Warthogs

Started by Marion, Sun 10/12/2006 10:15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

I wasn't able to pass the exams. I restarted the day three times and I can't see how to succeed.
Please help !

a1s

same here. except I know where to get a firecracker and a sock (no clue as to why I would need them though...)

Iv4n

.oot smaxe eht htiw kcuts m'I tub, emag ynnuf yrev heaY

^Well that was not the solution.

Jon

I've found something

Spoiler
up by the owls there is a cheat paper for the rune exams which appears during the potions test. so not very helpful....
[close]

also what is the difference between going back in time, and going back in time at midday?
I know that one is restart as i lost my items :P

Fizzii

If you go back in time in midday, you can see all the characters move backwards for a short amount of time. Repeat the spell to get them to get them to travel as far back as you want.

Though, I'm not sure if you can keep your inventory items; at least, I always lose the cheatsheet when I go back. 

Radiant

If you go back in time beyond the point where you picked up the item, you lose the item since it cannot be in two places simultaneously (which would cause a paradox and blow up the universe and so forth).

However, you do keep all your knowledge. Specifically, that includes spells. So you should start with collecting several useful spells (which requires a puzzle or two). Your second step would be analysing the day to see where you need to be at which time; the characters move around a lot but the day isn't all that complex. The third and final step is rewinding the day entirely (reversultrar!) and following the schedule you just made for yourself.

Needless to say you need a different method for each of the exams.

Marion

Thank you very much for those tips :)
I will try again !

Marion

I definitely need some help.
The day goes too fast. I can't try anything.
I'm lost. :(

Da_Elf

Spoiler
im not entirely sure what you mean about the knowledge doesnt go away. seeing as how i got the cheatsheet but could never use it. either in exam 2 or 3 and when i take tame back to exam 1 the sheet is gone since it appears right after exam 1 when alloy blocks the steps
[close]

Radiant

The sheet is not knowledge, it's an item. Come on, you're too lazy to memorize all of that.

Spells are knowledge. You'll need spells first.

You'll need most of the following:
Spoiler

Alohomora
Colloportus
Legilimens
Obliviate
Riahytniop
Tremorichter
Vanitatia
[close]

This is where to find them:
Spoiler

Calliope has one.
There are two in the library.
Two in the alchemy lab.
One in the main hallway.
One in your dorm.
[close]

Da_Elf

well its great so far. ive got all but 1 spell and ive passed 2 exams

sturzstrom

Excellent--and addicting--game, but I'm incurably stuck when it comes to passing the runes exam. I think I have all the spells, but I can't find a way to use the cheat sheet. Any tips?

Da_Elf

Quote from: sturzstrom on Thu 14/12/2006 17:44:23
Excellent--and addicting--game, but I'm incurably stuck when it comes to passing the runes exam. I think I have all the spells, but I can't find a way to use the cheat sheet. Any tips?
Spoiler
use the spell that turns words around on the exam timetable in the library in the morning before mumbles gets a look at it. this will put runes as second exam
[close]
now if you can help me. i need to be able to get the Vanitatia spell. i think its in the library but i cant find it.

Radiant

Spoiler

Yes, it's in the library.
[close]
Spoiler

If you hang around after the second exam, Calliope will point you in the right direction.
[close]
Spoiler

Other than that, it's a pixel hunt, sorry.
[close]
Spoiler

Thankfully, you don't particularly need this spell anyway.
[close]

Nikodemus

I don't know how to pass the potions exam. I got all spells except one. Any advice?

athirwen1

I'm really stuck :( the only spells I have are alohomora and obliviate.

Help?

Fizzii

QuoteI'm really stuck Sad the only spells I have are alohomora and obliviate.

Try using alohomora to open stuff. I've found no use for obliviate as yet.

QuoteI don't know how to pass the potions exam. I got all spells except one. Any advice?

I'm not sure how to pass the potions exam either. I believe you have to get Drape distracted, and do something while he is distracted. But spells don't seem useful when Drape is around as he always says 'nullicifus'.

Da_Elf

ive forund the same about the potions. It has to be something when he is distracted but i dont know. im wondering if the firework has something to do with it since im not sure if its just a random thing in the game. or the couldron.

athirwen1

I tried the firecracker with potions but I just keep getting it taken away from me.

Anyone cracked it yet?

Radiant

You're on the right track.

Spoiler

Indeed, using the firecracker to create a disturbance is a good idea.
[close]
Spoiler

But Drape won't let you do that, of course.
[close]
Spoiler

You can't cast spells with Drape around, so you can't use a spell to distract him.
[close]
Spoiler

Maybe someone can help you?
[close]
Spoiler

Ask Rob.
[close]
Spoiler

But, Darco will snitch you out. Nasty, no?
[close]
Spoiler

Perhaps there is some way of keeping him out of there?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk