Warthogs

Started by Marion, Sun 10/12/2006 10:15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzii

QuoteCould there be further hints concerning the other entrance to the library?

Spoiler
Try the alchemy lab
[close]

Da_Elf

Spoiler
im not sure if it was a bug or meant to be, but in the lab i waited till everyone came in, then reversed time till they went back out, the blocked the portal on the stairs. rob and the professor were the only two who got through it.
[close]

Moomin

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 14/12/2006 22:10:50
Spoiler

Yes, it's in the library.
[close]
Spoiler

If you hang around after the second exam, Calliope will point you in the right direction.
[close]
Spoiler

Other than that, it's a pixel hunt, sorry.
[close]
Spoiler

Thankfully, you don't particularly need this spell anyway.
[close]

Pixel hunt? You mean I have keep clicking on the shelves until I find it?

Fizzii

No, but if you hover your mouse (wand) on the right place, it should eventually say 'suspicious book'. But you really don't need that spell ;)

Radiant

Quote from: Darco on Wed 20/12/2006 23:34:17
Could there be further hints concerning the other entrance to the library? ???

Spoiler

Search carefully.
[close]
Spoiler

In the alchemy lab.
[close]
Spoiler

There's a crack on the wall. Now how would you open that?
[close]
Spoiler

The opening spell, Alohomora, should do the trick.
[close]

Tripplea

Thanx for all the hints. Finally finished the game! Hm, I think I'll go back and play it again, right from the start :=

tr9000

At the first test Draco paralyzes me so i cannot get the cheatsheet until the second test is over, I can't use the spell to go back in time or else I will loose the firecracker.  Is there a way to stop Draco from blocking the path or paralyzing me?

Da_Elf

for some reason his paralising never worked on me. however the trick to getting anything when you get to it too late is to reverse time

tr9000

That doesn't work because If I get the cheatsheet and then rewind time to when the test begins I loose it. Also Drape is in the Potions Lab so I can't use the short cut :( Drape Isn't in the room before the exam, so If i rewind time I still loose the cheatsheet, and If i go in the room after the exam and rewind I loose the cheatsheet, the only thing I can do is find a way in during the exams.

Da_Elf

WARNING not a hint but a walkthrough dont look at it if you dont want it spoilt for you.

Spoiler
here is how i did it. i left the exam and draco was standing there. i took my time and went for a walk. when the 2nd exam starts and draco moves i then go onto the steps and wait at the bottom. i then rewind time to when draco 1st gets onto the steps after the 1st exam. then i go upstairs and get the cheatsheet. I go to the bottom of the stairs. wait till the start of the 2nd exam when draco moves. then i go down the steps. now that im down the steps i rewind time slightly to juuust before the start of the 2nd exam and walk in cool as a cucumber. :)
[close]

Radiant

Perhaps you would like to take your exams in different order?

Potch

Could somebody be so kind as to write a walkthrough?  I am so confused with this thing... I can't find most of the spells and I just am really clueless.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Fizzii

Quote from: Potch on Thu 04/01/2007 20:54:57
Could somebody be so kind as to write a walkthrough? I am so confused with this thing... I can't find most of the spells and I just am really clueless.

That would make things too simple though ;)

Spoiler

If you haven't gotten a spell from Calliope, talk to her after the second exam, and she'll tell you indirectly what she wants. You can then use the spell she gives you to obtain another spell, and from there yet another spell.
[close]

Also,
Spoiler
You may not immediately get a spell from the hallways by looking at the paintings, but eventually you should if you keep clicking. You can use that spell to get another useful spell.
[close]

The tricky part after that is passing the exams, but the hints in this thread should already help you out.  :)

Potch

But the problem is, I've read all the hints, I've talked to her after the second exam, and I STILL can't get anything.  I've restarted the day about 23 times.  I'm about ready to just delete the game, which is sad, because I'm a Harry Potter fanatic.  But it's just too frustrating.  Maybe I'm having a blond moment, but I just really don't get this game.  If this wasn't a Harry Potter parody, I would have already deleted it because I don't particularly like games where you have to do certain things at certain times.  I can never seem to do anything fast enough.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Da_Elf

thats why you can reverse time. so that if you missed the time to do something you can reverse time. with getting the spell is that she wants a specific item. one that can be found somewhere in the game.

Radiant

Quote from: Potch on Fri 05/01/2007 15:16:04
But the problem is, I've read all the hints, I've talked to her after the second exam, and I STILL can't get anything.

Spoiler

She wants clothing to help house elves.
[close]
Spoiler

Seen any clothing around?
[close]
Spoiler

Your dorm room is a mess.
[close]
Spoiler

Give her the sock.
[close]

Potch

Thanks, but I think I'm just going to give up.  I finally got the Alohomora and the spell in the dorm room, but I still can't seem to pass anything, and I'm tired of having to wait around for exams to start and then be over.  Thanks anyway.

Fizzii

You need more spells before you can pass anything. I PM'd you a walkthrough, but do try to use it minimally :)

UrAvgAzn

Man, this game really gets you to think... I have the Alohomora, Obliviate, and the one that begins with a V that you find with a pixel hunt. Any hints towards being able to use the cheatsheet?

Fizzii

If you find the spell in the hallway, you'll be able to use the cheatsheet by using that spell in some way...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk