next exam and how much time they have rewound.

The graphics were good.

Radiant

Update: We're looking for voice actors. The game contains 8 voices with approx 50 lines each. Drop me a line if interested.

deadsuperhero

The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

loontje

Grue

Let me dig out my microphone and I'll love to be a voice actor.  ;)
Now you see, this is where we have a problem, I currently don't have a signature, and if I did, well, use your imagination to picture it, as you won't be seeing it magically appear here any time soon. Now run along and enjoy the rest of your life, and hopefully, go back to play some of those old games from the past.

Da_Elf

:( one of the elastics on the shock mount for my condenser mic popped :( my studios out of commision till i replace it

SpacePirateCaine

Why not? I'd be willing to lend my voice to the game as well, if anyone's interested. How do you plan on holding auditions?
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Sale

Completed 8-1-07

Canardo

Hmm...perhaps I could also do some voice-acting if still needed. Check After a Shadow if you need to hear what my voice is like.
Here`s looking at you kid.

http://afterashadow.blogspot.com

Global Lint

Spaz ate the dopefish.

Radiant

Well, it took a bit longer than expected, but the Voice Pack is finally here! Listen to your favorite AGS colleagues as they take on the roles of drunken slacker Larry Lotter, evil creep Darco Alloy, and absent-minded professor Mumblemore.

Also including loyal sidekick Rob Greasley, fanatic study-head Calliope DeRanger, and scheming potioneer Devius Drape. And last but certainly least, everybody's favorite (as in, only) helpful blue cup, Cuppit!

Thanks to Tiki and Nikolas for voice editing and direction, and Fawfulhasfury, Grundislav, The Ivy, joelpage, Scummbuddy and spacepiratecaine for the voices.

Available here.

Dualnames

Great job Radiant... Well I've finished Warthogs some days ago...but what the heck?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Gilbert

Megaupload... That does not work here so I can't download it. :(

Da_Elf

so when do we see part two in this game!!?? hehe

Radiant

Quote from: Da_Elf on Wed 21/11/2007 18:15:18
so when do we see part two in this game!!?? hehe

Larry Lotter and the Prisoner's Secret Goblet of the Deathly Phoenix Prince?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Catchy title. Has, in fact, all the complexity that Infinite Monkeys had in its gameplay. So it doesn't seem impossible! :=
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SpacePirateCaine

I wholeheartedly support the creation of Warthogs: LLATPSGOTDPP. I'd even reprise my Drape role, if it were there for me to do.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Buckethead

The new version with the voices is brilliant. The voice actors did a good job.  :D

Ps:

what about Larry Lotter and the secret chamberness?

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Buckethead

I've played through the whole game now but was wondering who exactly did the voices for which person...

Radiant

Quote from: Mr. Buckéthead on Sun 25/11/2007 13:18:04
I've played through the whole game now but was wondering who exactly did the voices for which person...

Can't you guess? :)

Radiant

Well, okay :)

Code: ags

Fawfulhasfury 	 Cuppit, Destiny
Grundislav 	 Walrus Mumblemore
joelphilippage 	 Rob Greasley
Scummbuddy 	 Larry Lotter
spacepiratecaine Devius Drape
The Ivy 	 Calliope DeRanger
Tiki             Darco Alloy

LUniqueDan

Great Game!  :D 1 year later and already known as a classic.

2 possible bugs, but my laptop got arthritis :
Spoiler
After 'Frotz' is cast for the second time at the beginning of 'Day 2' , Calliope stays on her dark Goth-Style-darkness-emulation-clothes for all game-long. Also, strange sprites of Darco (or drapes?) - cut in half (sit?) position flash sometimes in the main hallways and in the library... 
[close]

EDIT : [ hide ] , Dan, [ hide ]
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Radiant

Update: there's now a French translation, for the international players out there, thanks to Shai-la. Some other translations are in the works.

goldensox

Faster than a doughnut, stronger than cardboard.
                                                                    -Wario

None

;D This game looks really cool but glitches on STARTUP MAJOR on my Vista Machine?
Was it, / Is There any chance of upgrading this to 3.0 which games work with Vista?

Radiant

Quote from: ShonenAiGuy on Wed 30/09/2009 00:30:24
;D This game looks really cool but glitches on STARTUP MAJOR on my Vista Machine?
I'd suggest you visit the technical forum on this site; many people appear to have no problems running AGS 2.X games on Vista.

alexhans

I'd be interested in making a spanish tranlation if no one is working on one (and I'd advertise the game on some spanish forums) or proof reading it if it's already in progress.  

PM me if interested.

EDIT: nvm,  I visited the webpage and there seems to be a spanish translation already.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

Radiant

Thanks!

What's more, we also have a German translation now, courtesy of Marco Rosenberg. I think we're running out of languages here :P

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Radiant

Nope, not running out of languages yet. The new translation is Hungarian, courtesy of Bela Selmeci. I'may afraidway igpay atinlay isway otnay anway ealray optionway.

http://crystalshard.net/index.php?g=11

Radiant

This game is now available in Italian, courtesy of Davide Toccafondi.

Radiant

Fizzii

Currently 30% off (along with Starship Quasar and Quest for Yrolg, all in the same bundle) in Steam's summer sale :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/551840/Crystal_Shard_Adventure_Bundle/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk