Anti-heroes

Started by paolo, Sun 25/11/2007 21:51:41

Previous topic - Next topic

paolo

This is the official Hints and Tips thread for Anti-heroes.

Be nice to others:

* When mentioning anything that gives away the plot or gives hints on solving puzzles, please use spoiler tags, like this: [ hide]your hint goes here[ /hide] but WITHOUT the spaces before the "hide" and the "/hide". This gives:
Spoiler
your hint goes here
[close]
* Please do NOT post solutions or walkthroughs.

The game's pretty easy so I imagine most people shouldn't have much trouble completing it.

stajp

Stuck:
Spoiler
At Bonnet's house: found arm, gave it to Mr. Bonnet, talked to inside through skylight and through door but nobody answers. I can't get further because it's supposed to help Chloe. How?
[close]

Frodo

Stajp

Spoiler
I wonder if there is anything in the drainpipe on top of the roof?   ;)
[close]

stajp

Spoiler

Found ARM (I already wrote it in first post). Only leaves are in the gutter. Or am I missing something?
[close]

Frodo

Spoiler
I didn't mean the arm.  There is something else in the gutter besides leaves - something you may not want to pick up using your own hand
[close]

sthomannch

stajp
Spoiler

I think I found another body part on the roof, left of the broken light, where a few tiles are missing. And you can take one of the tiles also.
[close]

paolo

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 25/11/2007 23:53:25
Stajp

Spoiler
I wonder if there is anything in the drainpipe on top of the roof?   ;)
[close]

No, there's nothing else there:
Spoiler
it's just the clickable areas are a bit small, I'm afraid, so you might think you're clicking on the gutter when actually you're clicking on something else.
[close]

What sthomannch says is correct, though.

paolo

For those people who are not familiar with the show "Heroes" and so might not understand what is being parodied in the game, below is a summary of the plot that is relevant to the game.

Much, much more than this has happened in the show - this is just an outline of what you need to know to make sense of the events and conversation in the game.

It's probably not a good idea to read this until after you've played the game, as it gives away a lot about the game. You might then want to play the game again so you can understand all the gags. :)

Spoiler

Ordinary people from various parts of the world are discovering that they have special powers. This has dangerous implications for some, and as these "heroes" begin to explore their powers and meet one another, it becomes clear that there are dire consequences for the future.

Chandra Suresh, a biologist, is doing research into the biological cause of these powers. When he is killed, his son, Mohinder, decides to take up his work and follow in his footsteps. Over time, he comes to meet and investigate many of the heroes.

At the same time, the mysterious Mr Bennet is looking for the Heroes, although it is not yet clear why. More menacingly, a serial killer, Sylar, is also tracking down the heroes and killing them off one by one.

There a few dozen characters in the show, and not all of them are Heroes. Those parodied or referred to in "Anti-heroes" are the following:

* The Petrelli family (the Patchoulis in the game) - a wealthy family who live in a mansion in New York. Nathan Petrelli (Ethan Patchouli) is a politician running for Congress. His superpower is the ability to fly, although he tries to keep this secret. One of the first time he flies, he is barefoot and scorches his feet when he lands. Nathan's brother, Peter (Dieter), is able to take on the power of any Hero he comes into contact with. He wears his hair flopped over his right eye. Their mother is Angela (Andrea), who is intent on making her son president. (What is out of character for Ethan, my player character, is acting corruptly and revealing his secret.)

* Mr Bennet (Mr Bonnet), who works for a mysterious agency called "The Company" but makes out he works for a paper company, has an adopted daughter, Claire (Chloe). She is Nathan's biological daughter, but Nathan keeps this secret. Claire is able to regenerate her body after any injury, no matter how serious, even to the point of spontaneously coming back to life after being killed, which has happened to her several times.

* Hiro Nakamura (Niro) has the ability to stop time and teleport through time and space. He believes that he requires a samurai sword in order to be able to control his power. Hiro is an eternal optimist who often reacts to positive events by throwing his arms upwards. In one episode, he met a waitress in a diner who had incredible learning abilities. She was able to learn Japanese merely by reading through a "teach yourself Japanese" book in a single sitting.

* Isaac Mendez (Isaiah Menders) is an artist who has the ability to paint future events, which almost invariably relate to one or more of the Heroes. He is only able to do this after taking heroin. His eyes glow blue after injecting himself, and it is only after he comes down from his high that he able to see what it is he has painted. Isaac learns from his paintings that in the future he will be one of Sylar's victims. (Isaac is actually quite a normal character, but his parody, Isaiah, is somewhat of a stereotypical junkie.)

* Sylar (Silo), a watch-maker, initially has no powers. He kills a Hero who has the power of telekinesis, and finds that he takes on that power by doing so. He then sets about tracking down the other Heroes so that he can steal their powers. He does this by slicing open their heads telekinetically and then extracting their brains. Both he and Peter come to acquire many powers over time. At one point, he tries to steal Peter's power, but Peter takes on Sylar's power of telekinesis and is able to push him away. Sylar kills Peter with a shard of glass through the head, but, as he already has Claire's power, he is able to come back to life once the glass is removed.

* Claude (Clyde) is able to make himself invisible. He misuses his power by stealing things from people. He is played by the English actor Christopher Ecclestone.

* Mohinder (Rajinder) is the geneticist searching for the biological cause of the Heroes' abilities. Mohinder has a map of the world on his wall that he uses to keep track of the Heroes he has discovered. At one point, Sylar discovers that Mohinder is tracing the Heroes, and befriends him so that Mohinder will unwittingly lead him to them. Mohinder comes to realise who Sylar really is, and attempts to kill him by knocking him out with drugged chai (Indian spiced tea) and then shooting him when he regains consciousness. Sylar escapes by stopping the bullets and breaking out of his bonds using his telekinetic power.

* Mr Linderman (Linda Mann) is a mysterious figure who is mentioned many times in the series but not encountered until the last few episodes. He is a very powerful person who has great control over what happens to the Heroes. He is played by Malcolm MacDowell, who is best known for his role in "A Clockwork Orange". (He's a transsexual in my game only so that I can make a pun out of his name.)

* Ted Sprague (mentioned in passing only as Chloe's "radioactive friend") is able to manipulate radiation. He can send out pulses of heat, radioactivity, electromagnetism, etc at will. In one episode, while at the Bennets' house, another character goads him, and he becomes angry. He starts giving off energy that sets the house on fire. Claire manages to sedate him, but the house is pretty much destroyed.

The game's aim is explained by another major plot element. Early in the first series, Peter is visited by a future version of Hiro, who tells Peter that he must "save the cheerleader, save the world". This he eventually does by saving Claire, who is a cheerleader at school, when Sylar attempts to kill her. How this leads to saving the world is explained in a much later episode.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk