The Blackwell Legacy

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sun 24/12/2006 02:37:43

Previous topic - Next topic

aNboy

Okay, I live in India so how do I go about buying it?

Dave Gilbert

Hi aNboy,

The Wadjet Eye store can take orders from almost anywhere in the world.  It can definitely take orders from India.  The game ships from the U.S., so if you want the CD-ROM version there will be an international shipping charge.

edit: and thanks, sin! :-D

proximity

Quote from: Erenan on Fri 13/04/2007 17:44:03
It looks as though proximity posted something and then realized something he didn't understand before and edited it out of his post.

I agree :P  I supposed the game was not finished yet but i realised i was wrong :)
Proximity Entertainment

piperhcombs

I was trying to figure out why the beginning of this games seems so darned familiar  ???. Turns out, it's because I've played the beginning of this game before- in an earlier reincarnation. Yep, I've played Bestowers of Eternity ::). And here I though I'd gone crazy or possibly already purchased Blackwell and mistakenly rebought it  ;D.

Good stuff so far.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Dave Gilbert

Heh.  You're not the only one, Piper.  At least your reaction was much better than that one woman who accused me of cheating her. :-)

Chicky

This game could do with a DS port ;)

coldwater

Looks like a pretty sweet game. How long does the game take to complete?

SinSin

Quote from: Chicky on Tue 08/05/2007 01:27:31
This game could do with a DS port ;)
*Sin chants wildly
DS PORT DS PORT DS PORT DS PORT
Currently working on a project!

Dave Gilbert

I've actually talked to some people of DS/handheld ports of these games, and apparently it's a lot more difficult than it appears.  :(  Perhaps someday, but not soon.

vertigoaddict

If they put it in a DS port, don't they have to redo everything from scratch because of the different programs or something like that?

*I don't have a wide range of knowledge about these things*

m0ds

Old thread I know, but I stumbled on something today and just wondered if you could clarify it Dave :)

You sell Blackwell Legacy for $14.99

How come it's available on this website at $6.99?

Is this endorsed by you? Just wanted to check, and most of all make sure you were aware of this!

:)

Ryan Timothy B

QuoteHow come it's available on this website at $6.99?
Dang! And it just bought this game the other week for the $14.99.  :-\

Anyway.  Since this thread was just dug up.  I may as well say I enjoyed playing this game.  It played more like an interactive novel, without the typical amount of puzzles you see in an adventure game. Although it was still fun.  I enjoyed Rose's nerdy hermit-like personality and Joey's being the complete opposite.  They totally reminded me of Quantum Leap (which you made references to in the commentary).  I loved Joey's hands being in his pockets while he floated around.  As though he's minding his own business. lol

Good game, Dave.
Perhaps I'll get around to buying the other two soon, since I'm not busy moving anymore.

Dave Gilbert

Yep, that's Big Fish, one of my distributors.  All of their games are available at a discounted price, but you have to join their Game Club first.

Leon

Quote from: Mods on Wed 05/08/2009 00:37:21
How come it's available on this website at $6.99?

It's only $6.99 if you're a club member which costs you $6.99 a month. So if it's only for this game, you'd have to become a member, buy the game and end the membership right away (or within a month). It's valid for all games from their site so it's something of BigFish and has nothing to do with Dave. It's their way of attracting people hoping to stay longer than 1 month and don't spend the credits they earn (or buy more at extra cost which will be advertised as "offers").

That's how these commercial businesses try to gain.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Dave Gilbert

Big Fish used to have a purchase minimum of 12 games when you joined their game club, which encouraged their customers to buy more games at the discounted price.  It was a good system, because even though each individual sale only netted me a small amount, there were a LOT more sales than normal because the customers had to buy more games in order to keep their membership.

Now, Big Fish has removed that purchase minimum and it's going to change everything. It's good for the customer, sure, but it also means that their customers are going to buy less games and pay less for them which can only hurt Big Fish (and us developers!) in the long run.  I honestly don't understand the logic behind this move, but I'm rethinking my business strategies as a result.  Yay, economy.

m0ds

All good, thanks for explaining those things to me guys! I must've missed any announcement about Big Fish in your newsletters Dave. I'll be careful to pay more attention in the future  :=

Dave Gilbert

Hah.  No way I'd mention other distribution channels in my newsletters.  :)  The portals are great, and they bring in lots of sales for me, but when people buy from a portal I only get a percentage of the sale.  When people buy from my own site, I get to keep it alllll.

Ethan D

First adventure game I have bought online but it was worth it. Great game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk