Carnival of the Damned

Started by , Tue 19/12/2006 20:37:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamless

I,m stuck in the theme park.

What to do with the mailbox. There seems to be something in it but i can,t get it?

Thanks for any help here.

splat44

I suggest you wait before you continue since the program has bug.

Read the following:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=29476.0

Dreamless

Thank you. I noticed that. Not interacting with Wally kept me going this far.

After reading:
QuoteWell, IANAL, but it looks like this game breaches copyright left, right and centre... saying it is fan fiction and freeware and putting copyright notices in it doesn't mean you can use other people's work in your own... that's what copyright is for. Unless of course you are one of the original authors. If you are not, then you're breaking copyright law and Rapidshare's terms and conditions.

Anyway, aside from that, the bug is still not fixed. I looked at Wally, and it said "A pair of matches" (?). I went to pick him/them up and it crashed with the error mentioned above. When are we likely to see a working version?

I,m not sure there will be a fix.

Thanks for your reply!

**edit** I finished the game without further problems. Just talk to Wally in the begin until you have de matches in your inventory (how i don,t know..they just are) You need no further interaction with Wally.

Dualnames

The game now is fixed.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dreamless

:) Yes, I finished the game.

It wasn't that difficult but some things are not that obvious.
Spoiler
a root with the bucket to make it stronger ???
[close]

That was keeping me busy for some time.

Nice game though. Short..but nice.

-Have you noticed that some parts of the background are moving along with the characters?
-You can pickup the cheese again after giving it to the rat.

So, it isn't perfect. But good enough to say cheers to you DualnamesÃ,  :D

Dualnames

thanks for that cheese thingy
anything else i should be aware of except the wally thing and the knife1 and knife2?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

splat44

Quote from: Dreamless on Wed 20/12/2006 21:44:32
:) Yes, I finished the game.

It wasn't that difficult but some things are not that obvious.
Spoiler
a root with the bucket to make it stronger ???
[close]

That was keeping me busy for some time.

Nice game though. Short..but nice.

-Have you noticed that some parts of the background are moving along with the characters?
-You can pickup the cheese again after giving it to the rat.

So, it isn't perfect. But good enough to say cheers to you DualnamesÃ,  :D

So you did finished the game.
Perhaps, you can help me.

So far I got the following:
Matched and plank of wood (which I gave to woodsmith for 6 piece of gold)

I know the cheese should in an obviously place (kitchen) but still not sure how distract barkeeper.

Same thing for trying getting clothes receipt from under the rug.

ManicMatt

If you ever uh, re-make another game Dualnames, I strongly reccomend you recruit some beta-testers, as you don't seem to be very good at beta testing it yourself!  ;)

Dreamless

Hey Splat44.

Spoiler
The cheese is in the kitchen but you need to go in there from the outside. Look at one of the windows. You need a drink from the bartender to distract the guy where you find a ticket. Don't forget to try to turn of the stove in the kitchen and then again try to put it on
[close]

I hope this will help you.

splat44

Quote from: Dreamless on Sat 23/12/2006 19:08:44
Hey Splat44.

Spoiler
The cheese is in the kitchen but you need to go in there from the outside. Look at one of the windows. You need a drink from the bartender to distract the guy where you find a ticket. Don't forget to try to turn of the stove in the kitchen and then again try to put it on
[close]

I hope this will help you.

Yes, it did help and thank you!

Now I am in part 2:
So I get bucket with sand in it
Powefull melatov bomb
gunpower from part3 but not sure what still to in part 3

I've been to the lava place but not sure what to here.

So far, I know to need bomb the theme part but how or where do put the bomb?

Eli

Put lava on buquet....

Sorry I cant hide...

splat44

Quote from: Eli on Sun 24/12/2006 15:13:53
Put lava on buquet....

Sorry I cant hide...

How do pickup lava?
I can't use bucket with lava.

I know melatov bottle is in beach area, since I tried to replay this game I cannot find it anymore.

I got a little furthur:
At the pond, I found a hangman and was able get root with knife and if other things need to be done, I'll be glad to know.

I know melatov bottle is in beach area, since I tried to replay this game I cannot find it anymore. Where is it exactly?

Eli

I used bucket with root, then with sand and then with lava and at last with mail box.
I used melatove with automatic ticket delivery and i believe tha the game end... I would like to know if that is the end or not.

splat44

Quote from: Eli on Sun 24/12/2006 21:15:11
I used bucket with root, then with sand and then with lava and at last with mail box.
I used melatove with automatic ticket delivery and i believe tha the game end... I would like to know if that is the end or not.

Hi Ali,

If you haven't got gunpowder then you need to get it from the fort and which seems part 3.

Regarding metatove bottle, I know is near beach since I remember finding it there but I cannot find it anymore. Where exactly is it?

Dreamless

Spoiler
You can make it yourself by combining drink with shirt
[close]

Jojoboy_offline

Hey, how do I
Spoiler
get the ticket out from under the rug without the hotel owner noticing? I can't seem to find the part of the rope I COULD cut to distract him, so I don't know what to do :/
[close]

I currently have:
Spoiler
a knife, a book of matches, a heavy drink, and a silly straw
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

You already have what you need in your inventory.

Spoiler
You want to make sure the bartender doesn't see you.
[close]

Spoiler
You want to get him into a state where he can't possibly see you.
[close]

Spoiler
How coherent are YOU when you're drunk?
[close]
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dualnames

WALKTHROUGH
SHO-RYU-KEN CORP
----------------------//

After the dialog finishes walk to the upper deck then re-enter the bar but this time from the window. Pick up the cheese and knife then use the stew buttons till they are jammed to get the nails from the stew. Then head to the laundry and give the cheese to the rat. Then exit and head to the right till you see a plank. Pick it up then go to the woodsmith's hut. talk to him for a job. Then talk to him again and give him the nails stick and plank.
Then head to wally's house talk to him once then exit and head the bar. Give him the id then ask for something strong and buy it. Then head to the hotel give the mix to the innkeeper then pick up under carpet and head to the laundry. Then talk to marty and ask for some clothes then quit the dialog. Then look at the shirt and talk to him again asking for a refund.  Then exit woodtick and head to the swamp. once there use the coffin then walt to the right.

Head to monkey island. go to the cannibal village and pick up the bucket. Go at the fort pick up the gunpowder then at the pond use your knife with the roots the combine them with the bucket then walk to the beach fill your bucket with sand, go to the dam and use bucket with lava. Then go to the theme park use gunpowder on the mailbox then combine mix with shirt then ligh up your molotov bottle and use your coin on the automatic ticket provider( not the kiosk).

THE END

Dualnames

Quote from: ManicMatt on Fri 22/12/2006 22:19:49
If you ever uh, re-make another game Dualnames, I strongly reccomend you recruit some beta-testers, as you don't seem to be very good at beta testing it yourself!Ã,  ;)

By the way the game had like 1 major bug. Have you ever used AGS?
It's a bug that's so easy to fix.and i did fix it.
Oh my god you are like...
One day after I posted the game all made the conclusion the game sucks.

ManicMatt

Yes I have used AGS, and I made the game "Secrets" with it. Feel free to seek thine retribution and slate the game if you so wish.

I also had a team of beta testers who found terrible bugs in my game before I realised it.

It's easy to fix, yes, but it's a hassle for others to come across the bug, and then have to patch it.

Your game might have come under less critiscm if you had made an original game with your own graphics. It's only becuase you ripped from a game loved by so many that people will be harsh on you. You raise the bar for expectations by immitating a Lucasarts adventure game, rather than a homemade effort. I am basing this knowledge from reading past game threads of similiar fan-made games. Or heck, just see what people's reactions were of the new Sam 'n' Max, people were harsh because they expect it to match the quality of the previous game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk